+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 847 FirstFirst ... 17 42 67 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 117 142 167 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 16927

Thread: Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Isaios View Post
    It scales to income and title tier.
    My income, or the income of the guy that currently owns it?

Recruit
    A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    Pirates of Black CoveSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane500k club

I'm currently trying to form The Kingdom of Wales while playing the Duke of Iceland. I hold every Welsh province except Gwynedd, Cornwall, and Devon.
    What is required to finally form it? Cornwall and Devon are hold by England so conquering them isn't an option.

Quote Originally Posted by m0nster View Post
    I'm currently trying to form The Kingdom of Wales while playing the Duke of Iceland. I hold every Welsh province except Gwynedd, Cornwall, and Devon.
    What is required to finally form it? Cornwall and Devon are hold by England so conquering them isn't an option.
    2 Duchies and majority of provinces. But I think its also got a special condition that your culture must be Celtic, if you're Icelandic I'm guessing you're not a Celt?
    Grandson of Lodbrok's Merchant Republic - A Norse CK2 Republic AAR.

Virgin Resources - A British AAR (Original Vicky AAR idea, no longer developed)

Quote Originally Posted by squaregear View Post
    Yours.

For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMagickaSengokuVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by squaregear View Post
    Yours. The only instances where it scales to his income is when sending gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by m0nster View Post
    Switch to one of the Celtic ethnicities for a generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinno View Post
    It's funny, I have the same problem, but in reverse. I play as Wales, allied with England at some point. The English king got excom'd, his dudes immediately have a go at him. Me wanting to keep England intact as much as possible lift the excom and join his war against one of his dukes. It doesn't take long for the warscore to reach 100% with me fully occupying three counties in England.

Now here's the catch. In the meantime, I succesfully managed to install a new count in Desmond, Ireland and he became my vassal. Unfortunately, he went and joined the war against the English king. So what I've got going on right now is that my ally, who's not hostile towards me, has no way to reclaim the counties. Also, he can't -or won't- enforce his demands on the rebelling duke. Since it's not my war, neither can I.

I'm thinking I should go and kill either the English duke or the Irish count. Any thoughts?
    I don't think killing either will sove the issue, unless the Duke in question is pressing one of his claims? Claim wars end when the claim ends. Forcing the Irish Count to rebel might solve it, as he will then be hostile to you. (That is, if I understodd the situation correctly )
    I mean exactly what I write.
    Unless I'm being sarcastic, ironic or exaggerating or understating for effect. Or using allegory.

Mein Führer! I can walk!
    Soylent Grün ist menschenfleisch!!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    A friend of mine wants to buy a used laptop. He asked me if it will run CK2. It meets all requirements, but I'm unsure on the HD4650 graphics card. It has a pretty low score on benchmark charts... Anyone know if it's good enough?
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

My heir!! Argh +100 relations, and I've made him a count, but he wants my main title, which he is due to inherit pretty soon as my main guy is now a greyhaired old guy. If I don't give it to him he will attack me!

I don't want to have to fight him. but If I don't he messes up the whole realm! I suppose I could give it to him and reload as him? or fight him? thing is I only need 25 piety and I can form the kingdom! Then he could have the duchy early and I'd not care so much!
    Learning the Hard Way: An Iroquois AAR
    EUIII HTTT 4.1b (Steam)

For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMagickaSengokuVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by -MoRiDin- View Post
    My heir!! Argh +100 relations, and I've made him a count, but he wants my main title, which he is due to inherit pretty soon as my main guy is now a greyhaired old guy. If I don't give it to him he will attack me!

I don't want to have to fight him. but If I don't he messes up the whole realm! I suppose I could give it to him and reload as him? or fight him? thing is I only need 25 piety and I can form the kingdom! Then he could have the duchy early and I'd not care so much!
    Buy a Papal Indulgence, that should give you enough Piety. Reloading as him will break the sequence, score-wise that is.
    I mean exactly what I write.
    Unless I'm being sarcastic, ironic or exaggerating or understating for effect. Or using allegory.

