• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Inheritable claims. Many times when I set up a marriage between claiments of land and people of my empire the children will not in fact inherit those claims. What gives? Does this have to do with the crown authority of the claiment's kingdom?

If so, can I only set up marriages for claims on the highest level? Like only a kingdom and not the duchies under said kingdom?

Inheritable claims. Many times when I set up a marriage between claiments of land and people of my empire the children will not in fact inherit those claims. What gives? Does this have to do with the crown authority of the claiment's kingdom?

If so, can I only set up marriages for claims on the highest level? Like only a kingdom and not the duchies under said kingdom?

High enough crown authority stops titles being inherited outside of the realm.

How to redeem my vassal from prison? :ninja:
TY

From your prison? Go to that character's diplomacy screen and select release prisoner...

So, I got the county of Bologna whose capital is a city and I am getting the "wrong type of holding" message. I gave it to one of my courtiers and now he has -30 in his relation with me because of wrong government type... I do not understand what I am supposed to do. What is the right thing to do here?

So, I got the county of Bologna whose capital is a city and I am getting the "wrong type of holding" message. I gave it to one of my courtiers and now he has -30 in his relation with me because of wrong government type... I do not understand what I am supposed to do. What is the right thing to do here?

Build a Barony in the province and then revoke his City title and give him the Barony. If you forge a claim on the City (or goad him into rebellion), you can revoke his title without antagonizing the rest of your vassals.

Build a Barony in the province and then revoke his City title and give him the Barony. If you forge a claim on the City (or goad him into rebellion), you can revoke his title without antagonizing the rest of your vassals.

Thanks blue emu, but sadly, I can not revoke anything because of HRE Crown authority level. What a riddle...

If you go for mercenaries and are expecting 4500 when you want to pay for their cost, but only get 45 - is this WAD or a bug? I've had it happening a few times already?

If you go for mercenaries and are expecting 4500 when you want to pay for their cost, but only get 45 - is this WAD or a bug? I've had it happening a few times already?
You can see the current strength of the company you get in the mercenary interface. Be careful not to hire a depleted regiment.

Hi, so I decided I wanted to try something new today and loaded a William the bastard. I knew about the rules for the Invasion CB so I occupied all of England before forcing peace, so now I have a immense demesne to give away.

Problem is having never played with England before I'm not sure about what to keep. Essex is a given of course. I was thinking of keeping the whole Duchy (minus churches/City) and the Duchy of York also but I'm not certain of my choice. I'm also tempted by the Duchy of Oxford. None of the duchy actually exist at the moment so Ducal limits are no bother.

Also, considering the switch to English culture with the "Melting Pot", is there any real Do or Don't to be aware of?

If not I'll just plop Normans everywhere.

Hi, so I decided I wanted to try something new today and loaded a William the bastard. I knew about the rules for the Invasion CB so I occupied all of England before forcing peace, so now I have a immense demesne to give away.

Problem is having never played with England before I'm not sure about what to keep. Essex is a given of course. I was thinking of keeping the whole Duchy (minus churches/City) and the Duchy of York also but I'm not certain of my choice. I'm also tempted by the Duchy of Oxford. None of the duchy actually exist at the moment so Ducal limits are no bother.

Also, considering the switch to English culture with the "Melting Pot", is there any real Do or Don't to be aware of?

If not I'll just plop Normans everywhere.
I would Keep the Duchies of Bedford and Kent for my own Desmesne. (No vassal counts) and give everything else away. Careful to create 1 desmesne Dukes in De jure duchies. Then when I conquer new lands I use realm search for unmarried non-greathouse males with good stats preferably content. I then Matrilinearally marry them to my daughters or sisters. That way you get more of your dynasty in control of realm. Also good relations with vassals (their grateful for the land)

You can see the current strength of the company you get in the mercenary interface. Be careful not to hire a depleted regiment.

How can you be sure to avoid these "45" regiments compared to the promised "4500", unfortuntately I payed the whole sum for 4500 soldiers. Seems buggy

How to mess up Byzantines so they'd keep shape but lose armies? Currently playing Rus, wishing to take the Byzantine throne.

Also, how do I edit the game files so I could form the Kingdom of Khazaria?

How to mess up Byzantines so they'd keep shape but lose armies? Currently playing Rus, wishing to take the Byzantine throne.

Also, how do I edit the game files so I could form the Kingdom of Khazaria?

On #2, just put a # in front of the three lines
Code:
allow = {
always = no
}

or just delete them entirely or change always to 'yes'.

how is determined what your heirs main title will be?
I started a game as the king of castille but at some point i was rulling the kingdom of Leon
not sure how or when this happened.

how is determined what your heirs main title will be?
I started a game as the king of castille but at some point i was rulling the kingdom of Leon
not sure how or when this happened.
Often this is a result of your capital's location or the main duchy you own. Otherwise it may be due to switching to the "stronger" kingdom(ie stronger means more provinces)
Fret not, you can change the primary title just like that in the correspondent owned Kingdom's menu.("Make Primary")

Last edited: