• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A43AB04CFBF3D9E0D100FB885758E8018A5D8A81

Ehem.
Celibacy can be acquired through an event. It's not hard to imagine receiving such an event after the birth of a child. It's more interesting to see rulers with 8+ children and the Celibacy trait, as you can just imagine that they have had enough of the wailing brats. Also, if you're Celibate and your wife isn't, she may just find someone else to pick up the slack, so to speak.

I have a weird issue in my game where the Muslims wont make any i forgot what they call them, but its Duchies to Christians...i dunno why..but it only effects Muslim nations..and its annoying as hell, outside of the originally created ones they wont make any new ones. its just icons everywhere from Spain to the middle east.

Iberia.jpg

These nations are led by Emirs (Dukes) so they cannot grant other Emirs since the new person would become independent. Personally i think that it is rather silly that Muslim rulers can't form the Christian Iberian kingdoms but they cannot so it always winds up like this.

Personally, I thought the funniest part was that your heir is imprisoned. "Hello, dad?" "I'm in JAIL!"
It isn't actually that odd; the jailed heir is Robert's clever, ambitious brother who, knowing that he'd never become king with primogeniture succession and had to see his imbecile brother wear the crown, kept plotting against his brother Robert and rebelling against his father.

More:

ck220.jpg

The king of France's hausmacht consists of one sole barony. I think it happened because his father the king was deposed, but I don't know why he'd only have a barony. Maybe it's because the kingdom is elective?

-

ck216.jpg

A female Khatun leading the Ilkhanate. She married the Khan of the Golden Horde and their son Ghazan eventually ended up merging the two hordes.

So basically I sent a letter to myself to tell me to give up my wife from me and got angry that I wrote a letter to me and killed my wife and then got sad that I killed my wife because I asked myself to in a letter.
Makes you wonder where the "lunatic" trait is among the choices. Or did you get that for free? :p

It isn't actually that odd; the jailed heir is Robert's clever, ambitious brother who, knowing that he'd never become king with primogeniture succession and had to see his imbecile brother wear the crown, kept plotting against his brother Robert and rebelling against his father.

More:

ck220.jpg

The king of France's hausmacht consists of one sole barony. I think it happened because his father the king was deposed, but I don't know why he'd only have a barony. Maybe it's because the kingdom is elective?

-

ck216.jpg

A female Khatun leading the Ilkhanate. She married the Khan of the Golden Horde and their son Ghazan eventually ended up merging the two hordes.

I had a similar case in my game, where the emperor of HRE married the emperess of ERE. The son was about to inherit the whole thing.Luckily, the emperor's brother declared war to depose him. I helped him, and now the kid's just gonna inherit the ERE and the kingdom of Bohemia.

I think it occurs when the prisoner complains event pops up during the time in which a relative of the prisoner is accepting the ransom, or that same idea right at the moment you release them.

It's a little game issue. Sometimes messages about prison conditions arrive just after you've freed someone. This is one of those. :)