+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 821 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 61 86 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

EU3 CompleteMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Court Chaplain + Inquisition.

Can I put my Court Chaplain on a regular vassal county of mine with the Inquisition mission, and he'll find maybe accuse the Earl of that county being a heretic, giving me a reason to revoke his title?

Or does that not work that way?

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

@EMC2Trooper : The courtier probably has a claim on a title somewhere. His current liege is unable to press this claim for some reason, that's why he's eager to move to a new court. (which hopefully WILL be able to press his claim)

Question of my own :

How do I change the culture of a character ? I've read something about assigning a tutor, but I'm not sure what to do exactly.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Lessing View Post
    Can I put my Court Chaplain on a regular vassal county of mine with the Inquisition mission, and he'll find maybe accuse the Earl of that county being a heretic, giving me a reason to revoke his title?

Or does that not work that way?
    I suppose you could. It may take a very long time though.

Quote Originally Posted by postm00v View Post
    How do I change the culture of a character ? I've read something about assigning a tutor, but I'm not sure what to do exactly.
    Find someone of the desired culture. They're unlikely to accept if they're not in your court. Then go to their diplomatic menu, select "Educate Child", select the child in question, then send. The child will then be tutored by the person in question until either of them die, or the child hits sixteen.

It's quite likely that an event will fire for the child, which changes either their culture or religion to that of the tutor.

Quote Originally Posted by zkajo View Post
    Hello, I've got a question. I'm playing as Poland and I can now create the Kingdom of Lithuania as a title. Is it worth doing? What will happen if I do create it? Will I rule both kingdoms and will my heir inherit it under gravelkind succession? I really have no idea how this stuff works :L

Thanks for help!
    You get lots of prestige for creating a kingdom. You will rule both kingdoms until you die, whereupon if you have two eligible heirs (two+ sons, or no sons and two+ daughters) the second son will inherit one and the eldest the other and it will pass from your direct control.

The best way to stop this is to murder your heirs until there is only one left

It's quite difficult to manage, as Lithuanian dukes will desire the kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by postm00v View Post
    Question of my own :

Thanks for the reply.

And to answer this, if you assign a tutor with a different culture/religion, there's a chance of the child adopting one or either.

EDIT: New question. Is there a restriction on what genders can be assigned to certain council positions?

Ask how many Divisions I have! InnocentIII's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Guston View Post
    Thanks InnocentIII. Conveniently Ive just won a crusade and accomplished the life goal of becoming holy so im swimming in piety. The money will take a while though. Will becoming King do anything besides allowing me to take the rest of Ireland?
    Actually, unlike Dukes, who get a claim on the rest of their duchy, Kings get no extra claims. The higher title gets you +1 to stewardship, easier to get good marriages, bigger penalty for low end marriages. basically being King is just cooler. Careful taking another King title, it's a chore. If you had gavelkind then a King title keeps your dukedoms from splitting your holdings. Not such a problem in Ireland though, but for Burgundy it helps alot.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC2Trooper View Post
    Is there a restriction on what genders can be assigned to certain council positions?
    Women can only be spymasters, and then only if they are the spouse or the mother of the title-holder, i.e. you.
    I follow Paradox on Twitter and have Johan's photo on my phone for Twitter messages. I also follow the Pope. When the Pontiff tweets, I see the picture and lately I wonder "yes, but is Johan speaking ex cathedra?"
    Check out my Vicky2 AAR: Last Tango in 1.3 - An Argentine AAR Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2 2011 (Round 3) - Completed
    Five for Fighting - A Canadian HoI3 AAR WritAAR of the Week (December 11th - December 18th, 2011) AAR Showcase Week of 6/17/12 - Completed

Thanks again InnocentIII. Yeah i became king an hour or so ago and noticed that i still need claims to take the rest of Ireland. On the plus side i seem to be able to make the rest of the Irish dukes my vassals diplomatically now. The thing I really need now is some help poaching good counselors from neighboring lands. I tried giving them gifts but they never seem to want to come to my court and i dont have any eligible princesses to marry them into my kingdom.

What kind of education do you guys give your king? Stewardship training?

When you invite someone to your court as a duke with a claim on another duchy, and then win the war to install them, do they become vassals or just allies?

Help!

I cant find how to create title (Kingdom of Bohemia). When I started game, there was icon that two titles can be created (one was Kingdom of Bohemia). I didnt met requirements, of course. But now, I cant find in "Realm" tab again this possibility - because I dont remember exact number of piety. Or it will pop again ehwn I meet requirements? Or...?

Thanks for help

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Stuka View Post
    When you invite someone to your court as a duke with a claim on another duchy, and then win the war to install them, do they become vassals or just allies?
    I think neither.
    "Slan's Special Award in Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest For The Best AAR Style"
    Crusader Kings II: How to Rule videos -ALL 13 PARTS ARE FULLY UPLOADED ENJOY-
    The Livestream Channel itself

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrik_Decado View Post
    Help!

