• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/920112322730566005/67541A95FABB1D4B42417EA724F3190DF8159025/

How is this even possible? Their duke has only one county and one barony. Every unit leader is a simple noble without holy order or mercenary title.

The war is Famagostian invasion of Egypt (should be something like that in english)

It looks like an event for me, but I have never seen it before.

Probably a decadence triggered invasion. Were the Fatimids at high decadence?

So, I spent 381 years building a Croatian empire. Started as the Zadar count and did all the dirty work just for France, which spent most of the game as a tiny kingdom, to come in and take over with only a few years left in the game. I married off one of my daughters who wasn't my immediate heir, to a French prince who wasn't the direct heir, but after a couple of coincidental deaths, my grandson became the King of France and my future heir. Fortunately, it was a matrilineal marriage and even though my empire became France, it was still my dynasty.

Maybe not that strange, but it's the 1st time it happened to me. It was unexpected and I was a little choked that France didn't become just a holding of Croatia and not the other way around.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
My favorite part of this is the massive Muslim empire apparently ruled by a Greek dynasty.

My favorite part of this is the massive Muslim empire apparently ruled by a Greek dynasty.

If I were to make a guess, it's that the Fatimids (or whoever was in charge) had their decadence get too high, and it spawned a random invasion from the count of Ikonia with the family taking the name of the county/barony. In one game, it was the Egyptian Shiites of House Taranto (southern Italy) who usurped the Fatimids.

2012-08-20_00006.jpg

My niece the incancerated Prince Bishop..ess(?)

Who by the way holds claims on pretty much every kingdom north of Iberia.

2012-08-20_00004.jpg

My 67 years old Caliph getting his 41 years old wife pregnant. :blink:

2012-08-20_00005.jpg

And of course, since both parents are GENIUS, the newborn girl is an imbecile...:glare:

If I were to make a guess, it's that the Fatimids (or whoever was in charge) had their decadence get too high, and it spawned a random invasion from the count of Ikonia with the family taking the name of the county/barony. In one game, it was the Egyptian Shiites of House Taranto (southern Italy) who usurped the Fatimids.

I've had a Greek dynasty in Egypt for one of my games, somehow. If I remember they may have been related to the Byzantine dynasty, too... though I'm not sure. Maybe not. It was weird, though.

I've had a Greek dynasty in Egypt for one of my games, somehow. If I remember they may have been related to the Byzantine dynasty, too... though I'm not sure. Maybe not. It was weird, though.
Reborn Ptolemaion? :p

Reborn Ptolemaion? :p

Maybe. :unsure:

I remember I was just minding my business, looking at random characters, until I noticed an unusual amount of European-looking characters in Egypt. Then I realized they were all family members of some Muslim Greek dynasty that had somehow become the new Sultans of Egypt. They were Muslim. And Greek. But because the game doesn't determine names based on religion... And they had already been there for two or three generations. Too bad I didn't take a screenshot, but it was certainly a bit odd, if not hilarious. Then again, I've seen odder. Sometimes there are mixed ethnic kings and dukes because of my cleverly arranged marriages, but now and then the game really pulls off some weird stuff - one time I saw a whole African/Middle Eastern looking dynasty of Christian Scottish Kings, for instance. Now that was funny.

I saw in my current game an monophytist greek hungary :p

E991EE44BC051834B545A474866A5B191DE82D2F

Catholic Arch-Bishropric Hakamid Emirate of Jerusalem

There is actually two Hakamid dynasties in the game right now, the Iberian Muslim variety and this variety.

Though I suppose the odder thing would be the fact that the Papal states managed to take land in the Holy Land and hold it. :p

Maybe. :unsure:

I remember I was just minding my business, looking at random characters, until I noticed an unusual amount of European-looking characters in Egypt. Then I realized they were all family members of some Muslim Greek dynasty that had somehow become the new Sultans of Egypt. They were Muslim. And Greek. But because the game doesn't determine names based on religion... And they had already been there for two or three generations. Too bad I didn't take a screenshot, but it was certainly a bit odd, if not hilarious. Then again, I've seen odder. Sometimes there are mixed ethnic kings and dukes because of my cleverly arranged marriages, but now and then the game really pulls off some weird stuff - one time I saw a whole African/Middle Eastern looking dynasty of Christian Scottish Kings, for instance. Now that was funny.
In my current game, HRE Emperor Magnus I and French King Guy II wear Turbans, have dark skin and huge black beards. First I thought there had been a Jihad but they are actually normal, german- and frankish-cultured guys whose moms happen to have been Christians from some oriental place and passed oriental fashion to their sons. >.<

What happened here? Apparently the title of King of England was held by Harold, William and then Harald*.

*Some years later Denmark decided to press its claim in England. All hell broke loose. All provinces ended up English cultured and peasant rebels redistributed the land. Also, the duchy of Normandy is owned directly by Phillip Capet, King of France.