+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 766 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

I figured that this would be a good idea for this subforum, as the game is new and I'm sure many of us noobs have a lot of questions.

- Does the County Capital count as a holding or is it the governing seat situated within an existing holding? For instance, I'm playing as The King of Denmark, and Jylland's County Capital is Viborg, not listed among my holdings but has the exact same statistics as The Barony of Horsens. If they share the same structure then why are they both counted as individual holdings?
    "A man does not have himself killed for a half pence a day, or for a petty distinction. You must speak to the soul in order to electrify him."

~Napoleon Bonaparte~

every castle, church or town is counted as a holding.

So if you have a county with 3 castles in it YOU control, thats 3 holdings.

If you have a county with a castle and 2 towns, and YOU control the castle with vassals (barons) have the towns, thats 1 holding

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I take it this is open for general questions.

How do I dispose/replace mayors or titleholders of defeated foes? I'm playing as Aragon and I'd rather not have rebellious moors acting as my vassals or courtiers once I've conquered them.
    Sometimes life, it moves too slow
    Slows to a crawl, and all the poetry is lost

Is there any naval combat in this game? I tried to sink a much smaller heathen navy who was trying to land troops on Crete, but it seemed like my ships couldn't attack them. Am I missing something, or is there a reason this is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Yrsnö View Post
    I take it this is open for general questions.

How do I dispose/replace mayors or titleholders of defeated foes? I'm playing as Aragon and I'd rather not have rebellious moors acting as my vassals or courtiers once I've conquered them.
    You can revoke titles diplomaticaly, though it will cost you in terms of that person's disposition twards you. Or you could have them imprisioned or assasanated if you you realy want. You can also trade thier vasalship to another lord; not sure if the person reciving them has to by your overlord or not though.

Major

How do I claim titles? I can't find it on province owners' diplomacy pages.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ok, I had hoped there would be another solution for disposing heathens. It bothers me that my "real" vassals will be negative affected towards me for disposing a "heathen". We're sworn enemies by religion after all.

EDIT: Thanks TRohrich & CirMag.
    Last edited by Yrsnö; 17-02-2012 at 17:52.
    Sometimes life, it moves too slow
    Slows to a crawl, and all the poetry is lost

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Laexio View Post
    How do I claim titles? I can't find it on province owners' diplomacy pages.
    Use the chancellor on counties you don´t own; takes time but he will make the claim eventually. Be wary, however - if he is a count and has a duke as a liege then you will have to fight his liege too.

If you create a duchy, then you can "free" declare war to get any county that makes part of that duchy that you still don´t have.

Major

How do I use prestige to claim a title, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Game Manual
    claim title – If you don’t have a valid casus belli, one quick way to get it
    is to lay claim to one of your potential enemy’s titles. You can do that by
    clicking here. Claiming a title costs you some Prestige, though the amount
    varies depending on the nature of the title.

you use your chancellor to create a claim title

or for example if you own half a duchy, and the enemy half, you can usurp their title and claim it.
    You i believe can also invade and force them to be your vassels if you own the duchy title and they are in the duchy region

you can invite claimaints, other NPCs with a claim on titles, if you pick the leader of the enemy, hit declare war you will see a list of options and claimants who will come to you.

You were a duke with 2 counties and 2 sons. You died.

You are now the first born son as a duke and 1 county. Your brother also got a county.

Brother declares war on you, takes your duke and count title.

What happens now? Game over? Play in jail? Become the brother?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakalak View Post
    Is there any naval combat in this game? I tried to sink a much smaller heathen navy who was trying to land troops on Crete, but it seemed like my ships couldn't attack them. Am I missing something, or is there a reason this is happening?
    There is no naval combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Yrsnö View Post
    Ok, I had hoped there would be another solution for disposing heathens. It bothers me that my "real" vassals will be negative affected towards me for disposing a "heathen". We're sworn enemies by religion after all.
    If you raise crown authority high enough, infidel titles can be revoked for free. Also if a lord rebels he will be marked with a traitor flag, allowing you to revoke one title for free.
    Let's try the pointy explody thing.
    Missiles, they're called missiles.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

how long does the tyrant -60 modifier last?

