+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 802 FirstFirst ... 20 45 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 95 120 145 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 16028

Thread: Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nitroholic View Post
    Is there anyway to make it so that when your liege raises your levies, your ruler isn't the one leading them. Ive had so many rulers killed like this
    With at least limited crown authority, you can change the commander of an army by clicking on the name.
    "Econometrics is the art of drawing a crooked line from an unproved assumption to a foregone conclusion." - Peter Kennedy, A Guide to Econometrics, MIT Press, 1992, p. 7.

"A popular Government without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy, or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives." - James Madison

Crusader Kings II

I started a game with the obj to engross The BE as a faithfull vassal as much as i can.
    I ve grown some, but in the middle of the game, the Doux fanily conquered HRE and in the split of a second (of assassination) i passed from BE to HRE ??!! This really fu*ked my game mood.
    I understand HRE is greek etc now but...

Is there another way to get back to BE beside independence war ?
    I tired of it, i am on my third independence war, and each time i m like 90%++ someone of my own dinasty assassinate me, HRE leader dies or whatever, its getting tiresome.
    I find strange the fact that i can t vassalize myself of my own will to BE for example.
    Exodus 15:3
    The Lord is as a man of war, Almighty is his name.

The rest is marketing.

Emperor Demi Moderator Marconius's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonland
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Magicka: Wizard Wars Starter WizardWarlock 2: The Exiled

Is there a way to change which holding is the capital of a county?

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Marconius View Post
    Is there a way to change which holding is the capital of a county?
    AFAIK only by giving the titleholder of that holder the county-title. (you can then of course revoke the county-title again, though that is a bit messy).

Hi all,

as King of Serbia i created Kingdom of Burgundy and so i became King of Burg. too.

I wanted to do it, a part from the "mwhahahah" feeling, also because as King of Serbia i was not able to modify crown laws (lots of vassals are not in my kingdom and i have bad relationship with others).

I switched also "primary title" to Burgundy.

Is it correct to say that:
    1) vassals which de jure belong to Kingdom of Serbia, are affected by Serbia crown laws
    2) vassals which de jure belong to Kingdom of Burgundy and all other vassals (for example in north italy) are affected by Burgundy crown laws
    ?

Can u give me any other advice about having more than 1 kingdom?

Thanks!!!

My question is about reinforcing armies:

I noticed during a crusade that went on for decades due to interuptions, that my total number of soldiers (having raised all available vassals, although large numbers of levies that where available were not used) went down drastically every time I made a major offensive, untill I was basically fighting with only mercenaries, and all the individual 'armies' were down to a few soldiers. however if I then told someone to bugger off back to blighty with his 3 soldiers, hey presto he'd be able to raise 500 men the next second when he returned to his holding to find a load of REMFs swanning about enjoying the sun.

Now I get how this is probably a mechanic to simulate feudal levies been raised at the lowest level by small time barons who would not be able to remotely access reserve forces from their individual villages, but is there a way around this, some system that does the micromanaging for you? I just found it incredibly annoying having to micromanage which counties are on the offensive, which counties are recovering, which counties are reinforcing etc. In the situation above, because of the distances involved to the crusade target, the size of my combined kingdoms and the defending target, I basically spent about 5 hours of my life endlessly clicking, which is a shame because there is so much about this game that I love

Crusader Kings IISengoku

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Hey guys, I've tried playing a couple of games so far but am completely useless. What's a good character to start with for a beginner to the Paradox series?
    Start in Ireland. No mighty neighbors or enemies there for quite a while, so you can learn the game rather undisturbed.

I have a church and city holding, I want to give them, but I seen that only stewardship stat seems usefull for tax modifier, so I should only give them to high steward guyz? other stats are useless?
    and is there a point to gibe church control to priest education guy and/or with hgih learning, does it have any effetc, atm I check list and transfer holdings who hs higest steward
    lastly when I give control of holding, does that guy build structrures ? cos there is a big difference income he gets and tax he pays me what happens to balance money, added his own gold?

Liberté, egalité, fraternité StephenT's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher0 View Post
    Now I get how this is probably a mechanic to simulate feudal levies been raised at the lowest level by small time barons who would not be able to remotely access reserve forces from their individual villages, but is there a way around this, some system that does the micromanaging for you?
    If anything, it represents the historical fact that most vassals only had to serve their lord for 40 days per year, so at the end of that time they all went home again - apart from a hard core who stayed on to fight for the love of it. That's how your armies can decrease so dramatically, but you can raise new levies almost instantly - it's the same knights who just went home after the last battle, but you can call them up again later.

