• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So I know this isn't exactly weird but I always here complaints about the AI not forming a random kingdom so here it is in all its glory the AI formed Kingdom of Bulgaria:

2012-06-09_00010.jpg

And then of course I can't forget to post the always great Egyptian Emperor of the Byzantines which are always fun to have, also another AI thing to notice in the Screenshot is the Christian kingdom of Syria formed and independent under Komnenos rule:

2012-06-07_00016.jpg

The heir to the thrones of Jerusalem and Ireland is a wonderful achievement for his father, blessed with a brilliant mind, ambition, diligence and bravery. But he is a somewhat stubborn boy.
Named Duke of Ascalon, the boy refuses to marry the fine girl that was raised for him. The lady is a gem you encounter once per century : genius, midas touched, diligent and zealous. The perfect match for a future queen consort of the Holy Land.

But he refuses to marry her. "She's not from a great house, I desire a better alliance. I know that you are my liege and father, and that she is the most brilliant mind of her era, but I won't marry her. Period."
Instead, the boy decides to marry Fflur, of house af Bjälbo. She has a fine pedigree for sure, but also two little flaws : she suffers the consequences of inbreeding, and shes speaks cursed tongues she couldn't have learned at court in Scandinavia. The old king was already having troubles handling things serenely beforehand, but this was a coup de grâce to his intense stress problems, and he passed on soon after the wedding.

Once crowned, the son and new king finally understood that his choice of a wife might not have been the best he ever made. Alas, the pope refuses to hear about a divorce, so there is only one choice left : instigate a plot in order to see her die "accidentally".

And to his great surprise, he receives... massive back-up :
ck21i.jpg

It is safe to say that at this point, "unpopular" is not even an euphemism.

Had this in my first game playing as Earl of Leinster-> Earl of Dublin-> Duke of Leinster.

CKII-SSs-1-0-309182688

So, Norwegian England, not especially strange.

CKII-SSs-1-1-309183260

Norwegian England after a succesfull Norman Conquest, again not that strange. Notice the 4 living former Kings.

CKII-SSs-1-2-309183477

Here's vassal to Norway ex-William II de Normandie in Surrey.

CKII-SSs-1-3-309183787

Ex-Richard I de Normandie as Duke of Bedford, also a Norwegian Vassal.

CKII-SSs-1-4-309183986

And in the court of the Norwegian Vassal Godwin Count of Cornwall, here we have ex-Harold II as Steward, ex-Edmund I as a courtier and the widowed wife of Edward the Confessor:eek:hmy:

Mealtimes must be fun in Titangel:rofl:

Here's what happens when you don't bother checking peoples' stats and think you're in for an easy ride against the Irish:

gYjEx.jpg

I can't see any way of salvaging this one -- the mercenaries I hired were all massacred and I can't afford any of the really big stacks. I'm used to bullying the Irish around in this game but I feel stupid now because this guy's just handed my ass to me in what I can only describe as a total rout.

(You may have to right-click and view URL to see the numbers properly).

Somebody must have forgotten to tell you that
a) All that matters in battles are the numbers of troops; and
b) Martial is a useless skill for a ruler
:rofl:
Seriously though - I feel for your loss.

He was leading that army though, and my army outnumbered his -- I'm putting it down to bad luck and a beach assault (albeit on my own territory) but surely his martial skill meant something.

He was leading that army though, and my army outnumbered his -- I'm putting it down to bad luck and a beach assault (albeit on my own territory) but surely his martial skill meant something.

In what year does Ireland have access to 9k troops while not holding all its holdings? Also you can tell that it was not a beach assualt by the fact there is no little negative icon under your troops. Unless your not playing latest version or with mods, in which case I stand corrected. But never have your king lead troops, unless its a crusade for the massive amounts of prestige and piety.

Also you have 6 holdings Vs his 7 holdings and only 4 more vassals. I'd say it was going to be an even fight from the start. 50/50 chance assaults being backed up by merc's never seem to end well.

I was joking.

Of course his martial skill meant something, like an extra 135% damage, directly, for starters (and if I remember correctly an extra 27%, compared to yours from his contribution to state martial; I'm guessing these multiply like tech bonuses as well). And the fool that you are (your king I mean) selecting about the worst possible tactics won't have helped. And yes, beach assault is like -15% from memory...

Edit: state martial effects defence by 1% per point of state martial. Just crunching the numbers and ignoring the fact that there were other flanks/factors involved (which would lessen the disadvantage somewhat) it seems to me that you were looking at being 3 to 4 times over-powered if you started with the same number/composition of troops.

Last edited:
First Picture. The Ilkhanate arrives in 1218, ready to invade the Persian Empire (who, long story, have long since reverted to Zoroastrianism) with an army of 100,000 men, confident in their victory.

Little do they know, the Persians have managed to field a total of 2.5 million men. Yep, the mongols are screwed. I have no idea how they managed 2.5 million men, each army under the control of a separate Mongol with the same name of Yeke. Is this a bug? Cause if it is, it's awesome.

Second Image. A simple one. The Sunni Caliph, is Frankish. Allied, by virtue of dynasty, to the Emperors of France, the HRE, ERE and Arabia. Caliph Étienne's heir is the young Prince Antoine.