• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Screenshot of the uncle would be helpful. I have some guesses, but it will be easier that way.
He could be bishop for example, that way he may not inherit.

Though, if he is not bishop, just give him some county and duchy - that way you will be able to choose him.

You were right.. I granted him a county and he appeared on the nomination list!

Strange thing is, plenty of people who appear on the list are not landed.. eg my daughters. So what exactly are the criteria to get on the list?

You were right.. I granted him a county and he appeared on the nomination list!

Strange thing is, plenty of people who appear on the list are not landed.. eg my daughters. So what exactly are the criteria to get on the list?

Your children can be nominated without land, that's for sure. Close relatives (the red-gold blood drop) should be too, but it seems something was preventing your uncle (but not his brothers, as you say). Succession laws sometimes behave strangely enough.

You mean your queen is now sitting in the ducal palace in Brittany? If so, I honestly have no idea.

Worse, if you don't watch out, your son's heir is going to turn Breton.

Yeah, just change her location. But at least your son's some way away from begetting heirs. :) However, first, if you don't take an active interest in tutoring him, you may find that he turns Breton.

Won't be a problem. The only thing that stops me from attacking with claim on Brittany is the queen being abroad. Once she's back home, I attack, conquer, and behead the kid. Probably giving the land to my heir.

EDIT: Okay I moved her home and could attack Brittany :) Problem solved.

Last edited:
Is there a Dismiss All button for the spammed alerts in the top right corner?
any alert you don't want to show in top right you can right click and it will let you change where and when it will be displayed. For example I switch off all the Councillor alert messages as I don't need reminded one second later that I've just sent my Court Chaplain to Rome to sweet talk the pope.

Is it possible to give a king title to a doge?

I read that this makes them "Serene Doges", but in my Britannia game this option is not appearing on the menu...

Nope. And they can't create one (except Venice). In one of my games whole Ireland (and part of Scotland) was one big republic. But there were no "Serene Doge" of Ireland, though they had money and piety for sure. :(
If you have Doges as vassals in your big empire it becomes somewhat annoyance... they want title but you can't give it to them nor they can create it. Sigh.

I am not able to kill people by plots after the patch... There just is no such option!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/ck21.png/

Please help

The system has been revamped. Now you will instead eventually get an event about the attempt. How long this takes to get depends on how many backers you have, and their individual plot power. Common consensus does seem to be that someone screwed up some numbers in the coding, though, as it can easily take a decade to kill someone, even with 100% plot power :/

Is there a way to disable decadence or modify it to permanent +0%?

Disabling decadence strips you out of it's benefits. Permanent 0%, huh? You can control ot very easily already. Ramadan here, battles there, kill all unnecessary males of your dynasty and you will be near 0-5% all the time.