As for a 'system'; not to my knowledge, but again that's historical. Raise your levies for a short war against a nearby opponent. For a long, protracted war (which was rare in the Middle Ages), use mercenaries and Holy Orders instead. Or if you have to use levies, all I can suggest is dong it by dukedom: tell the Dukes of A and B to follow you to war, then a year later tell the dukes of C and D to raise their levies, while A and B are dismissed back home again.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLead and Gold
    LegioLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by CruelDuck View Post
    I have a church and city holding, I want to give them, but I seen that only stewardship stat seems usefull for tax modifier, so I should only give them to high steward guyz? other stats are useless?
    and is there a point to gibe church control to priest education guy and/or with hgih learning, does it have any effetc, atm I check list and transfer holdings who hs higest steward
    lastly when I give control of holding, does that guy build structrures ? cos there is a big difference income he gets and tax he pays me what happens to balance money, added his own gold?
    With church and city holdings the next ruler is not hereditary, so stats are only affecting the first ruler you assign. I think it is more useful to save your high steward (and other high stats, which you might wish to appoint to your council later) characters for direct feudal vassals. Either right click the church and city to generate a random new vassal or use it to clear out the bad courtiers from your court (remember to marry them to a bad woman you also would like to get rid of before granting the landed title).

Edit: if you micromanage to have all your cities be owned by the same mayor, the mayor's stats become more important, of course.
    Member of the ahistoric association

Where does the "Elector Titles Held" opinion modifier come from?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteWarlock: Master of the Arcane

As of 1.04c, the Kingdom of Welsh doesn't exist anymore, right?

Also, any ways beside warfare to speed up the death of my Lord? I've had my Duke of Meath outlive his son and grandson!!!

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    As of 1.04c, the Kingdom of Welsh doesn't exist anymore, right?
    It's been renamed to the "Kingdom of Brythain" and had its territory expanded to cover southeast England and Brittany.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    It's been renamed to the "Kingdom of Brythain" and had its territory expanded to cover southeast England and Brittany.
    Thanks, was hoping my game hadn't bugged on me.

Kinda sad the historical Welsh is no longer there, but I like the more powerful united crown and acknowledge of similar cultural background between Britanny, Welsh and Cornwall

Oh well, I am going to embark on a rather nice historical tale of the Conquest of England by Ireland and Wales/Britanny.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

What does Moral Authority do? How or why does Moral Authority rise and fall?

Edit: Okay, I think I found the answers in another thread. Apparently it allows for faster religious conversion? But if anybody wants to elaborate further I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by Garuda; 27-03-2012 at 10:07.
    'Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick-insect got stuck on a sticky bun' - Capt. E. Blackadder.

He who binds to himself a joy, Does the winged life destroy;
    But he who kisses the joy as it flies, Lives in eternity's sun rise. - William Blake

The Empire needs YOU.. Come and post something nice about my AAR. The House of Habsburg. Victoria Revolutions VIPR01. Winner of the WritAAR of the Week Award 13 January 2008.

Do inheritable claims depend upon the type of marriage?

IE if both father and mother have inheritable claims, will the claims be inherited from both? Or will it be inherited from the father normally only, or the mother only matrilinearly?
    Grandson of Lodbrok's Merchant Republic - A Norse CK2 Republic AAR.

Virgin Resources - A British AAR (Original Vicky AAR idea, no longer developed)

my heir turned to "be a bit queer" again and ive searched all the courts for a suitable wife, spending several gifts to invite only the most intelligent and lustful women of europe, but hes still refusing my offers despite the tooltip saying that i fulfill the requirements.

any ideas?

Heyho,

first excuse my english, i ask here beacause i dont get an answer in german forums. hope you understand my question. i just wanna know how the chance of murder or jail someone gets calculated. i thought the spymaster has something to do with it, or not?

@heinz-fiction: i guess its the state intrigue value you have, which consists of the stats of your ruler and his wife as well as the spymasters

dein gesamt-intrigen wert wird ja von den fertigkeiten deines herrschers als auch von denen seiner frau beeinflusst, dann noch natürlich die deines geheimdienstchefs. vielleicht ist es sogar ein prozentpunkt pro intrigenpunkt, kannst dir also ziemlich genau ausrechnen wie die wahrscheinlichkeit sinkt/steigt

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    You can better your chance of arrests and assassinations by placing your marshall for arrests/spymaster making spy rings in the province the target resides in.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 802 FirstFirst ... 20 45 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 95 120 145 170 ... LastLast