• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another question. One of my dukes rebelled. I crushed his army and he is now imprisoned. What do you normally do here. Banish, revoke title, kill? Actually I just revoked his title as Duke as that would only affect his opinion. However he is still a count, but in prison still. So who runs the county etc while he is in prison?

I usually revoke a title, and then ransom the prisoner. If he rebels again, he'll be weaker, and I can imprison him again. There will be a regent running the county. You can see it on the county screen, and IIRC also on the prisoner's character screen.

The new emperor may bear no relations to the old one. He could even be someone who previously hated you.

Yes, but for the sake of HRE shouldn't he try to keep conducting the mutual benefits that our alliance had, so long I don't have any history with him I mean.

Because this rather useful thread is sinking down the pages I'll ressurect it with a simple question that doesn't need a new thread. Well it was getting buried when I looked this monring...and I couldn't find it when I looked before adding this post. :confused:

Can I change the name of people in existence?

I have a little bit of an awkward situation that I would like to fix. My son has 3 daughters all called Yolanda. They're easy to find but it's just bugging me in an OCD kind of way. :eek:

When you press the claim of a courtier, does the newly conquered province become part of my kingdom (with the courtier in charge), or does it become a whole new kingdom, with the guy just friendly towards me?

When you press the claim of a courtier, does the newly conquered province become part of my kingdom (with the courtier in charge), or does it become a whole new kingdom, with the guy just friendly towards me?

I believe he gets the territory and he likes you. From what I've seen from AAR's the standard practice is to force him to marry one of your children (matrilinealy even) and then it goes to your family :)

Yes, but for the sake of HRE shouldn't he try to keep conducting the mutual benefits that our alliance had, so long I don't have any history with him I mean.

Yep I see your point. I would think they should add some kind of a modifier like loyal vassal of the old king/emperor etc. The problem is that the new guy who takes over may have hated the old guy and then you could get negative modifiers based on that. Would add another interesting layer of complexity

How do you press the claim of a courtier? I thought you could only press claims for yourself or your sons.

Please help!
So I was getting annoyed by how the river Volga just stops in the middle of nowhere before getting to the Caspian sea, and I noticed that this was because there was a pixel missing in the Crusader Kings II/map/rivers.bmp
So in my excitement for having found a way to fix the problem myself I just edited the file in MS Paint and added the pixel, and then just hit save.
I guess I should have made a backup... because now ALL of the rivers on the map disappeared.
How can I fix this without re-installing?

EDIT: I guess this might be more appropriate for the Tech Support forum...

I reported this as a bug both in the Demo Bug Reports thread and in the bug-report forum a day or two after release day. Hopefully someone will notice it and fix it.

You make backups to avoid re-installs - short of the Steam solution posted above, there is no way to fix this, except for a reinstall.

Yep I see your point. I would think they should add some kind of a modifier like loyal vassal of the old king/emperor etc. The problem is that the new guy who takes over may have hated the old guy and then you could get negative modifiers based on that. Would add another interesting layer of complexity

It's quite common, at least in the pre-medieval China (Qin dynasties) that you slaughtered the whole family of the former reagent plus their bureaucrats in order to "clean the house", so I'm all for having some history with a realm even if it means negative opinion when the new heir comes of age (you can just assassinate him before he claims the throne). Thou I think HRE uses an elective system, but still it feels odd that they disregards a former ally that have been doing their dirtywork.

That doesn't seem to be allowed on my heir. Is there a way around it?

You should still be able to "grant landed title" on him and give him a bishopric, if you hold one. If you're not willing to revoke a bishop's title to get it, just kill your heir.

You should still be able to "grant landed title" on him and give him a bishopric, if you hold one. If you're not willing to revoke a bishop's title to get it, just kill your heir.

I'm pretty sure you get a specific message that says "you cannot disinherit your heir by making him a bishop" You get the same message sometimes on additional heirs depending on your succession laws. For example with one duke I was able to disinherit my third son but not my first or second.

Hey guys! I managed to misspell my sons name. The little Alan brat was to be named Yasynya, but the middle "Y" disappeared. Is there some way I can rename him, either in game or by editing the files? I'd like him to be Yasynya III and not Yasnya I. =) Thanks!

Hey guys! I managed to misspell my sons name. The little Alan brat was to be named Yasynya, but the middle "Y" disappeared. Is there some way I can rename him, either in game or by editing the files? I'd like him to be Yasynya III and not Yasnya I. =) Thanks!

Open the savegame file in notepad, and do a search. Since it's a misspelling, he should be the only one.

Open the savegame file in notepad, and do a search. Since it's a misspelling, he should be the only one.

I can't for the life of me find the savefolder. Am I blind?