+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 679 FirstFirst ... 15 40 65 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 115 140 165 190 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 13577

Thread: Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

65 games registered

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryGalactic Assault
    GettysburgHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I can not figure out how to crusade when what the target "Jerusalem" is "independant" which does not allow me to declare war on them.
    Ammerica and All the Troubles II AAR a Dies Irae: Stars and Stripes and FtML Comparison AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post13667536

For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMagickaSengokuVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by azedalis View Post
    I can not figure out how to crusade when what the target "Jerusalem" is "independant" which does not allow me to declare war on them.
    The Pope calls Crusades, then you joing his Crusade, you don't declare on your own.

If you mean Holy War on the other hand, then you must declare that against the highest liege of the land you want. So if Jerusalem is under the Seljuks for example, you declare against the Seljuks.
    I mean exactly what I write.
    Unless I'm being sarcastic, ironic or exaggerating or understating for effect. Or using allegory.

Mein Führer! I can walk!
    Soylent Grün ist menschenfleisch!!

Why is it that when I raise my levies, most of my vassals (the bishops and the town ones etc, don't send any troops? It says I get like 4% and they kepe the rest as a personal levy?

How do I fix this so I can win a war for once?
    Learning the Hard Way: An Iroquois AAR
    EUIII HTTT 4.1b (Steam)

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by -MoRiDin- View Post
    Why is it that when I raise my levies, most of my vassals (the bishops and the town ones etc, don't send any troops? It says I get like 4% and they kepe the rest as a personal levy?

You can change one of your crown laws for extra levies of theirs. Be warned, though; they'll provide fewer levies if they hate you.

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quick Question: is there any way to raise the success rate of assassinations beyond, say 35 %? Besides getting a better spy master and building a spy network or through random events. Or should I stick to killing through plots?

Where is the wiki? hehehe
    EUIII HTTT 4.1b (Steam)

Quote Originally Posted by 24jel View Post
    Quick Question: is there any way to raise the success rate of assassinations beyond, say 35 %? Besides getting a better spy master and building a spy network or through random events. Or should I stick to killing through plots?
    The ratio of the intrigue values of the plotter and plotted is VERY important! I've seen chances as high as 70% and 100% (100% was against an incapable guy) when you have a high intrigue stat (15+) against someone who does not (below 5).

51 games registered

SengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Levies are based on a variety of things. Their relationship with you (bonuses above +25). And the relevant law for their type of holding. This is then compared to your crown authority (which sets the minimum that they must give you). Whichever is higher is then the % of their troops that they give you.

Vassals of your vassals give you less, as it is a % of a %.

In general towns and temples will give you less as they are a) more often vassals of your vassals b) have fewer troops to begin with and c) have a lower minimum % they must send by law.

The best way to get troops out of them is probably to raise your crown laws to high+ but this takes time and gives you a big relationship hit which causes other problems.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
    The ratio of the intrigue values of the plotter and plotted is VERY important! I've seen chances as high as 70% and 100% (100% was against an incapable guy) when you have a high intrigue stat (15+) against someone who does not (below 5).
    Thank you very much! Now I know what to pay attention to!

Any way as King to abolish a Duchy?

If I hold all-but-one of the Duchies counties as personal demense, with the Duke having as his only County the remaining one, and revoke that so he's landless will that work? Or will he remain a landless duke?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn Mandarb View Post

If I hold all-but-one of the Duchies counties as personal demense, with the Duke having as his only County the remaining one, and revoke that so he's landless will that work? Or will he remain a landless duke?
    I don't know of any way to abolish a duchy within your own realm. You can't revoke his county without first taking the ducal title, however.

Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The only way to abolish a title is for the title-holder to lose the last of his counties. You can't do that by revokation though. To try to make this happen, you must encourage a powerful landholder in your kingdom to get a claim on the last COUNTY in the duchy you want gone, then let him press his claim. This'll destroy the Duchy as well.

Not an entirely easy process.
    Unless I'm being sarcastic, ironic or exaggerating or understating for effect. Or using allegory.

Mein Führer! I can walk!

So I started as Munster in Ireland (as was suggested by a few players) and I have a question about Ormond. This is one of the few areas I have found whose holding is not a castle but rather a city and its called "Grand city of Ormond". Is it possible to change this into a county? I was trying to figure out how when all of the sudden my vassal in Desmond attacks Ormond and after the fighting is over he claims the title of count. How can I do this myself?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlz View Post
    So I started as Munster in Ireland (as was suggested by a few players) and I have a question about Ormond. This is one of the few areas I have found whose holding is not a castle but rather a city and its called "Grand city of Ormond". Is it possible to change this into a county? I was trying to figure out how when all of the sudden my vassal in Desmond attacks Ormond and after the fighting is over he claims the title of count. How can I do this myself?

Thanks!
    There needs to be a castle there for that to work. To take control, you'd need to build a castle there, then revoke the title from the Lord Mayor, then the castle would become the county capital. After that you can just give the city away again, without it being a Grand City.

Mein Führer! I can walk!

I revoked a title on my Vassal, the capital of his county was a city where mine is a castle. It told me that the wrong holder type had the title so I gave it away again, however I'm 6 counties away form my demesne limit so I was confused but this.

What did this mean? I am a Duke and the title I revoked was the Count for my second County.

Actually this is about the above counties too! Build a castle? Oh heck.. where to get 700 gold!
    EUIII HTTT 4.1b (Steam)

Quote Originally Posted by Isaios View Post
    There needs to be a castle there for that to work. To take control, you'd need to build a castle there, then revoke the title from the Lord Mayor, then the castle would become the county capital. After that you can just give the city away again, without it being a Grand City.
    I believe there already is a Castle in Ormond from the start.

I believe there already is a Castle in Ormond from the start.
    There is and it is not the capital!
    EUIII HTTT 4.1b (Steam)

There is and it is not the capital!
    Oh, oops. My, bad!

THen you have to revoke the title from the Baron in the castle. So that you hold both the city and the barony. Then the castle becomes the county capital, and you give away the city.

Mein Führer! I can walk!

Quote Originally Posted by Isaios View Post
    Oh, oops. My, bad!

THen you have to revoke the title from the Baron in the castle. So that you hold both the city and the barony. Then the castle becomes the county capital, and you give away the city.
    Awesome,

Ok so one vassal hates me because of 'wrong government type' what is that?
    EUIII HTTT 4.1b (Steam)

Quick question - is it possible to mod titles(e.g. Emperor titles) so that cities are compatible holdings for them?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 679 FirstFirst ... 15 40 65 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 115 140 165 190 ... LastLast