• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Supay

Linux
117 Badges
Jan 31, 2011
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
I own a number of Paradox games as I love them. However, Cities in Motion is not one of them.

Unfortunately, my brother has purchased this game but he cannot get it to work at all and it crashes all the time when he starts it up. He's given me some information but as I do not live with him I cannot see the problem directly at his end for myself and as I do not own the game I cannot read through the Tech Support forum and see if I can spot something similar reported by others and help him out.

He can get by with a lot of computer stuff, but he's not that great at solving actual software or hardware errors and would struggle to work through the forum himself, so I was hoping to do it for him. The only way I can see to help him out is to use his forum login to get access, but seeing as that's probably a breach of the user agreement, not the ideal solution for us.

Anyone able to give any advice please, as seems a bit of a pain to have to leave him hanging till I can go visit him and take a look myself and use his login at his house? Any reason why Paradox prevent non-owners of the game having access to the subforum?

Any reason why Paradox prevent non-owners of the game having access to the subforum?

Yes, they can prevent getting help of those who didn't buy the game, and have no original copy of the game. They won't fill the forum with stupid questions about the game which may have a buggy crack causing errors.

So U just have to use his account, or register the game for yourself. And I think in this case using his account won't break the rules...