Quote Originally Posted by Communazi View Post
    how long does the tyrant -60 modifier last?
    opinion_tyrant = {
    opinion = -10
    months = 120
    }

# Given when a character revokes a title held by someone else
    opinion_revoked_my_title = {
    opinion = -80
    months = 1200
    }

# Given to vassals of a liege who revokes the title of another vassal
    opinion_revoked_a_title = {
    opinion = -20
    months = 60
    }

So tyranny is 10 years, revoking a title is 5 for those that didn't have the title, and 100 years for the one that did.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

interesting..

is it possible I banished someone, and the effect of -20 was cumulative to 3 titles I took in the process? whenever I banish or revoke, it never seems consistent with the penalty description.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

1)how do you keep other relatives, siblings from getting claims on your king's demesnes? The heir ends up with less counties than the siblings.
    2)how do you actually execute the DeJure claims? When i go to the window and click nothing happens except the shields change but I don't see any other changes.

What are my powers as regent in a country? My ruler just became Regent over the HRE and wanted to know if there was anyway I could use this to my advantage, Thanks in advance.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Myndpyre View Post
    You were a duke with 2 counties and 2 sons. You died.

You are now the first born son as a duke and 1 county. Your brother also got a county.

Brother declares war on you, takes your duke and count title.

What happens now? Game over? Play in jail? Become the brother?
    The game ends when you lose your last holding OR die without heirs. So I would imagine that this situation would end your game. You may still have heirs, possibly this back-stabbing brother, but since you lost your last holding, you are done.

Question:

Holding a ducal title but having de iure counties comprising that duchy outside of its control is a valid Casus Belli. Why doesn't it work that way for de iure Kingdoms?
    Nationality: Yankee
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Conservative
    Issues: Moralism / Laissez Faire
    Cash Reserves: $0.00
    Revolt Risk: 0.00%

Militancy: 2 (+0.07)
    Conciousness: 8 (+0.10)

Quote Originally Posted by newtype0083 View Post
    The game ends when you lose your last holding OR die without heirs. So I would imagine that this situation would end your game. You may still have heirs, possibly this back-stabbing brother, but since you lost your last holding, you are done.

Question:

Holding a ducal title but having de iure counties comprising that duchy outside of its control is a valid Casus Belli. Why doesn't it work that way for de iure Kingdoms?
    It would be too powerful most likely. Being de jure king does remove a minus to peaceful vassalization, lowers revolt risk by 15% and means supporting a claimant can bring the title under you. So it still has lots of good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragassa View Post
    1)how do you keep other relatives, siblings from getting claims on your king's demesnes? The heir ends up with less counties than the siblings.
    2)how do you actually execute the DeJure claims? When i go to the window and click nothing happens except the shields change but I don't see any other changes.
    De jure duchy claims gives you a cause for war. Go to the diplo screen of the holder of the title, or liege, depending, and declare war. When choosing what CB to use, use the ducal claim option.

Quote Originally Posted by BRabbit777 View Post
    What are my powers as regent in a country? My ruler just became Regent over the HRE and wanted to know if there was anyway I could use this to my advantage, Thanks in advance.
    Nothing, there might be some events that can trigger, but nothing direct that you can do that I know of.

Just a question about military:

In my games in almost every case the side won the battle which had more troops. The composition of the army didnt matter.
    This is for me a very strange behavior of medieval fighting.

Especially bigger armies with not so good heavy fighting units should have more losses and should not win against an army without much light inf, archers and light cav, but usually only the amount of men decides the battle. If this is right it would make for me no sense to build the barracks for the hvy inf and I would more of the buildings of the "cannonfodder" units like light inf.

What do you say?
    "By God's blood, thy father slew mine, and so will I do thee and all thy kin."
    The Lancastrian Lord Clifford, on the slaying of Yorkist Edmund, Earl of Rutland, during the Battle of Wakefield, 30 December 1460.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 766 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast