Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Tank Riders can also ride Cavalry

ME is a pretty cool doctrine, but u have to bring in some anti tank guns/tanks, with negate heavy if possible to be prepared.

Currently i cannot see it to compete against the ammount of inf a probe rush does bring, nor against maski that possibly has IS-2s in there from reserve.
    But i have to admit that i tend to count on more expensive units, and thus my ME deck is probably a bit to slow anyway. Not sure how a cheap ME deck would be.

..not being able to use that last spot with infantry.
    This sentence alone says all about this game. Essentially you are saying: "Being able to use an extra inf in defence is better than being able to use an extra tank." It SHOULD NOT be that way. THAT's the point. In reality a defence with combined arms is always better than a defence consisting only of infantry. In this game it's the opposite.

Romdanzer

what he meant was that he can force the opponent to only defend with 2 units in many situations and THAT is the advantage.
    a tank will always be better if ur able to field him into combat then infantry is, besides some super cheap tanks

Posted in the bug forum about the Cavalry - Tank Riders stuff, so we'll see what the decision is.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Dotto1979 View Post
    ...not being able to use that last spot with infantry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romdanzer View Post
    This sentence alone says all about this game. Essentially you are saying: "Being able to use an extra inf in defence is better than being able to use an extra tank." It SHOULD NOT be that way. THAT's the point. In reality a defence with combined arms is always better than a defence consisting only of infantry. In this game it's the opposite.

Romdanzer
    You are taking it out of context. It's like Narfi said on his last post here:

Quote Originally Posted by Narfi View Post
    what he meant was that he can force the opponent to only defend with 2 units in many situations and THAT is the advantage.
    a tank will always be better if ur able to field him into combat then infantry is, besides some super cheap tanks
    Not only that, but against axis infantry probe, if your opponent wants to defend with 3 units he will have to use his feared Panzergrenadiers (SS or regular) on defense, risking to lose it more than it does when attacking.
    Last edited by Dotto1979; 21-02-2012 at 23:05.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4