• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay, this is kind of confusing, and more or less irrelevant to the actual playin of the game, but I'm very curious and would be really thankful if someone could answer this for me.

In the physical castle, city or temple that is the county capital, the titles to the respective baronies, bishoprics or cities don't belong to the count, archbishop or lord mayor for some reason. However, when I click on the holding, to the left of its name at the top shows its barony that it belongs to, and in that tooltip it shows that the count owns it, however it is not listed among his titles. Is this an interface glitch or am I missing something?

Thank you so much for answering my questions do far! :)

Quick question: Is there a max number of children a person can have? My current ruler is at 10 kids. He's only 42 so he's definitely still able to pump out the kids, and his current wife is 22. She has a fertility modifier of +15%, and neither have any negative fertility modifiers. But in the 5 years they've been married they haven't had a single kid, which I find odd since my ruler was pumping out kids every year before he hit 10 kids.

I read on another thread somewhere that if your court is too full it may impact people having kids in it (dunno the exact logic behind it...). My court had 52, so I trimmed it down to 38 through marriages and a few arranged "accidents" for those too old to marry out. One of my sons (a bastard) also had an "accident", thus lowering my living children count down to 9... still nothing.

I think that i've read that a character can have many children, but after every new one the chance to get another decreases (IIRC one of the devs said it), so that there won't be any slow down in the later stages of the game - so there is no hard limit, but i guess your chances for more kids are getting really low now :) (though i've also seen a screenshot of someone with around 15 children - so its just very unlikely, but not impossible ;))

I believe one way is to be converted by your heretic chaplain. I've had both a Cathar and Fratelli (?) chaplain try to turn me on to their heresy, but choose to send them to prison instead.

Could anyone inform me on how exactly you can become a heretic?

From my experience my court Chaplin has asked me to convert before. So if you don't have a heretical Chaplin handy search for one, invite em to your court and make em Chaplin and wait.

Other then that I'm not positive. I assume other characters can do this but I'd assume the Chaplin would have a better chancc(MTTH).

Last thing I can think of is here. It's a post by Tegus, part of the Dev team, regarding a shield issue on steam versions. Hopefully that helps.

Each province has it's own tech level (from 0.0-5.0) for each tech. There are 8 techs per category, 3 categories. Levels only effect something at full levels, the .1 is progresses if you will.
What the individual techs do is different, Legalism allows your demesne to be larger, Bows improves archer attacks, they can decrease negative modifiers to relations from religion, culture, boost prestige growth, allow different buildings, increase siege times, increase taxes, etc, etc.
If the techs are applicable then province A would have more taxes than province B, ceterius paribus. If on the other hand A has extra taxes from churches, but has no churches, well then it doesn't matter.
What you might want to do is open the tech panel in game, and mouse over each tech, the individual stars. It tells you what that level adds, which might help you now what you want to focus on. For instance the English, might want to focus on Bows, since the get extra and better bowmen. Spanish and French might go for Cavalry weapons, since they get extra cavalry, light and heavy respectively. Heavy Cavalry already hits like a truck, might as well make that even stronger.
Often Siege weapons is a good choice, since sieges take forever.
Just remember, tech improvement is not fast, but if you work to improve it, and know how to, you can get a significant edge.

Out of curiosity, how do you know that those countries/characters receive extra unit types? Where can you find this info for various regions?

Out of curiosity, how do you know that those countries/characters receive extra unit types? Where can you find this info for various regions?

Its the culture of the characters holding a county which determins if they can buid special buildings which increase numbers and sometimes effectiveneff of certain units (beware though that if the county switches the owner (for whatever reason even inheritance) and the new owner is of a different cuture those buildings get destroyed) - i know that English get boni for archers, Italians for pikeman (though that buiding also reduces the number of cavalry units, beside increasing pikeman numbers and effectiveness), and there are more...

For instance the English, might want to focus on Bows, since the get extra and better bowmen. Spanish and French might go for Cavalry weapons, since they get extra cavalry, light and heavy respectively.

CirMag, english - "since they get extra and better bowmen" - how do you mean this? I thought every nation got same types of troops? Are extra english bowmen considered in CK2? What tells me what troop typs to focus on within my nation? Sorry, i didn´t understand - because of my bad english..i got learning english in school many years ago ;-)

Edit: i saw, that "nindustrial" asked same question ;-)

Where did YOU come from?

I'm playing as de Lecce and a fifteen year old Adelsomething de Normandie just randomly dropped into my court. He has no relation to my dynasty. His parents are in southern France. All I can see is that his guardian (that apparently died) was loyal to me, but still in the Normandie dynasty. So now I own this kid? Can anyone enlighten me as to what may have happened here?

Is there a way to make the CoAs bigger?

Its the culture of the characters holding a county which determins if they can buid special buildings which increase numbers and sometimes effectiveneff of certain units (beware though that if the county switches the owner (for whatever reason even inheritance) and the new owner is of a different cuture those buildings get destroyed) - i know that English get boni for archers, Italians for pikeman (though that buiding also reduces the number of cavalry units, beside increasing pikeman numbers and effectiveness), and there are more...

I just checked the game files and found these special (cultural/religious) buildings:
#Warrior Cult, special pagan building that gives more infantry to pagans (+ligh inf,+ heavy inf and + archers)
#Saxon and English Longbow archery range (+archers, +archer attack)
#Scottish Schiltron (+pikeman)
#Baltic tribes Heavy Infantry camps (+heavy inf)
#Altaic horse breeders (+light cav,+ knights, +horse archers)
#Frankish, Occitan, Norman and German Lists (+knights, +light cav)
#Iberian Fast horse breeders (+ light cav, +light cav attack)
#Italian Pike formations (+pikeman,+pikeman attack, - light cav, -kinghts)
#Russian Armories(+heavy inf,+heavy inf attack, - light cav, -kinghts)

Is it normal for my enemies to declare war before truce is over ? And if I try declaring war on them it says i'll lose 100 prestige and 50 piety, but they don't seem to be losing anything.

wth. ><

I just checked the game files and found these special (cultural/religious) buildings:
#Warrior Cult, special pagan building that gives more infantry to pagans (+ligh inf,+ heavy inf and + archers)
#Saxon and English Longbow archery range (+archers, +archer attack)
#Scottish Schiltron (+pikeman)
#Baltic tribes Heavy Infantry camps (+heavy inf)
#Altaic horse breeders (+light cav,+ knights, +horse archers)
#Frankish, Occitan, Norman and German Lists (+knights, +light cav)
#Iberian Fast horse breeders (+ light cav, +light cav attack)
#Italian Pike formations (+pikeman,+pikeman attack, - light cav, -kinghts)
#Russian Armories(+heavy inf,+heavy inf attack, - light cav, -kinghts)

I can't seem to find "Altaic" culture, does anyone know which areas are Altaic?

Call me stupid, but how to get it to where I can see whos declared war on who as a pop up? Ive got it set up as a priority 1 message on declarations of war. I have it set so I can see all nations, but all that happens is my low priority message box gets spammed.

Call me stupid, but how to get it to where I can see whos declared war on who as a pop up? Ive got it set up as a priority 1 message on declarations of war. I have it set so I can see all nations, but all that happens is my low priority message box gets spammed.

There are a list of current wars and those involved in the ledger.