+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Patrimonium" — Tuesdays, 19:00 CET

"Patrimonium" — Tuesdays, 19:00 CET

Patrimonium
    Tuesdays, 19:00 CET
    Starting 21st of February

Introduction
    This is a multiplayer succession game, ie. everyone plays a different country each session. Since players are not bound to specific countries, there are no perms and therefore no obligation to attend every session. In fact, you are free to only play when you feel like it, and new players can join in the middle of the campaign. The reasons for trying this campaign are explained in this thread. In summary: more wars, less frustration, more fun. If this sounds even remotely interesting, come check it out. If you don't like it, you can just stop coming.

Even though there is no conventional signup, you should post here if you're interested. This goes doubly so for people who can host.

Country Assignment
    I will start handing out countries to random players about 5 minutes before each session starts, with biggest/most important countries being handed out first. You may decline the country offered to you, but this is only going to get you a smaller country. Writing an AAR will get you a slight increase to the chance of getting a country from the bigger end of the list. Cooping will be allowed if there are more players than reasonable country choices.

The list of playable countries will be formed from the biggest european countries. As countries get better or worse, they get bumped up and down the list. Released/revolted countries will be playable if they are big enough (like colonial revolters). One of the smaller countries may even switch in the middle of the session if a bigger country revolts or gets released.

Rehosts and Starting Time
    Since there are no perms, there's no reason to wait past starting time. Therefore, sessions start at 19:00 CET, as long as there's a host and a moderate number of players present. Rehosts are generally every half an hour (if there is need), though exceptions may be made for countries at war.

Rules
    There's only one rule: don't be a dick. This covers cheating, wrecking your country, abusing game mechanics (war taxes, crusade bonus, HRE mechanics), etc. This is subjectively judged by me, with possible sanctions being a warning, a suspension, or a ban from the campaign, depending on the severity of the dickery committed.

War and Peace
    Since one of the goals of this campaign is more wars and more fun, there are some guidelines about wars.
    1. Keep your demands small. A couple of mainland provinces per war, more if they're overseas. Remember, you're likely not going to be playing as that country very soon. Not creating a monster is in your own best interest.
    2. Keep wars evenly matched. Don't call additional people into an evenly matched war with reasonable demands, and don't backstab someone fighting an evenly matched war.
    3. Do not fight until your last stack is about to be wiped unless you're actually fighting for your life. If their demands are reasonable and they're clearly winning, make peace and get on with it.
    4. Fake wars are discouraged. If you have a core on someone else, either fight for it or take the prestige hit like a man.

Discussion
    As this is an experimental game, most of this stuff is very much open to discussion. The "rules", the war and peace guidelines, and the pool of playable countries especially so.

Mumble
    Mumble is the primary communication channel outside the game. Being there is highly recommended, even if you don't have a microphone.

Address: uk.teamspeak.cc
    Port: 64741
    I could do that with my eyes tied behind my back!

Definitely in. This idea sounds great and might be a better simulation than the conventional "one ruler rules for over 4 centuries" model.

bump for interest, please come everyone I would also encourage you (despite the fact that the gm didnt) to post in this thread if you are interested, so more people are encouraged to come.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Well, i would probably have joined if not that i have silk's campaign at this time.

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I would be interested in this game!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso V View Post
    I would be interested in this game!
    show up tomorrow then!

this makes no sense to me why would anyone want to take a new nation every session

Quote Originally Posted by Uladh88 View Post
    this makes no sense to me why would anyone want to take a new nation every session
    Variety? In traditional campaigns the diplomatic situation often goes stale very quickly. Perma-allies, perma-enemies, cold wars and world wars are not my idea of fun.

Can i join you?

I wont have a microphone for TS, if this is a problem.

Countries I would like to play:

Bavaria
    Bohemia
    Muscowy
    Neapels
    Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Ivnivnius View Post
    Can i join you?
    Of course.

I wont have a microphone for TS, if this is a problem.
    Not a problem, mumble has text chat also.

Countries I would like to play:
    Countries are going to be assigned randomly.

Post an IP once you host.

My connection isn't really sufficient for hosting, which is why I said anyone capable of hosting should post here saying so. I was hoping there would be more people interested, but apparently there isn't.

So is this game happening or not?

We are discussing that in the mumble right now.

I have mumble installed, can someone tell me how to connect?

Go to the Server menu, select Connect, click Add New, input the server info from the first post, then connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Razalhague View Post
    Go to the Server menu, select Connect, click Add New, input the server info from the first post, then connect.
    is there a password or something? It says "The remote host has closed the connection"

No password. Are you sure you put the server info right?

Quote Originally Posted by Razalhague View Post
    No password. Are you sure you put the server info right?
    yes, I put Tornadoli as my username, and copypasted it off the forum.

Try with another username. Other than that, I really have no idea what the problem could be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast