Closed Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Why can't we play Muslims or pagans?

There are FOUR LIGHTS! AllThat4Nothing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Naval War: Arctic CircleMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Paradox doesn't NEED modders. Stop acting entitled. And you're a classic example of the pot calling the kettel black. You got your answer on all accounts. Why do you continue, especially when it's more than just little old me who's calling you out on your BS? Grow up already. People tell me to stop feeding you (in PMs) but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not simply just having immature fun and maybe you'll realize that the issue has been answered and you're just going on a rant, and maybe calm down.
    I once lost a pair of shoes.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by AllThat4Nothing View Post
    Paradox doesn't NEED modders.
    Now there's a brilliant business plan. Because locking your games down and banning modding has worked so well for other games and kept them alive and strong for so much longer than others in the same genre (Hint: That's nonsense).

Luckily Paradox doesn't agree with you that "Modders can go eff themselves" or this discussion wouldn't even be around. I sincerely doubt that a genuinely anti-Modding company wouldn't just delete the discussion and be done with it. Just because you happen to not care about Mods or Modding doesn't mean other people don't.

Stop acting entitled. And you're a classic example of the pot calling the kettel black.
    This doesn't even make sense.

(Edit: Maybe you're referring to my "deliberately side-stepped answering the issue when raised during development"? See, this is where going "TL;DR" becomes a problem, because if you actually read what other people wrote then you'd see that isn't in regards to this thread, where things were answered, but during the Development.....which has ended, since, y'know, the game has been released.)

You got your answer on all accounts. Why do you continue? /.../
    Because people keep repeating nonsense ad nauseam to try and shut people up, which is loathsome, while also hoping some Dev might think that the specific-religions hard-coding would be a better solution.

especially when it's more than just little old me who's calling you out on your BS?
    You mean that one other guy who just said that he liked it when people didn't quote whole messages in their responses, because it screws up the formatting on his mobile phone? Real strong endorsement there, guy.

Grow up already. People tell me to stop feeding you (in PMs) but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not simply just having immature fun and maybe you'll realize that the issue has been answered and you're just going on a rant, and maybe calm down.
    I'm fairly certain that either no one PMed you like that at all and you're just using it as a self-protection mechanism, or it was some other sycophant that never argued with anyone else's real points either and just regurgitated the same tired Strawmen on what other people didn't say.

I'm perfectly aware that the original issue has been answered with the reason why it is like it is, but that wasn't what I returned to the discussion-thread for, now was it? No. I was quoting another user and expressing my issues with that policy as well as offering an alternative that would satisfy both sides. But keep arguing with an imaginary villain if you like.

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I Pm'ed Doomdark, the lead of the CKII team, and he said it might be unlocked to mod in a patch.
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

Naval War: Arctic CircleMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

this is asinine. Nuril if you're so upset that you can't mod a certain aspect of the game, then no amount of throwing a fit is going to change it. I hope you realize you're not making yourself look good here. And as for Paradox' business model, I am quite sure they are not going to suffer just because you can't mod religion. Get over yourself.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    I Pm'ed Doomdark, the lead of the CKII team, and he said it might be unlocked to mod in a patch.
    Cheers. Much love, Doomdark. If you want to keep your options open for your DLC, feel free to lock down specific bits of text. I can't see anyone having much of a problem with that apart from "Sloth", since I was certainly one of the most vocal on behalf of Paganism. <3

(And if this is true, with these newly created groups having the ability to be playable as normal, then I officially have no problems with CK2. I just wish they'd implement the "_culture/_religion" dynamic Localizations of territory and that they'd fix map-modding to allow for expanding map-borders = Perfect vanilla release.)

I found a way to play any entity in the game bug free. There is certainly some sort of check to prevent you from playing them, but they ARE completely playable bug free, just no custom nation/dynasty specific events.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-with-out-Mods

I've just created a mod that allows all pagans and muslims to be played straight from the main menu, so for anyone who is interested, come take a look:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ditional-Mercs

ugh

Paradox will be releasing content that lets you play Pagans and Muslims with their own events, systems of governance, religious models, etc. Not simply as essentially clones of european catholic fuedal lords, as these "mods" and changes to script files and fast-click bug "feature" do.

I can play with the pagan and muslim governments, u can even play as the pope, the governments all work fine, no one needs a mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannar View Post
    I can play with the pagan and muslim governments, u can even play as the pope, the governments all work fine, no one needs a mod!
    i don't think you quite understand

it works "just fine" because it's doing nothing but doing the same crap it would do for catholic fuedal lords.

