• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Germans in Jutland.
bleedingeyes.gif

???

Jylland is 76% Danish despite me taking it in '38 and choosing all the Kill Danes and + Assimilation choices.

danes.jpg

???

Jylland is 76% Danish despite me taking it in '38 and choosing all the Kill Danes and + Assimilation choices.

View attachment 47525
That's still quite a lot of Germans. And look at Aarhus and Esbjerg, it's a lot more there. And these are 100% Danish areas. Even in Slesvig, with a mixed population since before the V2 era, the Germans IRL didn't manage to seriously disrupt the balance over half a century of oppression and a world war.

Well this is my current game:
View attachment 47523

Oi, that map is all wrong. Scania isn't Swedish even by a little bit. And that is today!. :p

That's still quite a lot of Germans. And look at Aarhus and Esbjerg, it's a lot more there. And these are 100% Danish areas. Even in Slesvig, with a mixed population since before the V2 era, the Germans IRL didn't manage to seriously disrupt the balance over half a century of oppression and a world war.

But did they actively settle Germans there and kill the Danes? Besides, oppression never works when attempting to assimilate stuff so that statistic is still a bit erroneous.

I notcied the same thing when i freed israel as scandinavia. there were just no movement of Jewish pops at all in to their new homeland wich struck me as a bit weird. Also the freed isreal became a primitive nation and stayed as such through out the game.
A decision for either isreal it self or its sphere master to make jewish pop groups move in to Isreal and to boost their RP might be something to consider.

Esbjerg: Total population - 16.56k. Danes are 60.5% So about 6.5k Germans have moved there (mostly farmers to work in the RGO).
Aarhus: Total population - 42k North Germans are 13.6% = ~5.7k Germans have moved there. About half craftsmen and half farmers to fill the open RGO and factory.

So no, it's not very many Germans at all. It's just low pop areas meaning a few migrants can have a large % impact.

Esbjerg: Total population - 16.56k. Danes are 60.5% So about 6.5k Germans have moved there (mostly farmers to work in the RGO).
Aarhus: Total population - 42k North Germans are 13.6% = ~5.7k Germans have moved there. About half craftsmen and half farmers to fill the open RGO and factory.

So no, it's not very many Germans at all. It's just low pop areas meaning a few migrants can have a large % impact.
Hmm, thought Aarhus was striped, guess not. Still, those percentages are far too large. They should realistically be around 5-10% or less.

Why? There are empty factories and RGOs, so why should my pops not migrate there to find work? Do you have any logical reason or is this just a "Germans should never move to Jutland even though Germany owns it and there are jobs availible, just because!" thing?

Why? There are empty factories and RGOs, so why should my pops not migrate there to find work? Do you have any logical reason or is this just a "Germans should never move to Jutland even though Germany owns it and there are jobs availible, just because!" thing?

How do you like my "each province/state should have one/several 'native' cultures that won't assimilate (unless that is actively pursued by government)" idea?

What we have added is:
Code:
modifier = {
    	factor = -20
		has_culture_core = yes
	}

So pretty much pops in their own cores don't assimilate.

It's unrealistic. It's not what happened in Northern Schleswig. Nor did it happen much elsewhere - worker/farmer migration was much more limited IRL than you seem to believe, especially within Europe.

I think the PDM sort of fixed the issue with the lack of Jews in Israel. Ive played several games with PDM and ive released them a couple of times, and they were able to make decent size armies, construct factories and whatnot. Keeping them as a vassal, made it so the Ottomans didnt conquer them right away. I noticed in PDM though that the native population will revolt alot and try to form Palestine in PDM, since that land has that core added as well in the mod. But nothing like a few armies stationed there can keep Israel the way it is.
Overall however, they are pretty useless in Vanilla. Its like a "for lolz" country, since its almost pointless to form them or to play as them.

It's unrealistic. It's not what happened in Northern Schleswig. Nor did it happen much elsewhere - worker/farmer migration was much more limited IRL than you seem to believe, especially within Europe.

... 11 thousand people moving in the space of 38 years is not exactly a drastic mass-migration. Consider that 70,000 people moved to Manchester between 1841 and 1851 alone. If Jylland has been industrialized, then there is no good reason for Germans not to go there in far, far, far greater numbers than have done in Dark's game. Worker/farmer migration was much more prevailant IRL than you seem to believe, particularly toward industrial areas :p

Getting back to the original topic...

Even if Israel didn't exist during the time frame of this game, Zionism certainly did, and, with it, massive Jewish immigration to Palestine. The First Zionist Congress was held in 1897, and there were several waves of immigration before and after: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Zionism. So Zionist events moving POPs (or, at least, increasing Jewish migration) should be in the game.

Getting back to the original topic...

Even if Israel didn't exist during the time frame of this game, Zionism certainly did, and, with it, massive Jewish immigration to Palestine. The First Zionist Congress was held in 1897, and there were several waves of immigration before and after: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Zionism. So Zionist events moving POPs (or, at least, increasing Jewish migration) should be in the game.

Some Zionist events would make sense, yeah. As would a small modifier on the migration tables to encourage Jewish POPs to head for Israeli cores. But tbh, I think that there's bigger problems with migration presently than the lack of Jewish interest in a nation that potentially won't exist in the game.

... 11 thousand people moving in the space of 38 years is not exactly a drastic mass-migration. Consider that 70,000 people moved to Manchester between 1841 and 1851 alone. If Jylland has been industrialized, then there is no good reason for Germans not to go there in far, far, far greater numbers than have done in Dark's game. Worker/farmer migration was much more prevailant IRL than you seem to believe, particularly toward industrial areas :p
You're forgetting that those are just the adult males. Also, this kind of thing didn't happen historically. English people moving from the English countryside to an English city is something else entirely. Increasing urbanisation was very common, ethnic migrations within Europe were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.