• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Why of course you are latin your majesty. Who has been telling you otherwise?"

Greek latin emperor.jpg

jkfgI.jpg

I am pretty sure that isn't Jerusalem.

Also forgot to take the screenshot but the Rurikovich became the Khans of the Golden Horde.

Last edited:
How on earth did a Komnenos become Latin Emperor??

His mother, the Empress, married his father the king of Trebizond. She wasn't supposed to marry him though or even be Empress. She was married to my heir, but he died of an illness right before she became heir through some "accidents".

Needless to say this threw the Empire into turmoil and rebellions broke out. I was the Duke of Athens and wanted to stay in the empire, but I saw the way the wind was blowing and declared my independence as well. Before Trebizond was integrated into the empire it only had three counties left.

It's a very interesting game that developed very differently from my original plans.

Last edited:
Additionally, Muhammad has the "Sayyid" trait, for which the tool tip states that the character is a direct patrilineal descendant of either Muhammad's uncles or the sons of his daughter Fatima. Both would indicate a very strange family tree if applied to the Prophet himself.

Also, he is a Caliph in the game, while Caliph means "successor" or "representative" (of the Prophet).

Also, he is a Caliph in the game, while Caliph means "successor" or "representative" (of the Prophet).

The Caliphs post-Mohammed were successors to Mohammed.

Mohammed himself was a representative of God. The word is the same: caliph. So this ain't altogether wrong; except that the word means two different things when applied to Mohammed and to his successors. And I doubt he would have been called Caliph (at least very often) during his lifetime.

But the Koran can be read (38:26) as stating that King David too was a caliph. :)

Anyways, this particular thing is not a biggie, I think.

Sji8d.png