• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
278E2472413047B0F01543E526422183D723AAC3

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/536257828142524508/278E2472413047B0F01543E526422183D723AAC3/

Add this guy to the list of best / worst popes ever... :p

I love peasant leader popes, I always wonder how they managed to become bishops

Behold: Duke Atto of Benevento. He's a stressed, depressed, lunatic, drunkard...

39C7D0B79F32B24FDDE14C9C82729878A9E9CC2B

And this woman has been in prison for six years, yet somehow managed to get pregnant. Got to love those conjugal visits.

C908FD04713634C199E5B59E7C7E111FD2D659FD

I love peasant leader popes, I always wonder how they managed to become bishops

He also has the carousing focus, is a game master, and a cynic with terrible stats. Honestly, how did this guy even end up a cardinal? His successor was a lunatic, so he's probably not even the worst pope in my game's history :p

Is it just me, or do blinded character portraits also give other people the creeps?

Part of the reason I dont blind my prisoners. I dont need their portraits haunting me with those black pits.

dXqjEuK.png

In my Current AAR, The HRE has swallowed France!!! I have no idea how this happened as I was focusing on the Med rather then northern Europe. France and Germany were in a war over a single county last I checked. But look at the sea of yellow. The HRE can raise 30000 men. (50000 if everyone loved the Emperor) But lets hope that the whole realm gets fractured by civil war before that happens. Also my alliance with France is now null and void since Emperor Heinrich gave the kingdom to a Dutchman. Though former king Phillip still controls his counties and duchies. King Harold also managed to beat off the Normans and the Norwegians and so the House of Godwin still controls Englan

Whatever we say, we are never going to get a HRE nerf.

Not even a Frisia fix. :(

From a peasant revolt leader to the King of Jerusalem.
"Do you know what lies in the Holy Land? A new world. A man who, in France, had not a house, is, in the Holy Land, the master of a city. He who was the master of a city begs in the gutter". (c) Kingdom of Heaven

3xWuXf2.jpg

Reactions:
Whatever we say, we are never going to get a HRE nerf.

Not even a Frisia fix. :(

Since that looks like HIP, it should have the "Frisia fix". There's just no stopping the Anschluss-train.

Reactions:
Actually he is no a peasant, he is a thrall which is even lower than peasant. Thralls were viking slaves, their life was hard and short and they were treated like animals (if a thrall killed someone it was masters crime, not thralls) literally so their life depended mainly on luck. During great ballot your character literally sacrifies few thralls if you have no prisoners, such was life of thrall.

Reactions:
8D3847A85A40D377BAD2A2B21F87E8E7E5BE1A3A

Will the spawn of Satan become the champion and savior of the Christian world in the ranks of the Knights Hospitaller?

The world must know.

Please? :p

The first one is actually a bug, when choosing the insult vs the polite response for chancellors the game uses your character's opinion of them, not their opinion of your character. Notice your character hates your spymaster.

Catholicism is in for a ROUGH start, lollard Charlemagne already converted most of his vassals, so even though Francia is Elective, there isn't much of a chance of it switching back to a Catholic ruler.
7814271D77DD7C751517184D07A5C0F498BB6F20

iixx7bd.jpg

Yep, that's a Turkish Messalian married with the Queen of Sweden (non-matrilinearry), and with a funny name to boot ("Prosciut" sounds like "Prosciutto," which means "Ham" in Italian. Thought that would work better if he were Muslim.)