• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
poncy.jpg

I admit, I (accidentally) put him on the throne, but I had nothing to do with the name, I swear.

There's nothing strange there. Castillians add their father's name after theirs a bit transformed with the -ez particle, but some names just won't translate very well. Hence "Ponce Ponce". If his farther's name and his own were Lope, he'd be "Lope López".

The odd thing is that there's someone called Ponce in the throne of France.

There's nothing strange there. Castillians add their father's name after theirs a bit transformed with the -ez particle, but some names just won't translate very well. Hence "Ponce Ponce". If his farther's name and his own were Lope, he'd be "Lope López".

You misunderstand. In the UK, 'ponce' is a slang term for 'fool'.

You misunderstand. In the UK, 'ponce' is a slang term for 'fool'.

not where im from it doesnt, a ponce is a person who is soft, probably homosexual, fairly effeminate, just generally a bit of a queer lol. ~ think dale winton lol

This happened with the Prince and the Thane Mod.

My character, the French King was gay. Fortunately, so too was the emperor. Thanks to the mod, they can now have a relationships and a +75 relationship bonus.

However, there are kinks that need to be worked out...

Like, how the hell did the King get the Emperor pregnant :eek:

attachment.php

8D1CC6F637AB3EAB57CAB3B9F130A8D35433BFC4

End Game and only 2,138 prestige and piety short of 100k score :mad: Just 1 more year for another war.
12DAF010BE1321E8ACE10B0B71CEC5DD33792976

Go to the trouble of installing an Irish Lollard Pope and its still considered a heracy, defending against 3 crusades forced my hand.
7E96244423250CDB4F87CD127AF28F5E58B618DD

64A6C5A91EABA65DEA72FF0B95AF52AE69AEC848

From Iceland to The Canary's and across to Malta. The Irish "empire" of 97,872 points Failure.

This is only my second game and its the farthest i have been. Im not sure if this happens often or not.

2012061400001.jpg

Im playing as ireland
Apparently it does.

My Golden Horde is in Holland now D:
The King knocked up the Emperor. Which made me sad. I tried to think about the relationship on 'Greek' lines, but apparently the King insisted on being on top...
Wonder why they included that option in the mod in the first place.

Homosexuality (and in extension, homosexual relationships) have been in the game all along, but to add the option of having children is somewhat nonsensical?
I'm glad that modern society is so accepting in that regard, but it's still a huge atmosphere killer in a medieval game. A child of such a union was impossible, both biologically and socially

Last edited:
Wonder why they included that option in the mod in the first place.

Homosexuality (and in extension, homosexual relationships) have been in the game all along, but to add the option of having children is somewhat nonsensical?
I'm glad that modern society is so accepting in that regard, but it's still a huge atmosphere killer in a medieval game. A child of such a union was impossible, both biologically and socially

It's not so much an option to have children but an incomplete edit of the event.

The mod lets you become lovers with somebody of the same gender, which makes sense. However, there are a few standard lovers' events which haven't been edited whose options have a chance of getting the lover pregnant. Its usually like 5%. The event only fires for men, but since the lover is also male...

In short, an event fired for the Emperor, and the AI chose an option that included a chance at pregnancy. For whatever reason, it doesn't matter that he initiates the pregnancy option, he is the one who gets pregnant. It isn't a deliberate design feature.