• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Preordered also. A nice surprise, 1.99 €. I was thinking to wait a drop of price (it's not appealing for me like Gotterdammerung or an hypothetical Soviet one), but it has it from the beggining ;)

I'm getting the feeling that this DLC will be released very soon. From the screenshots and Devildread's comments, it looks/sounds like most everything is in place; further, there are only two more features left to cover in the dev diaries!
According to GG it will be released next Monday (Feb. 20th).

I just preordered it - $1.99 is extremely low (I would have expected something around $10 - but I won't complain ;) )

Furthermore, I guess that the release date (Feb. 20th) is wrong.

I look forward to this, but I am a little surprised that you have choosen operation Coronet as Battlescenario - IMHO very difficult to realize.

I think that the planned start date of March 1946 would not have happened.

- Olympic was planned for November 1st, 1945. The operation would have been delayed due to a very ugly typhoon (http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq102-6.htm)
This would surely have delayed the start of Operation Olympic, thereby probably delaying Coronet, too.

- Japan concentrated far more forces on Kyushu then the allies expected. The fighting on Kyuhu would most likely have taken longer then planned, delaying Operation Coronet. (I am aware that the allied land forces on Kyushu were not expected to take part in Coronet, but still.....all the air and naval units that would suffer great attrition....)

And lots of questions.

Regarding Coronet:
- You wrote about 184 starting brigades. Will there be a suicide event when the Japanese mobilize their home militia units? Millions of men and women, forming many hundreds militia or partisan units?
- What about the atomic bomb? Will the US receive 0.something bombs/months or will there be a bomb every week?
- What about other allied units? Will they be there under the player's control? (However, there were so few non-US units, that this might be ignored - not worth the effort)

The Doolittle bomber unit - will it be expendable like a rocket/flying bomb (The bombers would not be able to land on a carrier)? Or, will they take heavy losses each time and being rebuilt (to represent that many pilots survived and went back via China/USSR)?

What about the US submarine force? Will the Mark-14 desaster be represented via events? Or will it be represented by giving the US a very low torpedo tech in 1936, so that the player can research fine torpedos by 1941?

What if Roosevelt loses the elections in 36 or 40? How will this change the very sophisticated pre-war game system?

Can't wait to play this animal,

Roland

yup, pre-ordered also. can hardly wait for the release. when ever that is.

I'm really looking forward to this one. i've got one question: will it also be sold on steam?
and a follow up: if not, will the GG version be compatible with a steam game?

pre-ordered.

As far as I know you can not.

He should be able to use it.
As it is a mod an uses the Mod-Dir it should work.

I would recommend to make a backup of the STEAM-HOI3 folder and use that copy for the GG-Dl of DI:S&S.
Problem coud be that the DL manager of GG does not recognize the STEAM HOi3 installation because some reg-keys are not set properly by the STEAM-software.. Some people had such problems with DI:G in the past. But I don't know if that is common for all STEAM-users..

So no need to wait for STEAM, but some things to do yourself..

Cheers,
Chromos