Mein Führer! I can walk!
    Soylent Grün ist menschenfleisch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rozmarzony View Post
    Where is the file where I can change the length of incorporation duchies to kingdoms?
    bump, any?

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Why the mayor of Firenze (my vassal) is always a German? Firenze county has always been italian since the beginning of my game. Though, there were some Germans left and right in my demesne, I took care that at least nobles are always italian. Still, it is now the year 1200 and Firenze had always had a German mayor. Any ideas why?
    Il ne faut pas désespérer des imbéciles. Avec un peu d'entraînement, on peut arriver ŕ en faire des militaires.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV

I don't think killing either will sove the issue, unless the Duke in question is pressing one of his claims? Claim wars end when the claim ends. Forcing the Irish Count to rebel might solve it, as he will then be hostile to you. (That is, if I understodd the situation correctly )
    That's what I thought too, kill the claimant and the war stops but... I hate to break it to you. When I pressed a claim and died from illness during the war, my claim didn't end. The war continued, so there has to be something else going on. Pressing the claim makes it inheritable for one generation, so maybe you could kill two generations to end the claim with assassins (since the first heir to inherit didn't start the war)? Could it be the invasion CB that ends when the invader dies and we are all confusing the two? I don't know.
    Last edited by Stolen Rutters; 26-04-2012 at 17:57.
    ----
    Voting on November 4, 2014. Happy voting day!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    MagickaSemper FiWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    War of the Vikings

Is it possible to kill your character in a not gamey way? I am currently playing as King of Bavaria and got a pretty decent character, but his sister outshines him in every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Karensky View Post
    Is it possible to kill your character in a not gamey way? I am currently playing as King of Bavaria and got a pretty decent character, but his sister outshines him in every aspect.
    Yes:
    Crusade!
    DEUS VULT!

----
    Put your character as the lead commander of your stack. Get wiped out a few times and you should eventually die (I believe).

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    War of the Vikings

I will keep that in mind. Luckily a crusade for Jerusalem just started...

Another question: The King of Bavaria (part of HRE) is married to a claimant of the Hungarian (not in the HRE) throne, but I can not declare war to press my spouse's claims. Why? Both Bavaria and Hungary can have female rulers.

edit: Nevermind. I just realized my spouse IS already warring for her claim and unfortunately also my vassal. Can't join my vassal's wars. Is there any way to support her? If I gift her ridiculous amounts of money, will she hire mercs?

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    Why the mayor of Firenze (my vassal) is always a German? Firenze county has always been italian since the beginning of my game. Though, there were some Germans left and right in my demesne, I took care that at least nobles are always italian. Still, it is now the year 1200 and Firenze had always had a German mayor. Any ideas why?
    There is a "switch to my liege's culture" option in the intrigue tab. Odds are, the AI in Firenze used it while the Emperor was German?

War of the Vikings

Another question: Is there a way to change the investiture from papal to free in the HRE without becoming Kaiser? Some plot option? It didn't come up for me yet and I really want to appoint my own Bishops.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I don't like that the inclusion of the English monarch history file reorders the actual historical Edwards. What file do I need to change to correct this?

How do i turn off trees? I had done it in my last install but i don't remember the file there in.

Haven't tried this, and the question is a bit unclear, but if you mean "can cities be modded to be compatible for feudal lords" then the answer is a tentative yes (I know I've seen this in the files, but haven't played around with them), if on the other hand you mean "can the emperor tier for feudals be compatible with cities" then I'm almost certain that's a no. I've seen nothing that hints about the possibility of this.
    Thanks.
    Any idea which file I should be looking through for this?

Is there any way to get the pope to start a crusade. We had two tries at Jerusalem. The 2nd was successful and I was wondering if there is a way to influence either the target or to get the pope to start some more crusades?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 847 FirstFirst ... 17 42 67 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 117 142 167 192 ... LastLast