• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I want you all to know, I never had a hand in -any- of this. I've just been slowly growing Tolouse's borders and waiting for a good time to switch to Catharism...

http://tinyurl.com/q3jkes8

(Bohemia later became Germany)

http://tinyurl.com/p96sned

ORTHODOX. SELJUKS.

I don't know how, but it's scary and kinda depressing watching most of the east implode. Basically the Sultan of the Seljuks switched to Zikri after the Sunni faith took some -massive- moral authority loss (don't know how, but it did); Sunni Islam became a Zikri heresy for a while, before re-emerging dominant over the Zikri faith... or rather, most of the Zikri were in Persia. Somehow the Sultan became Orthodox and now it's one massive Orthodox state.

I'm scared, guys.

Hail Suniefredo, king of the Visigoths and the Umayyad Sultanate!

bspl36X.jpg

At the peak of Umayyad power (they're all Visigoths, hence the name and the "king" title, but sadly they keep converting to capital culture when they succeed to the throne), with their realm stretching all the way to Ostfriesland, they got this guy for a sultan: an insane, syphilitic, decadent homosexual cynic. With two hunchbacked infants for sons. He actually won a crusade for West Francia, but then he promptly died and the sultanate is starting to splinter.

Times are hard for Catholics: they're wedged in between the Umayyads, an intermittently powerful Norse Sweden to the north, a bunch of strong reformed Slavic kingdoms to the east, and Cathar Italy to the south. Note that there are two Bavarias: the kingdom is Catholic and only holds three counties; the mega-duchy is Slavic. Saxony somehow keeps winning wars against Andalusia, Sweden, and Pomerania. If it weren't for them, I think Christendom would be toast.

Definitely the craziest alternate history I've seen in a CK2 game, and all with basically no influence from me (I'm in Russia; all I did was reform the Slavic faith).

I decided to name all my kids pokemon in order to see how far I could get. Currently at Lapras(131) and it's in the early 1200s.

Also yes, the Slavs won. Specifically the Khan of Pannonia, who was elected Khagan next(They still use Elective Gavelkind for some reason even though they're reformed and feudal).

As a 26 year old man who never grew out of Pokemon and owns all the games and also loves CK2... I massively approve of this.

Do you use a mod? Normally, there isn't a duchy of Rome. oO

You can create a duchy of Rome though by reforming from a tribal into a merchant republic while the primary title is c_roma. It's a great way to keep your county CoA all the way up to your Empire. To have the SPQR CoA on your soldiers is very nice.

I decided to name all my kids pokemon in order to see how far I could get. Currently at Lapras(131) and it's in the early 1200s.

Also yes, the Slavs won. Specifically the Khan of Pannonia, who was elected Khagan next(They still use Elective Gavelkind for some reason even though they're reformed and feudal).

It's cool attempt, but Filling all pokemons(719) is impossible.
And now Slavs rule from Kirghiz to Germany...why the hell are they so strong?

The conditions for him to spawn - let alone start conquering - are fairly restrictive. I've never seen him do it, either.
Seljuk is always spawn since there's always a turkic mercenary company.
Downside, if he spawns in that court, the best he'll ever achieve is mercenary captain.
Unless, perhaps, if said mercenary company managed to get hold of some counties, and probably the right ones at it...

Seljuk is always spawn since there's always a turkic mercenary company.
Downside, if he spawns in that court, the best he'll ever achieve is mercenary captain.
Unless, perhaps, if said mercenary company managed to get hold of some counties, and probably the right ones at it...
He should be able to spawn in any Altaic court, so that he might actually have a chance at getting somewhere in the earlier starts. According to all-knowing Wikipedia he may have starting his career with the Khazars, which isn't possible in CK2 since he needs to spawn in a Turkish court.
AI Krum managed to form Carpathia some time ago, which was pretty unusual, but then I happened to pan down south (currently playing Scandinavia) and happened to notice this. Awesome.

ck2_1_zpsu7tfc8by.png
It makes me sad that the AI never makes constantinople their capital unless the Byzantine Empire is their primary title, heh.

Now this is odd

[SUB]
wkh0zc.png
[/SUB]

Actually it's rather common, some issue with Emperors inheriting/revoking religious heads and becoming theocracies.

Wait, I derped up, thought it was an Emperor. Okay, I have no idea how he became a king tier republic.

That's not what happened. The Patriarch here is somehow also a Doge of a merchant republic.

How did that happen?

Ecumenical Patriarch ended up with Constantinople thereby converting the primary holding of the county into a temple. I reconquered Constantinople and gave a city to the Ecumenical Patriarch which seemed to convert the Patriarchate into a merchant Republic.