• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You need Sword of Islam in order to play as a muslim.

But how do you play as a pagan?

Right now you don´t unless you get one of the Mod´s that allow you too play pagans.

Thanks for the above answer.

How do you release a person from your jail except his request? and how do you check who is in your jail?

In the intrigue screen there is a tab for prisoners. That menu has quick-links for releasing, executing, and ransoming prisoners. You can also do this by going to diplomatic options in the prisoner's character screen.

If my 65 year-old Duchess starts a war to press her grandson's claim on the Kingdom of her liege, and she dies, will the war end inconclusively?

Not until the actual person with the claim dies. If the duchess had the claim then bam, inconclusive. Grandson with claim, war should continue.

You can check who is in your jail via the "Intrigue" button (at the top of your screen) Below all the ambitions/plots there are three tabs: Threats/Jail/Plots. Go to the Jail (or whatever it's called) and see who your lucky prisoners are. Right click on them and go to 'Diplomacy' menu to either release, ransom, or execute. (Options are icons in the "Intrigue\Jail" section as well)

How fast do levies replenish after a war ends? I see castle levies replenish at 1.25% and temples at .25% base (/day, month or year I don't know) while at war, does this continue after the war ends or do they instantly replenish? Do levies replenish while the county is occupied?

I'm playing Abyssinia, my Sunni neighbor declared holy war on his Shiite neighbor and is now having his ass handed to him. I think I would like to take one of his four provinces in a de Jure war (not all his territory, I would like to avoid a holy war on myself) which would put a crimp in both his levies and finances (3/10 holdings including a coastal city). I am hoping to do this right after his intended victim finishes pummeling him as the province I want is occupied ATM. Is this the cakewalk I am hoping for or am I going to be sorry I tried this?

How fast do levies replenish after a war ends? I see castle levies replenish at 1.25% and temples at .25% base (/day, month or year I don't know) while at war, does this continue after the war ends or do they instantly replenish? Do levies replenish while the county is occupied?

I'm playing Abyssinia, my Sunni neighbor declared holy war on his Shiite neighbor and is now having his ass handed to him. I think I would like to take one of his four provinces in a de Jure war (not all his territory, I would like to avoid a holy war on myself) which would put a crimp in both his levies and finances (3/10 holdings including a coastal city). I am hoping to do this right after his intended victim finishes pummeling him as the province I want is occupied ATM. Is this the cakewalk I am hoping for or am I going to be sorry I tried this?
The base is 5% per year. This can be increased by the training ground buildings.
However, it should be noted that any given troop type will always reinforce at a minimum on 1 unit per month, which is often considerably higher than 5%. If you've got a force of 120 heavy inf from a castle for example, it'd effectively be reinforcing at 10% per year.

If you're playing one of the early scenarios, you may actually want to try to declare holy war to grab the whole de jure duchy. Other Sunni countries should be quite far away and should themselves be occupied with defending Shiite/Christianity expansion.

So, about scores and such.

Score only comes from characters you´ve played. Fine. However, will a fraction of prestige from other characters of your dinasty influence the prestige of your characters as well? I mean, will my son only inherit part of my prestige? Prestige of brothers, uncles etc etc is irrelevant?

So, about scores and such.

Score only comes from characters you´ve played. Fine. However, will a fraction of prestige from other characters of your dinasty influence the prestige of your characters as well? I mean, will my son only inherit part of my prestige? Prestige of brothers, uncles etc etc is irrelevant?
Every newborn gets 10% of their dynasty's prestige (which is calculated by the highest title each member has held upon death)

I have read in a couple places that bishops cannot inherit lands.

I recently acquired ten bishoprics from a crusade. One of my dukes in our traditional kingdom has a particularly problematic male heir. The duke also has two younger sons who would make much more acceptable rulers.

So of course I got an idea. I granted the "bad" heir one of the bishoprics in the conquered area. But he is still listed as the heir to the duchy, with his better-behaved younger brothers still second and third in line.

Did I misunderstand what I need to do when granting the bishopric, in order to remove the "bad" heir from succession? Is what I read about bishops and inheritance untrue?

Thanks for your help.

I have read in a couple places that bishops cannot inherit lands.

I recently acquired ten bishoprics from a crusade. One of my dukes in our traditional kingdom has a particularly problematic male heir. The duke also has two younger sons who would make much more acceptable rulers.

So of course I got an idea. I granted the "bad" heir one of the bishoprics in the conquered area. But he is still listed as the heir to the duchy, with his better-behaved younger brothers still second and third in line.

Did I misunderstand what I need to do when granting the bishopric, in order to remove the "bad" heir from succession? Is what I read about bishops and inheritance untrue?

Thanks for your help.

Hmm, you shouldn't be able to give that character a bishopric in the first place (1st in line heirs are supposed to be blocked from being granted bishoprics. You are allowed remove 2nd or 3rd in line heirs by giving them bishoprics, but not 1st in line heirs, so you shouldn't be able to give him the title at all).

But given that you found a way around that rule, what I imagine will happen is that he will inherit the Duchy, turning it into a Prince Archbishopric.

But given that you found a way around that rule,
Hmm, I just clicked "Grant Landed Title" and chose a bishopric. :huh:
what I imagine will happen is that he will inherit the Duchy, turning it into a Prince Archbishopric.
The current noble counts in the duchy will be unhappy about being under a Prince Bishop, right?

Hmm, I just clicked "Grant Landed Title" and chose a bishopric. :huh:
Yeah, you wouldn't be able to nominate him as the successor through the religion screen, but I guess the game doesn't check when handing out new titles.

The current noble counts in the duchy will be unhappy about being under a Prince Bishop, right?
Yes, they'll have the -20 wrong government type modifier towards him, and he'll have it towards you.

Every newborn gets 10% of their dynasty's prestige (which is calculated by the highest title each member has held upon death)

Interesting. So that DOES mean that it pays off to spread your dinasty as much as you can, even if you won´t play that character? For example, as a king in France, put your brother as a duke in the HRE and make him spread the dinasty there? Since your heir will inherit that fraction of dinasty prestige, thus increasing end-game score.