• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not really that strange, just something I had never seen before.
8B6616CC97037CA8C7D5AC54D253918487218661

Genius and inbred. For good measure she is a Karling married to a Karling, proving there is no such thing as too inbred.

I've seen inbred geniuses before, but three genetic traits is a first. Unless she picked up Stutter in an event, in which case, never mind.

EDIT: Wait, is Stutter even genetic? It's got the color of a genetic trait, but I don't seem to remember anyone having it from birth.

Not really that strange, just something I had never seen before.
8B6616CC97037CA8C7D5AC54D253918487218661

Genius and inbred. For good measure she is a Karling married to a Karling, proving there is no such thing as too inbred.
A Genius Inbred with 25 Martial...

Either she's scary telekinetic or a uni-brow cavewoman, I can't decide which.

Our friend Youkhann is having a bit of trouble in the Christian Iberian.

nvnvqe0.png

He's also presently losing a war against fellow Shia nation Nasrid.

Not strange, but I'm endeared to this Shia Caliphate. Convert! Convert you fool!
You won't convert because Youkhann't.

mMVl3zP.png

Longest.
Engagement.
Ever.

A bit sad too. I always make it a point to try to foster the Jewish Event characters that show up to my court with families of their own. They never last too long, and inevitably convert to Catholicism within a generation.

Speaking of sad, I decided to expand my sphere of influence down into Brittany to get that lot sorted out. Nantes moved out of the Old God starting characters' hands quite early on, and I got curious what had become of that once mighty lineage.

0L1ElSh.png

...oh. :(

There I am, minding my own business in Venice when I get a popup for a Crusade for the ERE and when I go to take a look, what do I see?

B97ED83D84A469E94D177D810FF50441C3FD8F4C

Hungry Hungry Hungary... :p

Italy! Get down from there!

43503CC1DE32A97C5E29A064B6987F479835D540
Those land-grabbing Welshmen... It's not odd to see a Mathrafal England, but Mathrafal Jerusalem is another thing.

They've been king of Italy for generations in that game and everyone loves them. o_O
That's nice, but have you ever seen a Van Vlaanderen Munster? Now that's a sight so see.

Not Munster, but I've seen van Vlaanderen Sicily :p

What happened? The AI wouldn't accept the marriage?

I have no idea. I remember setting up the betrothal. She was 16 at the time and he was 15. I figured marry her to a baron...not too shabby a life for the daughter of a Jewish refugee (Also I'm obsessed with keeping the population of my court as low as possible to encourage fertility. The downside of this is the blood's running a *little* thin in merry ol' England right now...which is why I'm glad to get new non-family Dukes and have started a policy of kicking out o Cleirighs and encouraging baby making between courtiers instead).

Got distracted, noticed her involved in some plot, clicked on the portrait and suddenly realized no "request to marry" had ever been received about the betrothal.

It kind of breaks my heart. She's got good traits and a amazing diplomacy skill. But she's 39, the only ones who will take her now are old and enfeebled men. The vine of Atri withers just as the first flower blooms...