• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes.

The king of France, a child I assume (I can't see the pictures) was educated by an Andalusian, or another Arab, and changed culture. Then the Almoravids used an Invasion CB on him, won, and usurped the French king title.

I doubt that could happen in a month, though.

Unfortunately, no. The Kingdom (Sultanate) of France didn't get usurped at all - it simply ceased to exist. There were no obvious major troop movements either.

Unfortunately, no. The Kingdom (Sultanate) of France didn't get usurped at all - it simply ceased to exist. There were no obvious major troop movements either.

Well, pretend I didn't write that last bit. Now that I can see the pictures my idea makes more sense, since it took 7 years for the sultan of France to lose his title.

Well, pretend I didn't write that last bit. Now that I can see the pictures my idea makes more sense, since it took 7 years for the sultan of France to lose his title.

Having just looked back through the saves, it's weirder than I thought. A year and a half before the date of the screenshot, the Duchy of Aquitaine was only those two counties on the south coast, and everything else that the currently have belonged to the current Count of Toulouse (who now has only Toulouse).

I married her for one friggin reason, and then this...

PK2Z5.jpg

I can imagine thousands of men rushing towards that poor knight, trampling their own and dying en masse.
lol You'd think the archers would have a bet going on who can hit him first.

I'm surprised the AI actually changed France's succession laws from strict agnatic. Something I've never seen.

Was she a bishop (I don't know how a female becomes a bishop) when you pressed her claim?

I genuinely have no idea what happened here. It took less than a month, whatever it was:

Somehow, the king of France became the Sultan of France without changing religion, then somehow became the Sheik of Barcelona whilst France vanished entirely with half of it going to the Duke of Aquitaine and the rest to the Almoravids (Toulouse was independent beforehand). Any ideas? (Incidentally, yes, that is a Golden Horde stack sitting by the Channel, and no, nobody in the region has been at war with them. They're just there, and have been for about 20 years.

EDIT: Images fixed.

Did this happen with a saved game that was started before 1.06? I recently started playing an old save from 1.05, and a few years into the game France became a Sultanate as well, without religion change etc.

I'm surprised the AI actually changed France's succession laws from strict agnatic. Something I've never seen.

Was she a bishop (I don't know how a female becomes a bishop) when you pressed her claim?

A woman can become a bishop if you give her a church title while under Absolute Cognatic.

Can't give titles to women without being in Cognatic succession, and you can't appoint women as successors to bishops under any circumstance (including Cognatic).

It also happens because she will only usurp the bare minimum, i.e. a single county from the usurpee. In this case, I bet the former King held a bishropic country, which was made Ecgfrith's capital.

2012-07-06_00002.jpg

Oh, okay... If you say so xD