• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
D16E02182081FB87C55BD7475799745B17FFF40B

The man who, in his over 70 years, not only united - through prudent marriages - Venice and Wales under a single crown, is conquering large parts of Ireland as we speak, took (if only for a short while) Jerusalem from the heathens, and let's not forget has ungodly stats?
"the Good"... as in: "Yah, he's good people."

His contemporaries have certainly mastered the art of understatement.

At the same time, a short, incompetent almost underage girl with no notable characteristics whatsoever is called "the Great".

What's with the Sailor-Moon crown? It looks silly.

What's with the Sailor-Moon crown? It looks silly.

I kind of like the variety TPaTT gives in terms of crowns, but some headdresses are quite annoying.. Primary downside of TPaTT.

I first encountered that crown as King of Brittany. I thought it was a mistake, that it was meant for female rulers, but I was wrong :rofl:. The other crowns are alright, though...

I'm not sure if this name is vanilla or not, but it certainly appears in TPTT. I could not stop laughing

attachment.php

View attachment 62324

A quick google search reveals that the crown is a coronal version of the traditional Irish Claddagh ring.

claddagh-rings.jpg

So, it's legit. The wikipedia article implies it's mostly worn by women and they date to the 17th century. The symbolism and certain elements of the design are, however, much, much older.

A quick google search reveals that the crown is a coronal version of the traditional Irish Claddagh ring.

claddagh-rings.jpg

So, it's legit. The wikipedia article implies it's mostly worn by women and they date to the 17th century. The symbolism and certain elements of the design are, however, much, much older.

Wikipedia wasn't written by some claddagh ring maker I hope.

I've never heard of the Claddagh being used as a crown. It's a ring, and as far as I was aware, was believed to have been inspired by spanish examples.

I first encountered that crown as King of Brittany. I thought it was a mistake, that it was meant for female rulers, but I was wrong :rofl:. The other crowns are alright, though...

I'm not sure if this name is vanilla or not, but it certainly appears in TPTT. I could not stop laughing

attachment.php

View attachment 62324

In my Dunkeld game to unite Britain, the third in line to the throne was Shitrig MacShitrig Dunkeld. Needless to say I was desperate to get a more aply named heir before the prestige hit.

I don't see anything wrong with being called the Good. He probably has the kind trait. That crown is pretty funny though. :rofl:

I'm not entirely certain of that. My old King of Wales had acquired 'the Cruel' trait despite only having the trait for a short time, before he was king. He got the title a few months after he lost the trait.

Yeah, my grandson was named Shitrig by his parents, although he became a beast, and annexed most of Ireland and Wales, thus becoming Shitrig the Great.

I'm not entirely certain of that. My old King of Wales had acquired 'the Cruel' trait despite only having the trait for a short time, before he was king. He got the title a few months after he lost the trait.

Well I realize that the title "the Good" refers to his disposition rather than his achievements, but sometimes the fact that characters stick with the first nickname they received (except for some special cases like Bill the Bastard) leads to somewhat odd results.

View attachment 62379 It seems England has had a dose of Republicanism. All Hail the Saxon Serene Doge of England!

I wonder how things would have been different if Cromwell had called himself that...

claddagh-rings.jpg

You cannot possibly be serious. Whoever designed a medieval crown to look like a tacky Irish bling ring with a giant heart on it must have meant this as a prank. :wacko:

So my uncle, the Duke of Sicily, rebels against me right after my current king dies. Pretty normal stuff. But then the Earl of Malta swears fealty to me and 5 seconds later decides to rebel? WTF dude?