• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(200028)

Colonel
18 Badges
Mar 18, 2010
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
I figured that this would be a good idea for this subforum, as the game is new and I'm sure many of us noobs have a lot of questions. ;)

- Does the County Capital count as a holding or is it the governing seat situated within an existing holding? For instance, I'm playing as The King of Denmark, and Jylland's County Capital is Viborg, not listed among my holdings but has the exact same statistics as The Barony of Horsens. If they share the same structure then why are they both counted as individual holdings?

every castle, church or town is counted as a holding.

So if you have a county with 3 castles in it YOU control, thats 3 holdings.

If you have a county with a castle and 2 towns, and YOU control the castle with vassals (barons) have the towns, thats 1 holding

• 1Like
Reactions:
I take it this is open for general questions.

How do I dispose/replace mayors or titleholders of defeated foes? I'm playing as Aragon and I'd rather not have rebellious moors acting as my vassals or courtiers once I've conquered them.

Is there any naval combat in this game? I tried to sink a much smaller heathen navy who was trying to land troops on Crete, but it seemed like my ships couldn't attack them. Am I missing something, or is there a reason this is happening?

I take it this is open for general questions.

How do I dispose/replace mayors or titleholders of defeated foes? I'm playing as Aragon and I'd rather not have rebellious moors acting as my vassals or courtiers once I've conquered them.

You can revoke titles diplomaticaly, though it will cost you in terms of that person's disposition twards you. Or you could have them imprisioned or assasanated if you you realy want. You can also trade thier vasalship to another lord; not sure if the person reciving them has to by your overlord or not though.

Ok, I had hoped there would be another solution for disposing heathens. It bothers me that my "real" vassals will be negative affected towards me for disposing a "heathen". We're sworn enemies by religion after all.

EDIT: Thanks TRohrich & CirMag.

Last edited:
How do I claim titles? I can't find it on province owners' diplomacy pages.

Use the chancellor on counties you don´t own; takes time but he will make the claim eventually. Be wary, however - if he is a count and has a duke as a liege then you will have to fight his liege too.

If you create a duchy, then you can "free" declare war to get any county that makes part of that duchy that you still don´t have.

How do I use prestige to claim a title, then?

Game Manual said:
claim title – If you don’t have a valid casus belli, one quick way to get it
is to lay claim to one of your potential enemy’s titles. You can do that by
clicking here. Claiming a title costs you some Prestige, though the amount
varies depending on the nature of the title.

you use your chancellor to create a claim title

or for example if you own half a duchy, and the enemy half, you can usurp their title and claim it.
You i believe can also invade and force them to be your vassels if you own the duchy title and they are in the duchy region

you can invite claimaints, other NPCs with a claim on titles, if you pick the leader of the enemy, hit declare war you will see a list of options and claimants who will come to you.

You were a duke with 2 counties and 2 sons. You died.

You are now the first born son as a duke and 1 county. Your brother also got a county.

Brother declares war on you, takes your duke and count title.

What happens now? Game over? Play in jail? Become the brother?

Is there any naval combat in this game? I tried to sink a much smaller heathen navy who was trying to land troops on Crete, but it seemed like my ships couldn't attack them. Am I missing something, or is there a reason this is happening?

There is no naval combat.

Ok, I had hoped there would be another solution for disposing heathens. It bothers me that my "real" vassals will be negative affected towards me for disposing a "heathen". We're sworn enemies by religion after all.

If you raise crown authority high enough, infidel titles can be revoked for free. Also if a lord rebels he will be marked with a traitor flag, allowing you to revoke one title for free.

• 1Like
Reactions:
how long does the tyrant -60 modifier last?

opinion_tyrant = {
opinion = -10
months = 120
}

# Given when a character revokes a title held by someone else
opinion_revoked_my_title = {
opinion = -80
months = 1200
}

# Given to vassals of a liege who revokes the title of another vassal
opinion_revoked_a_title = {
opinion = -20
months = 60
}

So tyranny is 10 years, revoking a title is 5 for those that didn't have the title, and 100 years for the one that did.

interesting..

is it possible I banished someone, and the effect of -20 was cumulative to 3 titles I took in the process? whenever I banish or revoke, it never seems consistent with the penalty description.

1)how do you keep other relatives, siblings from getting claims on your king's demesnes? The heir ends up with less counties than the siblings.
2)how do you actually execute the DeJure claims? When i go to the window and click nothing happens except the shields change but I don't see any other changes.

You were a duke with 2 counties and 2 sons. You died.

You are now the first born son as a duke and 1 county. Your brother also got a county.

Brother declares war on you, takes your duke and count title.

What happens now? Game over? Play in jail? Become the brother?

The game ends when you lose your last holding OR die without heirs. So I would imagine that this situation would end your game. You may still have heirs, possibly this back-stabbing brother, but since you lost your last holding, you are done.

Question:

Holding a ducal title but having de iure counties comprising that duchy outside of its control is a valid Casus Belli. Why doesn't it work that way for de iure Kingdoms?

The game ends when you lose your last holding OR die without heirs. So I would imagine that this situation would end your game. You may still have heirs, possibly this back-stabbing brother, but since you lost your last holding, you are done.

Question:

Holding a ducal title but having de iure counties comprising that duchy outside of its control is a valid Casus Belli. Why doesn't it work that way for de iure Kingdoms?

It would be too powerful most likely. Being de jure king does remove a minus to peaceful vassalization, lowers revolt risk by 15% and means supporting a claimant can bring the title under you. So it still has lots of good things.

1)how do you keep other relatives, siblings from getting claims on your king's demesnes? The heir ends up with less counties than the siblings.
2)how do you actually execute the DeJure claims? When i go to the window and click nothing happens except the shields change but I don't see any other changes.

De jure duchy claims gives you a cause for war. Go to the diplo screen of the holder of the title, or liege, depending, and declare war. When choosing what CB to use, use the ducal claim option.

What are my powers as regent in a country? My ruler just became Regent over the HRE and wanted to know if there was anyway I could use this to my advantage, Thanks in advance.
Nothing, there might be some events that can trigger, but nothing direct that you can do that I know of.

Just a question about military:

In my games in almost every case the side won the battle which had more troops. The composition of the army didnt matter.
This is for me a very strange behavior of medieval fighting.

Especially bigger armies with not so good heavy fighting units should have more losses and should not win against an army without much light inf, archers and light cav, but usually only the amount of men decides the battle. If this is right it would make for me no sense to build the barracks for the hvy inf and I would more of the buildings of the "cannonfodder" units like light inf.

What do you say?