+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 828 FirstFirst ... 23 48 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 98 123 148 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 16551

Thread: Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

Inheritable claims. Many times when I set up a marriage between claiments of land and people of my empire the children will not in fact inherit those claims. What gives? Does this have to do with the crown authority of the claiment's kingdom?

If so, can I only set up marriages for claims on the highest level? Like only a kingdom and not the duchies under said kingdom?

Private
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How to redeem my vassal from prison?
    TY

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
    Inheritable claims. Many times when I set up a marriage between claiments of land and people of my empire the children will not in fact inherit those claims. What gives? Does this have to do with the crown authority of the claiment's kingdom?

If so, can I only set up marriages for claims on the highest level? Like only a kingdom and not the duchies under said kingdom?
    High enough crown authority stops titles being inherited outside of the realm.

Quote Originally Posted by tabu1a View Post
    How to redeem my vassal from prison?
    TY
    From your prison? Go to that character's diplomacy screen and select release prisoner...

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So, I got the county of Bologna whose capital is a city and I am getting the "wrong type of holding" message. I gave it to one of my courtiers and now he has -30 in his relation with me because of wrong government type... I do not understand what I am supposed to do. What is the right thing to do here?
    Il ne faut pas désespérer des imbéciles. Avec un peu d'entraînement, on peut arriver à en faire des militaires.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    So, I got the county of Bologna whose capital is a city and I am getting the "wrong type of holding" message. I gave it to one of my courtiers and now he has -30 in his relation with me because of wrong government type... I do not understand what I am supposed to do. What is the right thing to do here?
    Build a Barony in the province and then revoke his City title and give him the Barony. If you forge a claim on the City (or goad him into rebellion), you can revoke his title without antagonizing the rest of your vassals.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Private
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Baneslave View Post
    From your prison? Go to that character's diplomacy screen and select release prisoner...
    Not my

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    Build a Barony in the province and then revoke his City title and give him the Barony. If you forge a claim on the City (or goad him into rebellion), you can revoke his title without antagonizing the rest of your vassals.
    Thanks blue emu, but sadly, I can not revoke anything because of HRE Crown authority level. What a riddle...
    Il ne faut pas désespérer des imbéciles. Avec un peu d'entraînement, on peut arriver à en faire des militaires.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If you go for mercenaries and are expecting 4500 when you want to pay for their cost, but only get 45 - is this WAD or a bug? I've had it happening a few times already?
    Give me dukes as vassals ! Anytime - anywhere !

No hay banda - there is no band - it's all an illusion

One of the most underrated games needs your support = Take Command Second Manassas (visit at http://www.madminutegames.com )

Quote Originally Posted by Spruce View Post
    If you go for mercenaries and are expecting 4500 when you want to pay for their cost, but only get 45 - is this WAD or a bug? I've had it happening a few times already?
    You can see the current strength of the company you get in the mercenary interface. Be careful not to hire a depleted regiment.
    "Econometrics is the art of drawing a crooked line from an unproved assumption to a foregone conclusion." - Peter Kennedy, A Guide to Econometrics, MIT Press, 1992, p. 7.

"A popular Government without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy, or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives." - James Madison

Is there any way to have a pop-up window everytime somebody declares war on somebody, even when I'm not affected by this?
    I tried changing the message settings, but still it seems to work only for my liege.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Hi, so I decided I wanted to try something new today and loaded a William the bastard. I knew about the rules for the Invasion CB so I occupied all of England before forcing peace, so now I have a immense demesne to give away.

Problem is having never played with England before I'm not sure about what to keep. Essex is a given of course. I was thinking of keeping the whole Duchy (minus churches/City) and the Duchy of York also but I'm not certain of my choice. I'm also tempted by the Duchy of Oxford. None of the duchy actually exist at the moment so Ducal limits are no bother.

Also, considering the switch to English culture with the "Melting Pot", is there any real Do or Don't to be aware of?

If not I'll just plop Normans everywhere.

HoI AnthologyDeus VultDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alexender00 View Post
    Hi, so I decided I wanted to try something new today and loaded a William the bastard. I knew about the rules for the Invasion CB so I occupied all of England before forcing peace, so now I have a immense demesne to give away.

Problem is having never played with England before I'm not sure about what to keep. Essex is a given of course. I was thinking of keeping the whole Duchy (minus churches/City) and the Duchy of York also but I'm not certain of my choice. I'm also tempted by the Duchy of Oxford. None of the duchy actually exist at the moment so Ducal limits are no bother.

Also, considering the switch to English culture with the "Melting Pot", is there any real Do or Don't to be aware of?

If not I'll just plop Normans everywhere.
    I would Keep the Duchies of Bedford and Kent for my own Desmesne. (No vassal counts) and give everything else away. Careful to create 1 desmesne Dukes in De jure duchies. Then when I conquer new lands I use realm search for unmarried non-greathouse males with good stats preferably content. I then Matrilinearally marry them to my daughters or sisters. That way you get more of your dynasty in control of realm. Also good relations with vassals (their grateful for the land)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    You can see the current strength of the company you get in the mercenary interface. Be careful not to hire a depleted regiment.
    How can you be sure to avoid these "45" regiments compared to the promised "4500", unfortuntately I payed the whole sum for 4500 soldiers. Seems buggy
    Give me dukes as vassals ! Anytime - anywhere !

No hay banda - there is no band - it's all an illusion

One of the most underrated games needs your support = Take Command Second Manassas (visit at http://www.madminutegames.com )

How to mess up Byzantines so they'd keep shape but lose armies? Currently playing Rus, wishing to take the Byzantine throne.

Also, how do I edit the game files so I could form the Kingdom of Khazaria?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by kfijatass View Post
    How to mess up Byzantines so they'd keep shape but lose armies? Currently playing Rus, wishing to take the Byzantine throne.

Also, how do I edit the game files so I could form the Kingdom of Khazaria?
    On #2, just put a # in front of the three lines
    Code:
    allow = {
    always = no
    }
    or just delete them entirely or change always to 'yes'.

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Spruce View Post
    How can you be sure to avoid these "45" regiments compared to the promised "4500", unfortuntately I payed the whole sum for 4500 soldiers. Seems buggy
    Game is quite clear about which companies have which amount of men, so just don't recruit those depleted units...?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindImpireMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

What console command makes me play as a specific character? I know there is one but I forget :S

Dutchling:

"play [character's id number here]"

how is determined what your heirs main title will be?
    I started a game as the king of castille but at some point i was rulling the kingdom of Leon
    not sure how or when this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by h3r3tiC View Post
    how is determined what your heirs main title will be?
    I started a game as the king of castille but at some point i was rulling the kingdom of Leon
    not sure how or when this happened.
    Often this is a result of your capital's location or the main duchy you own. Otherwise it may be due to switching to the "stronger" kingdom(ie stronger means more provinces)
    Fret not, you can change the primary title just like that in the correspondent owned Kingdom's menu.("Make Primary")
    Last edited by kfijatass; 01-04-2012 at 16:15.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 828 FirstFirst ... 23 48 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 98 123 148 173 ... LastLast