• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't even know anymore.
C037DFC52DF3CBFB2ECAB69F20A2B797018DE31B

That's not how you spell "British".
00774DDF1DF2341FE0EE00C2115AE743C1E9FB08

Seems to be they are teleporting somehow. From another part of the map. Maybe game thinks that there is short way from Persia to Canarias, then that's why.

Canary islands are bugged. In one of my games I always had a regiment of Seljuk troops there. It varied from 1k to 5k in strength. No idea what the hell they were doing over there. Seems like there's a wormhole in the east.

I used my elegant editing skills to emphasize the special things in the screenshot :) (I started as songhai)
was doubtful whether to put it here or in the empires thread, but whatever!
fs3qs.jpg

sancho of castille became over 80 years old and united the 3 iberian kingdoms, however thanks to gavelkind his kingdoms were divided between 2 normans and his granddaughter, later the king of galicia died before he got an heir, so now there's this!

Last edited:
Tihzb.jpg

This needs an explanation:
I have never been in war with Fatimid Caliphate or their rebelling vassal. And yet they chose Canarias as their battlefield! It just blows my mind. None of them had Canarian Isles in their possession before.
Happens to me all the time.

It is the year 1100. I'm a count in the Byzantine Empire. Let's see how the Muslims are doing in the latest 1.06 patch!

View attachment 58733

JESUS CHRIST!
What's with your character's face? Looks like he's about to turn into Skeletor.

lxbT6.png

Anybody else here play Axis&Allies? (if not, the joke here is Finway, the province of Norway and Finland merged)

Also, that is all that is left of Russia in this picture, and they don't even hold Russian land.

2012-07-09_00002.jpg

This one requires a bit of context since it's not as much a strange screenshot as an strange game overall.
It was a pretty usual game. Started as count of Desmond, unified Ireland, and from there was the normal swallowing up of Wales and England during one of its many revolution spirals over a period of a few decades. Early into the game while I was waiting for my chancellor to fabricate claims on Gwynned (or some other part of Wales), I noticed that my brother had a claim on the soon-to-be-doomed kingdom of Navarra, which by now was an one-county minor surrounded by muslins everywhere. I pushed it out of boredom, won the war, then promptly forgot about it. A few decades later, after swallowing bits and pieces of England, I checked the ledger and noticed that France was far below me in the army listings, with less than 10k soldiers. I took the opportunity to press a claim from one of my vassal for the Duchy of Normandy. I easily won the war after sending armies to occupy Normandy most of Valois and then pressing for peace. The AI, naturally, accepted.

The next day, there was no France anymore. :ninja:

You see, there was a very good reason as for why France had such depleted levies. It was in the middle of a MASSIVE war against the Almoravids (Mauretania), and thanks to my timely and careless intervention it lost. Badly. France as we know it disappeared completely, and the King of France was now King in title only, since his only holding was a small chain of islands off the border between me (by the time still Ireland) and the HRE :laugh:. The thing is, The Almoravids hadn't conquered all of France, no. They had conquered only half of it. The other half, somehow, was firmly in the grasp of Navarra, STILL ruled by my brother's branch of our family, and which somehow had taken over quite a fair share of french territory to the point where some of it was considered de jure already, while losing all of it in Iberia. With all of France swallowed up by a muslin monstrosity which spammed all the way from Mali to Normandy, and things also looking extremely bleak on the East for us christians (Byzantium lost most of its holdings to the East and the sunni Golden Horde was encroaching closer and closer to the HRE's borders), I panicked and instantly begged the Pope to allow me to Invade Scotland, which he did, allowing me to control enough territory to create Britannia, at which point the above screenshot was taken.

From that moment onward it has been a massive desperation war against the inevitable muslin apocalypse, with me repeatedly declaring war after war without caring for truces, marching levies like crazy to Normandy and flooding whatever duchy was closest, storming holdings in order to try and secure as much french territory before it managed to stabilize itself. Even Navarra and Genoa joined the party, Navarra grabbing a couple duchies for itself and Genoa taking most of southern Aquitaine (The Kingdom, not the Duchy). Final Result: Now France has been completely destroyed, most of it mine, but a fair amount of it Navarrese, but with a couple mauretanian territories to the south that are too far for me to blitzkrieg without the overwhelming almoravid levies coming to the party and changing it into a complete disaster area. Meanwhile the Kaiser obliviously plays wack-a-pole with the pagans, while the Pope is reigning from some frozen piece of land in Norway (Latium was swallowed temporarily by the muslins as well, before I flew in and stole it from them and incorporated it into my Empire) and the eastern muslins devour the bleeding carcass of what was once the Ilkhanate. :wacko:

RandomMayor: Show some mercy! Release this man please!
Me: I haven't shown mercy in a while. The guy hates me tho, so I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the arse.

WBEUS.png

Twelve days? Really? Aznar must simply LOVE spending time in the dungeon!

RandomMayor: Show some mercy! Release this man please!
Me: I haven't shown mercy in a while. The guy hates me tho, so I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the arse.

WBEUS.png

Twelve days? Really? Aznar must simply LOVE spending time in the dungeon!
This happens quite often. Releasing people from dungeons generally doesn't stop them from hating your guts.