+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Holder is of wrong Holding Type"

"Holder is of wrong Holding Type"

I have a couple notifications of "Holder is of wrong Holding Type", what does that mean?

I conquered England as Normandy and am in the process of granting English counties to some of my courtiers, but I see this prop up for a bunch of holdings in England.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

My understanding is that it means that the ruler's title does not correspond to the title of the holding.
    Eg: Only Bishops can rule Churches, if you grant ownership of a Church to a Mayor, it's the wrong holding.
    1 Clerk
    Nationality: Australian
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Social Liberalism
    Issues: Interventionism/Secularism
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: Low
    Revolt Risk: .02%
    Militancy: 0.5 (+.005)
    Conciousness: 26

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    I believe you can solve it by creating a new vassal. Doing so certainly makes the popup go away.
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

You as a feudal ruler can only rule properly over castles.
    The wrong holding penalty therefore comes up when you are directly in charge of a city or church.

The easiest way to deal with this is creating new random vassals for all the cities and churches you have conquered. To do this right click the barony in question and "create vassal".
    You can of course grant the baronies via diplomacy to existing bishops and mayors.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

Be careful, there's a bug. If you give your heir, for instance, a mayorship or lord-mayorship, he'll turn into a burgher, and when he inherits your realm it will break the game. All your titles will become open elective, as well as anything he takes himself while ruling, thus banning your own dynasty from inheriting and giving it to random courtiers. Oddly, it doesn't appear to end the game, so you'll play as these random, non-dynasty courtiers.
    d
    Ruined my Munster game. I only fixed it by forming the Kingdom of Ireland before my he dies, thus turning everything to gavelkind and putting my dynasty back in.

It was kind of funny having an Irish duke with the title 'Doge', though!

Cool, thanks! That helps a lot.

I have a problem with this since I created a second city in Connacht. Anchory never shows up in the titles. Right clicking on it the button for the city is greyed out, and it says I can only create baronies in owned, minor baronies. Issue is I do own Anchory, its just always been part of the titles passed from ruler to ruler because I've never been able to actually create a lord mayor of it. I think it might be a bug.

Crusader Kings IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

I have that in the Republic DLC, approx. since I've changed the main crown from Republic of Genoa to Republic of Anatolia (I've gained a lot of land there during a crusade).
    The cashflow is okey and my candidate for the next elections could be seen to the right (though his score is as if zero).
    And no, changing back to Genoa as primary crown didn't help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-09_224258.png
Views:	221
Size:	706.0 KB
ID:	73429
    Last edited by udxassag; 09-02-2013 at 20:47.

+ Reply to Thread