Paradox is going to hook us up with content that will make your Pagan or Muslim playtyle UNIQUELY Pagan and UNIQUELY Muslim. Not simple characters with Islamic titles who are behaving exactly like a european fuedal lord anyway.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

i don't think you quite understand

it works "just fine" because it's doing nothing but doing the same crap it would do for catholic fuedal lords.

Paradox is going to hook us up with content that will make your Pagan or Muslim playtyle UNIQUELY Pagan and UNIQUELY Muslim. Not simple characters with Islamic titles who are behaving exactly like a european fuedal lord anyway.
    I certainly hope they will, although I'm cheating to play them in the meantime anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by birdboy2000 View Post
    I certainly hope they will, although I'm cheating to play them in the meantime anyway.
    ^This.

I have modded the extended timefrime in the demo and played it till the release. Sure it wasn't the same expirience but I had food for the mean time. So why not play a "light" version through easy modding until a DLC comes out?

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannar View Post
    Have you actually tried playing as the Pope? I don't call having to unpause the game every day because of one-sided indulgence events playing...
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

ugh

Paradox will be releasing content that lets you play Pagans and Muslims with their own events, systems of governance, religious models, etc. Not simply as essentially clones of european catholic fuedal lords, as these "mods" and changes to script files and fast-click bug "feature" do.
    Stop posting in this thread; you are out of touch with the issues people are bringing up here. This is addressed towards the devs if you want to add something productive do so but this post you made right here. It has already been made; so please leave it at home.

Btw broken pagan/muslim play is literally what people are asking for, stop deciding for others what they want and telling us what we want is bad. It is not productive.

General Grumpalodian Aardvark Bellay's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultCK2: Holy Knight

Blog Entries
    @geldalin

You already can do so. With a mod, cheat or savegame modding.

And btw, if there werent people saying something you dont like, this thread had already gone lost beyond page 100.
    [Micromod] - Old Building Names (Pre-1.10-building-names for CK2)

CK2 Mods: User Mod Index (Don't forget to post about your mod compatibility)
    Deutsch CK2: German CK2 Sub-Forum (go there for the german translation 'repair' mod)

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark Bellay View Post
    @geldalin

You already can do so. With a mod, cheat or savegame modding.

And btw, if there werent people saying something you dont like, this thread had already gone lost beyond page 100.
    I'm not complaining that he disagrees with me; I'm complaining because he is bringing up points that we have already went over many many pages ago. I only ask people read the thread before posting as to reduce redundant posts.

And to be fair this thread is sort of redundant now in general since we have all expressed how we feel on the topic and the devs are aware of our feelings so I wouldn't be bothered if both sides stopped posting.

On Double Secret Probation Comradebot's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Using the command console, you CAN play as whoever you want... just in case anyone missed that. Go google it up, and you'll find it.

I've been playing a game now starting in the Aland Islands as Norse, and even without all the stuff they could/should have it's a load of fun. Challenging, because any time the Christians smell weakness they'll try to strike, but still loads of fun. Being able to utilize Warrior Cults myself is just silly, but it's the one and only thing the pagans have going for em'.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSengoku500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

can we have a poll to see what majority want? Muslim DLC, Pagan DLC, or none of them?

Quote Originally Posted by geldalin View Post
    I'm not complaining that he disagrees with me; I'm complaining because he is bringing up points that we have already went over many many pages ago. I only ask people read the thread before posting as to reduce redundant posts.

And to be fair this thread is sort of redundant now in general since we have all expressed how we feel on the topic and the devs are aware of our feelings so I wouldn't be bothered if both sides stopped posting.
    you don't make any sense at all. the question is "why cant we play as" and the answer is "you will be able to officially in an upcoming patch/expansion/dlc." I'm only repeating what Paradox has already planned. No reason for you to get angry and accusational.

Usermod Coordinator Paradox Dev Team Captain Gars's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindSengoku

Quote Originally Posted by geldalin View Post
    Agreed, this thread has been running on fumes for a while now. Closed.
    "I don't want to know or hear anything about neutrality. This is a fight between God and the devil. If he wants to side with God, then he has to join me. If he prefers to side with the devil, then indeed he must fight me. There is no third way."

Senior Scripter & Usermod Coordinator

(DON'T PM ME ABOUT MODDING ISSUES - THERE ARE SUBFORUMS FOR THAT)

~ Ivan Turina ~

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16