• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
93E062BA48BE5B66D59085AECE6C22D2EF527D42

Guess what I found?
What else can happen besides the huge amount of culture points and the risk of insanity?
Is that a scholarship focus event?

Not rly all that strange, but an interesting chain of events nevertheless, lol. My old Fylkir dies of old age, his son inherits, but only rules for 2 years before he dies in battle against a religious revolt - a battle that was a complete victory, but the king died during it nevertheless. Sh*t happens, Valhalla awaits, I guess.
zAy8Xz2.jpg

So the next generation inherits. After exactly 2 years (again!) my Fylkir is challanged to Holmgang, a battle to the death by his uncle (I guess he questioned my guy's emperorship abilities or whatnot). Being a brave SoB, the newly announced Fylkir accepts the duel, but his youth and elan is surpased by the skill and seniority of his rival uncle and he gets an axe to the gut. Valhalla awaits.
V5DANG5.jpg

Now my empire has a 10 year old Fylkir. Regency awaits.
B7kritX.jpg

Just co conclude the story
Little Freyr grew up fast and he avenged his father's death. Hakon was defeated in battle, imprisoned and executed.
0xUjprU.jpg

But that wasn't enough. He took his widdow wife AND his daughter as his prize concubines.
kmYtpei.jpg

n6umtfp.jpg

After that was dealt with he had a runestone carved in the memory of his father.
hqkM6kX.jpg

Happy end? :D

Just co conclude the story
Little Freyr grew up fast and he avenged his father's death. Hakon was defeated in battle, imprisoned and executed.
0xUjprU.jpg

But that wasn't enough. He took his widdow wife AND his daughter as his prize concubines.
kmYtpei.jpg

n6umtfp.jpg

After that was dealt with he had a runestone carved in the memory of his father.
hqkM6kX.jpg

Tipic Norse story

A boy grows to be a man obsessed with revenge. He slays his kin in cold blood and rapes his aunt and his cousin in the same bed.

"The streets are extended gutters and..."

Thank goodness I set aside my love for myself, but we managed to stay friends.
The price of being the only Lesbian in the Kingdom.

ynWR0rw.png

1A0414C549E1EC1333BC36F1E4CBD47279A5DE2D

Great job, Faroald. Nobody knew that.

EC1BA894B1CAF73F9CF5F7B7B02D97FA911B2FA8

The greatest (or worst) of all raids.

Okay I have a great story here of bitter brothers brought to you by WoL and CK2+..... So here we have the Welf brothers, Hugo and Konrad. They have never liked each other much, but now they are at war and bitterly hate each other.

As a quick background. Here we have the innards of the Carolingian Empire, Louis II became King of Italy, Lotharingia, and Burgundy before his death, but after he died Italy and Burgundy went to his eldest daughter Gisele who had adopted the Italian way of life. Konrad was the Duke of Upper Burgundy and Savoia and was easily the most powerful vassal to the Queen of Italy. After several years though he and the Duke of Dauphine led a rebellion against Gisele and Konrad established his kingship over Burgundy. Meanwhile right next door, his older brother, Hugo had been given the Duchy of Switzerland by me at some point. He was already bitter and jealous of his older brother.
21yglt.jpg

Here are the brothers:
2nb6al0.jpg
2ns7ybk.jpg

As if it wasn't bad enough being outshines by his older brother, King Konrad began bedding his older brother's wife, the Duchess of Switzerland...

s2f6kh.jpg

Hugo tried to have his wife, Duchess Wilhelmina imprisoned (or worse), but she made her escape through the alps to the last Lombard kingdom of Salerno in the south of Italy.

9focqv.jpg

So the brothers hate each other and their wives hate each other, there is infidelity on both sides, murder intrigue, and now Konrad, being the never ending douche that he is, has declared war on Hugo for control of the Swiss pass through the alps.

Reminds me of me and my brother (I'm the younger better one).

Thank goodness I set aside my love for myself, but we managed to stay friends.
The price of being the only Lesbian in the Kingdom.

ynWR0rw.png
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh paradox I love you guys sometimes! Keep little bugs like this one in the game.. Man that is good.

I might end up looking like an idiot, but I've seen screenshots of this map and I've been wondering this for a while: What mod is that you are playing?
Judging from the colours; HIP (Historical Immersion Project).

Abbasid Caliphate is really scary. They have 3 times more provinces than Byzantine Empire (2nd biggest realm) and theirs army is as large as HRE and ERE combined.

There are only 2 muslim independant rulers 1, Caliph and 2, sheikh in Marrakech (that OCM in Marocco)

ck2_1-1.png

Abbasid Caliphate is really scary. They have 3 times more provinces than Byzantine Empire (2nd biggest realm) and theirs army is as large as HRE and ERE combined.

There are only 2 muslim independant rulers 1, Caliph and 2, sheikh in Marrakech (that OCM in Marocco)

ck2_1-1.png
Isis would be proud