• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am Kaiser of HRE.I just won a Crusade for Greece.I have given away the holdings and want to make one of my younger sons King of Greece,(He is already Duke of Thrace)but whenever I try to give away titles that one isn't included.Do I have to wait until current character dies to rid myself of the title?

PS I'm probably pissing off my Brother-in-Law who(ERE) is rapidly losing his empire evenwith my help.

Its late in the game 1388, I will play until end.......only second game I've done so.

is it possible to use more than one claim in a single battle? I want to get two counties at the end of battle for example..

If your ruler has multiple, personal claims against a single realm you can press them all at once. This does NOT include de jure claims or the claims of your vassals. Of course, you can also press a claim for a duchy, or declare a holy war if they're a different religion, or use the Invasion CB if you're Muslims against infidels or against fellow Catholics if you gain papal approval.

Right now in my game, for example, I've fabricated a claim against the Danish held county of Kurzeme. While I was busy letting my depleted levies rebuild (upsetting the Kaiser as his vassal is not recommended :-/ ) I went ahead and sent my chancellor to the other piece of de jure Kurland, the also Danish held county of Zemgale. My chancellor succeeded, and now my king has a personal claim on both counties meaning I can press for both of those counties with the same war, rather than taking one county, creating the duchy, and pushing a de jure claim in a decade with a second war.

Not sure what you're using to get your land, but if its de jure claims you can't push more than one at a time. The trade off for a de jure claim is that its a free, permanent CB so long as you hold the title, but only a county at a time. Tis a nice piece of game balance, and it always makes me sad when someone rages they can't use a de jure claim to grab 18 counties at once. This isn't the (mostly excellent) Civ franchise.

Does anyone have any tips or know of any AARs with regards to muslim rulers? Basically an idiots guide to how to play muslim rulers. Things to be aware of e.t.c

Where are some good starting positions to learn?

I'm giving it a go as the Greek count of Napoli, but I have one issue:

I really want to convert to catholicism without bending my knee just yet. I realize that I may need to in order to survive later, in which case it'll probably be to the HRE. I want to become the King of Sicily without being a vassal of the former king and my lovely wife is the Niece of the duke of Apulia and has inheritable weak claims on both his duchies!

Now the easy solution is of course to get a catholic courtier to convert one of my children, and since I'm middle aged from the start and will probably die before my heir comes of age, it should work fast. The problem is that I'm Greek, and all Greek Courtiers out there are orthodox! I'll risk losing their culture instead.. So does anyone have an idea how to convert your ruler without relying on converting to your lieges religion or educating your child?

I got a quick question. I am currently the King of Ireland. I gained a claim to conquer Scotland through a Vassal . When I win the war the Vassal should have taken over Scotland but, since he was my Vassal Scotland should have come under my own title? That is how I understood what should happen. What did happen, was The Vassal took the throne of Scotland and took the duchies with him. I'm just glad I saved, as this was not the first time something odd like this has happened.

so the question is what happened? What causes a vassal to take a county/duchy/throne as a independent apposed to as part of my kingdom.

It happend because you're fighting for his claim to the throne. You're installing one of your vassals on the Scottish throne, why should he answer to you afterwards? You're equals now.

You can only push the claims of lesser titles if you want to be control the land. An alternative is marrying yourself, heir or dynasty member (the latter only if elective) with the claimant and then inheriting the land in a generation or two.

I'm giving it a go as the Greek count of Napoli, but I have one issue:

I really want to convert to catholicism without bending my knee just yet. I realize that I may need to in order to survive later, in which case it'll probably be to the HRE. I want to become the King of Sicily without being a vassal of the former king and my lovely wife is the Niece of the duke of Apulia and has inheritable weak claims on both his duchies!

Now the easy solution is of course to get a catholic courtier to convert one of my children, and since I'm middle aged from the start and will probably die before my heir comes of age, it should work fast. The problem is that I'm Greek, and all Greek Courtiers out there are orthodox! I'll risk losing their culture instead.. So does anyone have an idea how to convert your ruler without relying on converting to your lieges religion or educating your child?

Considered swearing fealty to ERE instead? ... just aim your amries at the muslims on Sicily prober, and whatever muslim attacks that comes on the rest whenever it comes

Considered swearing fealty to ERE instead? ... just aim your amries at the muslims on Sicily prober, and whatever muslim attacks that comes on the rest whenever it comes

Yeah but last time i tried that, the ERE emperor somehow got claims on all my holdings when I snatched them!? Besides, one zealous emperor is enough to cause a lot of grief.

So the king of England had an out of wedlock Jewish son, Melech Gil, who by a stroke of luck managed to inherit the crown. That didn't really suit well for any but a few vassals. Those who didn't claim independence joined me in deposing our new liege. We deposed him alright but now what? I thought that maybe that the succession would fall on the nearest male royal member but it practically dissolved the entire kingdom and left me with the former king's provinces. It wasn't my plan to claim the crown for myself but how do I even do that?

Edit: Never mind, I worked it out. I just lacked a couple of counties to have the option appear.

Last edited:
I have no idea what happened, probably something to do with heirs and what not, but my Kingdom of Ireland/Scotland/Wales just inherited approximately half of the lands in the HRE.

I don't want these lands.

How do I get rid of them, it's actually hurting me more than helping. Also, I have max crown authority and ever since this European tradgedy happened a lot of infighting has occured. I sincerely hope it's a glitch since the European nations are going to war with ME and taking my provinces and I'm not allowed to fight them.

In 1.06b, does the Byzantine and HRE flags change? (Byzantine Empire being a two headed eagle and HRE being a lion of sorts..)

I just made my heir my Court Chaplain, will that prevent him from having children?

Nope, in fact even bishops have children if you get them to marry before you appoint them.

In 1.06b, does the Byzantine and HRE flags change? (Byzantine Empire being a two headed eagle and HRE being a lion of sorts..)

Actually both should be the double headed eagle.

In mine HRE got some Lion thing going on. Outside it has like the double-headed eagle thing.