• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
God damb!!! Its beautiful *_*

Just take my money *_*

The elite units and the 'nerve of war' feature looks good but to be honest whether this rises to the same level as DIG is going to depend on the German, Italian, and Japanese AI. DIG benefited immensely from the fact that the player was the primary aggressor all the way through the mod. Stars and Stripes is not going to have that luxury.

I'd be far more impressed to see a developer diary showing examples like the Italians (with German support) actually doing a decent job of contesting N. Africa such that an American Invasion coming in from the West actually serves a purpose. Currently, 9 times out of 10 the British have either finished or are on the verge of finishing the N. African campaign by the Day of Infamy event.

Or seeing the Japanese actually threatening Australia. Or actually being able to defend their home islands. If I can still blitz across the Pacific with only a handful of marine divisions, land in the home islands, and have them conquered by the summer of 1942 I'm going to be disappointed.

I'd also love to hear what's being done to ensure that the German/Soviet balance is adequate. Most of my FTM games the Germans will take Leningrad, will get stopped a hundred or so miles from Moscow, and Stalingrad might as well be on the moon. By 1943 the Reds will be pushing through Eastern Europe and by 1944 the war is over. When I've played as the USA in FTM I almost always have to launch preliminary invasions in the spring of 1942 and win the war in 1943 else central Europe will wind up controlled by the SU. Going through the motions of building a huge military-industrial complex is a lot less appealing if the crucial battles all come down to the relatively modest number of divisions which were created in the run up to the war.

Also on that note I'd love to hear if there's anything being done about the wargoals and or a mechanism for putting countries back together again. Unlike in DIG where the end goal was simply to paint the map grey the victory condition for the US in Stars and Stripes needs to be a liberated Europe being run by governments which recognize the de facto American leadership of the Western bloc. A refined wargoal and event system that would allow for those kind of outcomes would be very welcome.

Last edited:
The elite units and the 'nerve of war' feature looks good but to be honest whether this rises to the same level as DIG is going to depend on the German, Italian, and Japanese AI. DIG benefited immensely from the fact that the player was the primary aggressor all the way through the mod. Stars and Stripes is not going to have that luxury.

You bring up some good points (especially about the Italians in North Africa). I was planning on giving Italy some difficulty bonuses (using the new AI difficulty settings) to help them pose a threat. The same could be done with Japan.

He should be able to use it.
As it is a mod an uses the Mod-Dir it should work.

I would recommend to make a backup of the STEAM-HOI3 folder and use that copy for the GG-Dl of DI:S&S.
Problem coud be that the DL manager of GG does not recognize the STEAM HOi3 installation because some reg-keys are not set properly by the STEAM-software.. Some people had such problems with DI:G in the past. But I don't know if that is common for all STEAM-users..

So no need to wait for STEAM, but some things to do yourself..

Cheers,
Chromos

My thought too, I would imagine that the GG installer would say no installation of HoI3 found, if it the main game is via Steam. Not sure though. I don't know if it will be on Steam, but I would guess it will, as DI:G is. :)

It's available for download now at GG.

I couldn't help but notice that the map looks like it might be the PI map instead of the CMP map. Which map does DI:S&S use?

Last edited:
You can play it with Steam just fine because it is a mod, so it doesn't change the base game thus Steam won't have any problems patching either (at least AFAIK). However, I don't know if the INSTALLER requires you to have a regular HOI3 version :( If not, you can either add it to the registry yourself if you have some knowledge of that

Devildread, you managed to do the incredible: I stopped playing Crusader Kings II. You better hope it's worth it ;)

I do have the hoi 3 game and expansions with steam and bought stars and stripes with gamergate. Just download the installer and install it on a new folder on desktop. Then you just copy and paste it to the hoi 3 mod directory.

My first playthrough, I used the specific difficulty modifiers and gave Japan High Difficulty... maybe I shouldn't have done it: this is what happened, it is end of 1940 now:
Difficulty is Hard.
First of all, Japan defeated China by mid-1938 (!). But I have nothing against a bit more difficult game, however I was almost shocked that there is not a single decision/event associated with Japan vs. National China?!? There was no event for outbreak, none for the defeat of China, nothing. I couldn't do ANYTHING to help the poor Chinese... Lend-Lease was not possible for a long time.
Secondly, and much worse, this is the situation in Europe since 6 (!) months - there wasn't any Major change, at most 5 provinces might have changed ownership, I didn't keep track of it so much: http://h11.abload.de/img/hoi3game2012-02-2016-tukh3.png
Look at the date. Norway was defeated just 2 days before. Can I expect Germany to actually defeat France after this? And even more importantly, if they can't defeat BeNeLux+France, how will they have any chance against Comintern?

Apart from this, and I'm sure all this will be balanced by future patches, the DLC is great, especially for 2 $ you can't really complain.

As I said I shouldn't have made them very hard propably :D But the main thing here that worries me is the German progress through the BeNeLux. If the Allies don't need me to defeat Germany I feel kinda useless.