• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When I think of Edward I I, too, think of a terrible Mel Gibson movie (lol tautology) that's as historically accurate as Lord of The Rings!

whatchewtalkinbout willis? That was an excellent historial movie. ;) How about that claymore sword he used eh? Best movie I ever saw of those times. Great bloody combat scenes. FREEDOM!

Oh I meant to answer the OP's question: When looking through the files I saw a Longshanks sir name so I suppose he's in the game at some point.

Really? That's strange, I wonder why not?

From the date you start to play history is thrown out of the window, effectively any action you make that is not 100% historical would present ahistorical results, then you have the AI's decisions etc.

whatchewtalkinbout willis? That was an excellent historial movie. ;) How about that claymore sword he used eh? Best movie I ever saw of those times. Great bloody combat scenes. FREEDOM!

Oh I meant to answer the OP's question: When looking through the files I saw a Longshanks sir name so I suppose he's in the game at some point.

The movie isn't even historically accurate, Sure it was awesome and all.. just.. yeah.

So many people on this forum seem to confuse movies with history books. Its a story made up for entertainment, it draws inspiration from real life events and characters, so does Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. Its a movie. Complaining that Braveheart isn't historically accurate is like complaining that your turkey sandwich isn't historically accurate.

Well, if you thought Braveheart was bad in it slant on William Wallace, then I think what was even worse as an historical movie was Ridley Scotts Robin Hood. Euughh...the invasion barges at the end .. just .. just .. well, it was a Medieval DDay Saving Private Ryan scene. Awful.