+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 804 FirstFirst ... 2 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 52 77 102 127 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rudders10 View Post
    Another question. One of my dukes rebelled. I crushed his army and he is now imprisoned. What do you normally do here. Banish, revoke title, kill? Actually I just revoked his title as Duke as that would only affect his opinion. However he is still a count, but in prison still. So who runs the county etc while he is in prison?
    I usually revoke a title, and then ransom the prisoner. If he rebels again, he'll be weaker, and I can imprison him again. There will be a regent running the county. You can see it on the county screen, and IIRC also on the prisoner's character screen.

Crusader Kings IIMagicka

Quote Originally Posted by Calbrenar View Post
    The new emperor may bear no relations to the old one. He could even be someone who previously hated you.
    Yes, but for the sake of HRE shouldn't he try to keep conducting the mutual benefits that our alliance had, so long I don't have any history with him I mean.
    Man is still as he was. Is still brutal, violent, aggressive, acquisitive, competitive. And, he's built a society along these lines.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMajesty 2Semper Fi

Because this rather useful thread is sinking down the pages I'll ressurect it with a simple question that doesn't need a new thread. Well it was getting buried when I looked this monring...and I couldn't find it when I looked before adding this post.

Can I change the name of people in existence?

I have a little bit of an awkward situation that I would like to fix. My son has 3 daughters all called Yolanda. They're easy to find but it's just bugging me in an OCD kind of way.

When you press the claim of a courtier, does the newly conquered province become part of my kingdom (with the courtier in charge), or does it become a whole new kingdom, with the guy just friendly towards me?

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by BaptismbyFire View Post
    When you press the claim of a courtier, does the newly conquered province become part of my kingdom (with the courtier in charge), or does it become a whole new kingdom, with the guy just friendly towards me?
    I believe he gets the territory and he likes you. From what I've seen from AAR's the standard practice is to force him to marry one of your children (matrilinealy even) and then it goes to your family

Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Korean View Post
    Yes, but for the sake of HRE shouldn't he try to keep conducting the mutual benefits that our alliance had, so long I don't have any history with him I mean.
    Yep I see your point. I would think they should add some kind of a modifier like loyal vassal of the old king/emperor etc. The problem is that the new guy who takes over may have hated the old guy and then you could get negative modifiers based on that. Would add another interesting layer of complexity

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by BaptismbyFire View Post
    How do you press the claim of a courtier? I thought you could only press claims for yourself or your sons.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Finarfin View Post
    How do you press the claim of a courtier? I thought you could only press claims for yourself or your sons.
    When you DOW, if one of your courtiers has a claim, you can select that as the CB.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Alorand View Post
    Please help!
    So I was getting annoyed by how the river Volga just stops in the middle of nowhere before getting to the Caspian sea, and I noticed that this was because there was a pixel missing in the Crusader Kings II/map/rivers.bmp
    So in my excitement for having found a way to fix the problem myself I just edited the file in MS Paint and added the pixel, and then just hit save.
    I guess I should have made a backup... because now ALL of the rivers on the map disappeared.
    How can I fix this without re-installing?

EDIT: I guess this might be more appropriate for the Tech Support forum...
    I reported this as a bug both in the Demo Bug Reports thread and in the bug-report forum a day or two after release day. Hopefully someone will notice it and fix it.

You make backups to avoid re-installs - short of the Steam solution posted above, there is no way to fix this, except for a reinstall.

Can you use a matrelinear marriage to disinherit your first-born son?

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Jaol View Post
    Can you use a matrelinear marriage to disinherit your first-born son?
    No. He's still your first-born son, and will inherit. But you'll lose the game since his children won't be of your dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    No. He's still your first-born son, and will inherit. But you'll lose the game since his children won't be of your dynasty.
    Ugh. Are there any ways to push him out of line short of assassination? What about imprisonment?

500k club

Ugh. Are there any ways to push him out of line short of assassination? What about imprisonment?
    Make him a bishop.

Crusader Kings IIMagicka

Quote Originally Posted by Calbrenar View Post
    Yep I see your point. I would think they should add some kind of a modifier like loyal vassal of the old king/emperor etc. The problem is that the new guy who takes over may have hated the old guy and then you could get negative modifiers based on that. Would add another interesting layer of complexity
    It's quite common, at least in the pre-medieval China (Qin dynasties) that you slaughtered the whole family of the former reagent plus their bureaucrats in order to "clean the house", so I'm all for having some history with a realm even if it means negative opinion when the new heir comes of age (you can just assassinate him before he claims the throne). Thou I think HRE uses an elective system, but still it feels odd that they disregards a former ally that have been doing their dirtywork.
    Man is still as he was. Is still brutal, violent, aggressive, acquisitive, competitive. And, he's built a society along these lines.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Make him a bishop.
    That doesn't seem to be allowed on my heir. Is there a way around it?

500k club

That doesn't seem to be allowed on my heir. Is there a way around it?
    You should still be able to "grant landed title" on him and give him a bishopric, if you hold one. If you're not willing to revoke a bishop's title to get it, just kill your heir.

You should still be able to "grant landed title" on him and give him a bishopric, if you hold one. If you're not willing to revoke a bishop's title to get it, just kill your heir.
    I'm pretty sure you get a specific message that says "you cannot disinherit your heir by making him a bishop" You get the same message sometimes on additional heirs depending on your succession laws. For example with one duke I was able to disinherit my third son but not my first or second.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Hey guys! I managed to misspell my sons name. The little Alan brat was to be named Yasynya, but the middle "Y" disappeared. Is there some way I can rename him, either in game or by editing the files? I'd like him to be Yasynya III and not Yasnya I. =) Thanks!
    ...A flower of iron, a flower of death, beautiful, unbendable and deadly.

So first you announce Crusader Kings 2, then a game with Crusader Kings elements set in feudal Japan. Why not just go the whole hog and give away a rock of Paradox brand crack with every pre order?
    -Philios82

Quote Originally Posted by Järnblomma View Post
    Hey guys! I managed to misspell my sons name. The little Alan brat was to be named Yasynya, but the middle "Y" disappeared. Is there some way I can rename him, either in game or by editing the files? I'd like him to be Yasynya III and not Yasnya I. =) Thanks!
    Open the savegame file in notepad, and do a search. Since it's a misspelling, he should be the only one.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Open the savegame file in notepad, and do a search. Since it's a misspelling, he should be the only one.
    I can't for the life of me find the savefolder. Am I blind?
    ...A flower of iron, a flower of death, beautiful, unbendable and deadly.

So first you announce Crusader Kings 2, then a game with Crusader Kings elements set in feudal Japan. Why not just go the whole hog and give away a rock of Paradox brand crack with every pre order?
    -Philios82

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 804 FirstFirst ... 2 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 52 77 102 127 ... LastLast