• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
were jihads triggered by a miaphysite abyssinia taking over egypt ? sadly they don't hold alexandria

Don't think so. Jihads were active for a time now, don't remember what triggered them.

You have to love these Norse adventurers founding their own realms in the Mediterranean. I had vikings in Arborea, Caglari and Capua. Arborea was conquered by the HRE, but Caglari and Capua are still around. The latter held half of the island of Sicily at one point.
You have seen nothing. I have seen norse adventures in Karvuna and Granada.

2014-04-23_00057.jpg

Hail Caliph Oberto of the Knights Templar!

This game is getting interesting... I'm just trolling around in Lanka as a Buddhist merchant republic and I see quite a few odd things:

9mpwOPb.jpg

The Karlings lost West/East Francia in the first 30 years of play, so France and Germany are a thing already. The Magyars failed against Bulgaria(later on, an Arpad adventurer took Moldau, then the Magyar King inherited), and Bohemia/Bavaria(Bavemia? Boharia?) is starting to blob... now how did that happ-

2CH88Q1.jpg

Karlings!:angry:

Meanwhile, successful Khazars are successful and the Byzantine AI achieved "Empressive"
51Q5sQg.jpg

Is that Great Moravia surviving?
HRE France, independent Burgundy, the huge blob in the East (Carpathia?)
Great Moravia is me. :)
The HRE is currently a mess. If you look again, maybe you can see the two different greys. Germany declared independence and took parts of France and Italy with it. Scotland and Ireland are Irish, England is a mix of Norse, Anglo-Saxons, Welsh etc.

My kingdom is probably the only one with nice borders.

HRE eating France is sadly very common, as is England's state in the earliest start date.
What I like is successful Wales. I hope they kick the rest of these pesky vikings ouf of England, so Jylland can finally usurp Denmark.

Oh, another thing - there are no Orthodox anymore - bloody nowhere! Abyssinia and the duchy in Alania are Miaphysite, all other Christians are Catholics. I originally wanted to convert this game to EU4. but first I have to see how the world looks in 1400. Scandinavia and England are just atrocious. Hopefully christianizing the whole lot cleans it up a bit. -.-

It gets worse. these are the Knights of Santiago. Their neighbours were the Knights of Calavatra. Two Spanish orders inhabiting Greece. Don't know how they managed to pick up the Mongol holding pictures or funky nose though!

Yeah. Check out the realms in the pic I linked to. Jerusalem is essentially invincible - the Muslims fighting them probably had levies of like 40-50k available to them.

Yeah. Check out the realms in the pic I linked to. Jerusalem is essentially invincible - the Muslims fighting them probably had levies of like 40-50k available to them.

Ah sorry, missed your link! Yeah I don't think I have seen any Crusades go to countries since RoI.