• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
lol the Godwins ruling castille?

Well you should see my Britanny--> Egypt game... Godwins are a powerhouse dynasty ruling england, scotland and half of spain. All in one stable kingdom

Okay, this is more of a bug, but I am torn between rage against the machine (must not throw new flatscreen monitor through the window) and bitter tears:

heirbishop.jpg

So here's the story: I started as Ramon Berenguer I of Barcelona. I send my idiot son to Tuscany with the single mission of producing grandchildren. My daughter in law Matilda of course decides to go independent. So she gives the aforementioned idiot son a sword and tells him to defend Brescia from the imperial doomstacks. And this is 1072, and those doomstacks are BIG. First battle he gets captured. Okay, in 1.05g the AI just likes to let your dynasty members rot in prison but the HRE with its free investiture laws does something even worse: he forces poor idiot Pere de Barcelona to become the PRINCE-BISHOP OF RAVENNA! Poor Pere remains in prison in Franconia the rest of his life, but he is also prince-bishop of one of the richest cities in northern Italy.

A fluke, I say to myself, then this happens: my grandson Ramon Berenguer II inherits. He is Italian but otherwise not too bad. His mother who has somehow sprung herself from prison in Germany and run home to Florence has now raised the banner of rebellion again. I think, okay, need to help mommy and moreover most of imperial Italy is now in rebellion, so maybe we won't be doomstacked back to Barcelona. So I go over and mobilize my own levies to do so. Then the 25k doomstacks arrive, and I get owned. But as the flower of Catalan chivalry runs away like a cat down an alley with twenty rabid, mangy rottweilers behind it, my rearguard gets it in the rear. My cousin Arnau gets dragged back to Franconia. And it happens AGAIN:

scaled.php

Arnau is a good knight to be sure, loyal and knows how to poke 'em with the pointy end and all, but he's no intellectual giant. Sure he can read and all, with 5 Learning, but why is he the one to be Prince-Bishop of Ravenna. Is this a title reserved for Catalan POWs? :angry:

scaled.php

I sprung him from prison for 10 gold, but there was no way to remove him from the list of successors to the bishopric of Ravenna. He, his wife, and son all toddled off to his new post, and I could do nothing about it. The HRE is free investiture, and Aragon is papal investiture, but that had no effect whatsoever.

Did the AI find a way to exploit the game mechanics and anchor prisoners to minor titles? :mellow:
Or perhaps his desk there is so huge, that the wife simply couldn't let him refuse the job.

pfft- I don't have the save anymore, but in my Epirus game, the the venetians conquered a substantial empire in Italy. Then they elected an Andalucian muslim doge ---> everyone in Europe ganged on them with Holy War cb.

Okay, this is more of a bug, but I am torn between rage against the machine (must not throw new flatscreen monitor through the window) and bitter tears:

heirbishop.jpg

So here's the story: I started as Ramon Berenguer I of Barcelona. I send my idiot son to Tuscany with the single mission of producing grandchildren. My daughter in law Matilda of course decides to go independent. So she gives the aforementioned idiot son a sword and tells him to defend Brescia from the imperial doomstacks. And this is 1072, and those doomstacks are BIG. First battle he gets captured. Okay, in 1.05g the AI just likes to let your dynasty members rot in prison but the HRE with its free investiture laws does something even worse: he forces poor idiot Pere de Barcelona to become the PRINCE-BISHOP OF RAVENNA! Poor Pere remains in prison in Franconia the rest of his life, but he is also prince-bishop of one of the richest cities in northern Italy.

A fluke, I say to myself, then this happens: my grandson Ramon Berenguer II inherits. He is Italian but otherwise not too bad. His mother who has somehow sprung herself from prison in Germany and run home to Florence has now raised the banner of rebellion again. I think, okay, need to help mommy and moreover most of imperial Italy is now in rebellion, so maybe we won't be doomstacked back to Barcelona. So I go over and mobilize my own levies to do so. Then the 25k doomstacks arrive, and I get owned. But as the flower of Catalan chivalry runs away like a cat down an alley with twenty rabid, mangy rottweilers behind it, my rearguard gets it in the rear. My cousin Arnau gets dragged back to Franconia. And it happens AGAIN:

scaled.php

Arnau is a good knight to be sure, loyal and knows how to poke 'em with the pointy end and all, but he's no intellectual giant. Sure he can read and all, with 5 Learning, but why is he the one to be Prince-Bishop of Ravenna. Is this a title reserved for Catalan POWs? :angry:

scaled.php

I sprung him from prison for 10 gold, but there was no way to remove him from the list of successors to the bishopric of Ravenna. He, his wife, and son all toddled off to his new post, and I could do nothing about it. The HRE is free investiture, and Aragon is papal investiture, but that had no effect whatsoever.

I must admit this made me laugh my ass off. The HRE AI sure does have a sense of humor naming its prisoners heirs to bishoprics :p

Why England made 2 sucession wars against me in one year? I thought there was a 10 years truce...

Not to be rude but ask your question somewhere that its meant to be asked:

Quick Answers

Go there ask the same question and someone will more then likely be kind enough to answer your question.

Not to be rude but ask your question somewhere that its meant to be asked:

Quick Answers

Go there ask the same question and someone will more then likely be kind enough to answer your question.

Sorry. I thought I was replying to the quick answers topic.
But nevertheless this is a great topic! I cried out laughing reading this!

Picked the game up finally on the recent steam sale. Still on my first game, so perhaps this isn't as odd as I think but...
203770_screenshots_2012-06-17_00001.jpg
Yup, that's the Kingdom of Jerusalem in the middle of a destroyed France.

Picked the game up finally on the recent steam sale. Still on my first game, so perhaps this isn't as odd as I think but...
View attachment 56547
Yup, that's the Kingdom of Jerusalem in the middle of a destroyed France.

It is a little strange seeing that. Although I must say I find it even more odd that the AI formed the Serene Republic of Venice. Never ever have I seen an AI do that yet :) So good to see that that has happened.