I cant find how to create title (Kingdom of Bohemia). When I started game, there was icon that two titles can be created (one was Kingdom of Bohemia). I didnt met requirements, of course. But now, I cant find in "Realm" tab again this possibility - because I dont remember exact number of piety. Or it will pop again ehwn I meet requirements? Or...?

Thanks for help
    Click on a province which is de jure part of Bohemia. Then find the title in the province menu.
    "Slan's Special Award in Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest For The Best AAR Style"
    Crusader Kings II: How to Rule videos -ALL 13 PARTS ARE FULLY UPLOADED ENJOY-
    The Livestream Channel itself

Thank you! Wow, thats very difficult to find, you saved my future kingdom)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Stuka View Post
    They will be independent unless you would be their de jure liege or they are a part of your dynasty. The last part you can engineer, invite someone with an inheritable claim that doesn't have a spouse and then (matrilineal) marry them to someone of your line so that the heir of your dynasty eventually gets the claim.

Hi all, first time poster on these forums and have been playing for a week now. Question: I can send my dynasty children to be tutored elsewhere given a positive enough relation, but I cannot offer to educate someone elses child due to it always having a -5 modifier for "hostage in a foreign power". I've tried improving the childs lords rating of me with no results; I've sent one of my children to be educated to the very same count prior to asking to educate his courtier with no results. Swore fealty to the same overlord as the count and asked again, same thing. All of the parties have the same culture. What am I missing here?

edit: assasinated the current guardian prior to asking, no result.
    Last edited by alrek; 19-02-2012 at 20:49.

Ask how many Divisions I have! InnocentIII's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    I vaguely remember a file called "userdir.txt" in the main folder.
    That worked, thanks!

They ought to have "where are my saves" and "how do I change it to normal" in a FAQ.
    I follow Paradox on Twitter and have Johan's photo on my phone for Twitter messages. I also follow the Pope. When the Pontiff tweets, I see the picture and lately I wonder "yes, but is Johan speaking ex cathedra?"
    Check out my Vicky2 AAR: Last Tango in 1.3 - An Argentine AAR Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2 2011 (Round 3) - Completed
    Five for Fighting - A Canadian HoI3 AAR WritAAR of the Week (December 11th - December 18th, 2011) AAR Showcase Week of 6/17/12 - Completed

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Got a quick question: Just played around with Bohemia and created the kingdom of Bohemia. Shouldn't I get new laws like changing crown authority for my vasals?

Two Questions:

1)
    I am earl, independent and at war. I want to set my leaders of my troops. But i canīt. Why? I remember, last game it works for me.. but i was a king. Only kings can do this?

2)
    Menu character (last menu at the right) - here u can see all characters... but when i set "empire" or "vassals", i didnīt see my chancellor for example (one mayor doesnīt appear too). Why did he not appear there?

thx!
    Last edited by sossenbinder; 19-02-2012 at 21:40.

Just got an opportunity to play yesterday, fired up as Emperor Baldwin I of the Latin Empire. For some reason it starts as Semi-Agnatic gavelkind. This means that Baldwin's daughter inherits. I presume this is done so that Flanders can be kept as Baldwin's (via his daughter) but it really messes things up. In reality, Baldwin's brother Henry inherited (he had no sons).

How can I alter the files so that the Empire starts with Primogeniture? I wouldn't mind just editing a save instead of the history files if that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Form View Post
    Just got an opportunity to play yesterday, fired up as Emperor Baldwin I of the Latin Empire. For some reason it starts as Semi-Agnatic gavelkind. This means that Baldwin's daughter inherits. I presume this is done so that Flanders can be kept as Baldwin's (via his daughter) but it really messes things up. In reality, Baldwin's brother Henry inherited (he had no sons).

How can I alter the files so that the Empire starts with Primogeniture? I wouldn't mind just editing a save instead of the history files if that's possible.
    Henry inherited the Latin Empire, Flanders was inherited by his Baldwin's daughter Jeanne. The game seems to be respresenting the actual situation just fine, no? Latin Empire to the brother and Flanders to the daughter in history, Latin Empire to the brother and Flanders to the daughter in the game.

Question, there is a plot to kill one of my vassal's wife and only heir. Why? As far as i see no one stands to gain anything from it. Do i stop it or let it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by sossenbinder View Post
    Two Questions:

1)
    I am earl, independent and at war. I want to set my leaders of my troops. But i canīt. Why? I remember, last game it works for me.. but i was a king. Only kings can do this?
    You need a level of crown authority to do that. As you are an earl, your crown authority is determined by your de jure kingdom. You will have to wait for someone to become king and set crown authority to "low" or higher in order to change the leaders of your armies.

The rationale here being that whenever the nobles are free to do so, they'll let custom, personal pride and rivalry be a factor in who leads which part of the army. At higher crown authority you will be able to appoint commanders for the good of the realm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 821 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 61 86 111 ... LastLast