• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it impossible to add more than one war goal?

Feels somewhat silly having to conquer Asia one province at a time.

you can "press all claims" but I think it works only for your character's personal claims.

you can conquer entire duchies and even kingdoms/empires if you have a claim on them or use the Invasion CB (has it been fixed yet?)

EDIT: and no, you can't add war goals mid-war, like you can in V2 if that is what you are thinking

If I declare a War of Independence can the King raise levies from my vassals?

France has been able to raise about 6k about 1/2 of which come from my lands based on a quick count taken when he declared war on England).

Second question, if a bunch of my levies are off with the King, what happens to *them* if I declare Independence? It would seem that a great time to backstab him would be when he is distracted dealing with Flanders or even better, England, if I benefit from the double effect of him fighting on two fronts and losing the levies from my lands at the same time.

This is my first CKII game so I'm missing lots of stuff. My question is: I began a game as the King Of Leon.
After defeating a couple of my brothers I was attacked by the Emirate of Valencia and after some difficult years of war all the Valencia Emirate lands are occupied.
Four of them are occupied by me 100% (Valencia, Calatrava, La Mancha, Molina). One is occupied by my cousin of Aragon who came as an ally (Cuenca) and there is another one (Toledo) in which I have one and the other three by the Sheikh. of Castellon.
Judging from my experience with one of my brothers (when I defeated him, but some Arabs managed to get one of his provinces), I thought that after occupying the last province of the Emirate I would annex the provinces I occupy losing the other two from my cuz and the Sheikh.
But what happened is the lands remain with the "stripes" showing occupied, but nothing else. (the warscore has been 100% since before conquering my last two provinces).
The little Emir is being tutored in Toledo (which I occupy) and from his titles and looking at the map I don't see any other lands.
So, is this natural? I thought I would be able to annex all these provinces. What am I missing?

If I declare a War of Independence can the King raise levies from my vassals?

France has been able to raise about 6k about 1/2 of which come from my lands based on a quick count taken when he declared war on England).

Second question, if a bunch of my levies are off with the King, what happens to *them* if I declare Independence? It would seem that a great time to backstab him would be when he is distracted dealing with Flanders or even better, England, if I benefit from the double effect of him fighting on two fronts and losing the levies from my lands at the same time.

1st: AFAIK no, he shouldn't be able to raise your vassals levies.

2nd: your levies fighting for the king will disappear from his army and go back home, ready to be raised by you. I think

This is my first CKII game so I'm missing lots of stuff. My question is: I began a game as the King Of Leon.
After defeating a couple of my brothers I was attacked by the Emirate of Valencia and after some difficult years of war all the Valencia Emirate lands are occupied.
Four of them are occupied by me 100% (Valencia, Calatrava, La Mancha, Molina). One is occupied by my cousin of Aragon who came as an ally (Cuenca) and there is another one (Toledo) in which I have one and the other three by the Sheikh. of Castellon.
Judging from my experience with one of my brothers (when I defeated him, but some Arabs managed to get one of his provinces), I thought that after occupying the last province of the Emirate I would annex the provinces I occupy losing the other two from my cuz and the Sheikh.
But what happened is the lands remain with the "stripes" showing occupied, but nothing else. (the warscore has been 100% since before conquering my last two provinces).
The little Emir is being tutored in Toledo (which I occupy) and from his titles and looking at the map I don't see any other lands.
So, is this natural? I thought I would be able to annex all these provinces. What am I missing?

If you are the defender you can't annex territory of the attacker. You have to declare war yourself for that.
Just press enforce demands in the peace options and end the war. I believe that, as a defender you are not bound by truce, so you can attack the heathen right back. (I might be horribly wrong here)

If I understand right the Emir declared war on you?? If so then you don't win anything for occupying his lands 100%, he may pay you reparations but thats all. You have to sue for peace and enforce demands. It will tell you what you get when you go to that screen. But the only way you gain lands are from declaring a Claims War, Crusades, and Holy Wars, or inheritance of course.

So simple answer you will not get land from someone that attacks you.

Would anybody be kind to explain the mechanic behind "press all claims" button appearance? I seem to only get it occasionally (even if there's multiple claims I have for lands that belong to 1 character).

Bummer...
I spend half a day for this. Didn't know that :(
I cannot declare war immediately as I have my levies raised. So I should disband them first, then declare war and then conquer again all the provinces? That means money and time and the other Arabs are ready to attack me.

yeah you would need to disband your levies regroup, then declare a war to claim whatever land you want to gain from the muslims. Just a word of warning so you know if you declare a Holy War against that muslim that attacked you you can only lay claim to one individual duchy of his per holy war.

I cannot declare war immediately as I have my levies raised.
This is where mercenaries and holy orders come into their own. They don't count as levies, so you can declare war while you've got them in the field.

1st: AFAIK no, he shouldn't be able to raise your vassals levies.

2nd: your levies fighting for the king will disappear from his army and go back home, ready to be raised by you. I think

Thanks. I will save and test it out.

If he is not weakened he will crush me mercilessly, but if he loses my troops the disadvantage should be small enough I can win the war with good strategy.

Actually, I think at the moment the troops actually stay with him if he has them raised until he dismisses them. Funnily enough, if you're leading a regiment for the King when declaring war, your character will also stay and lead your opponents troops during the war against himself.
Known issue that's not fixed yet, IIRC. I could be behind the curve, though, so best to just save and test it.

Actually, I think at the moment the troops actually stay with him if he has them raised until he dismisses them. Funnily enough, if you're leading a regiment for the King when declaring war, your character will also stay and lead your opponents troops during the war against himself.
Known issue that's not fixed yet, IIRC. I could be behind the curve, though, so best to just save and test it.
Okay. I will post back with results!

If that is the way it works then it is all about timing. Declare the WoI after he gets into a war but before he calls up my levies.

Okay. Just DoW'd the King who was at war with Flanders.

As soon as I did his main stack shrank from 4400 to 2600 and my character changed from "Leading troops in..." to "Reigning in Bordeaux". I was then able to raise full levies.

I didn't fight the war out as I'm not quite ready, but it is good to know that it works like I hoped.

I have the title King of Ireland. Done of my vassals usurped one of my titles (Duke of Connacht). He's a loyal guy, otherwise. Should I take the title back or just leave it be?

Yea I have this problem too, guys with over 100 loyalty just usurp King titles like it's nothing. It just depends on the state of the empire, for me I just usurp it right back in 10 years and if he has an issue I replace him with someone that doesn't have a claim (which is what lets him usurp even with Max CA)

Downsides to letting him keep it: he now wants the other duchies and you can't set crown laws.