+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 679 FirstFirst ... 24 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 74 99 124 149 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory CK2 Strange Screenshot Thread

Yep. I've had a ruler with over 12k before too. It's not overly difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny View Post
    First thing I saw, the name. Second thing I saw, the huge number of wards. Third thing I saw, his insane prestige. Then I saw that he was pregnant.
    The name? You mean, the Holy of Holy?

Quote Originally Posted by tnick0225 View Post
    But that picture represents a pregnant character. So therefore we have our first ever pregnant man and its the Kaiser too boot Or perhaps he's really a female and that would explain why everyone thinks he's gay and how he ended up being prego lol
    Now, that is a reasonable explanation. I guess I should always check for myself whether my son is actually son.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcaul View Post
    As the King of Aquitaine I managed to get 11k prestige and 4k piety for a total of 15k score. A large part of that was thanks to forming Jerusalem after winning a crusade and it also helped that he lived to his late 70s reigned for 56 years and came by the title of great honestly.

And some screenies of my own:
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...850700A4BA580/
    Look Genoa did something!

And
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...C406268AE4F69/
    Not really strange but I thought awesome

And one more
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/50...306A100B3CB65/
    The war to depose who?
    Nice to see Genoa in action, in my last game they were actually turned into Prince-Bishopic by their own vassal. And in the light of previous explanation, I guess the King tried to avoid wroth of his duchess by changing his identity, however she saw through it.

Quote Originally Posted by tnick0225 View Post
    My king of Burgundy had 12.2k prestige 3.1k piety and a hair over 4k in the bank too upped the family score from 9k to around 24k when he finally died after almost a 50 year long reign.

But again thats mostly because he won the kingdom of Jerusalem and the Pope loved him for it. But the 3k prestige is pretty high if all you've done is lay around in the castle all day
    Well, actually he gets over 15 prestige monthly just for being Kaiser, which is 180 prestige yearly, and were he ruling from like 1yo (which was pretty possible as his father died shortly after Claes's birth, too bad his grandfather lived into his eighties), he would accumulate around 5k just for slacking in his castle. But yeah, he had to fight few wars to get there, mostly subjugation of revolts in England.

Behold King Bosón, the first of his name, King of Spain, Aquitaine, Mauretania and Egypt, Lord Protector of the Holy Land and....Grandmaster of the Knights Hospitaller? :P

The title even seems to have changed to hereditary...and I suppose Lords all over christianity can now raise a crusader army with my King in the lead
    Last edited by Held der Arbeit; 24-05-2012 at 23:25.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

It's hard to see, but this is my entire living family. My count and his siblings and daughters all have many children...but I've been ridiculously unlucky in my coin flips.

Can you spot what's wrong here? Might be hard to see, though.

This made me chuckle and wonder how she could have bugged out and gotten this title at the same time. AFAIK it didn't last, though.

Just found out that my sister is a prince-bishop.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith094 View Post

It's hard to see, but this is my entire living family. My count and his siblings and daughters all have many children...but I've been ridiculously unlucky in my coin flips.

Can you spot what's wrong here? Might be hard to see, though.
    I don't really see the problem in the first one, aside from you having no sons, but that isn't really all that odd. Maybe I'm missing something?
    In the second one, is that first woman listed as Princess of Rebels?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

1. Well, to explain in more detail...My count has had 6 children. They are all daughters. He has 2 grandchildren. Both are daughters. His two sisters and brothers have had 4 children in total. They are all daughters. This was the point I was vocally shouting "Can I have a fucking male heir PLEASE?" There were lots of unmarried countesses (or heiresses) in France but all I was getting was daughters. This trend hasn't stopped either - my Dukes get an average of 4-5 children, only one of which is male and often very young when the father is in his late 40s or 50s.

2. Yes, the first two women listed are Princesses of Rebels. I wonder who the King is.

Crusader Kings II

I would marry a Princess of Rebels
    Maybe there would beno revolts anymore, or if there are some
    you got a boost of Soldiers

Click image for larger version

Name:	lol.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	951.4 KB
ID:	54788

My mom was married to my half-brother.

This is what happens when you marry your mistress off to your son you had with your wife, then you legit your bastards, and you become your bastard because your first son and original heir died.

This is my first real game, so I'm learning still.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Lol, its actually an Empire of rebels, if you look at the COA its emporer level. Rofl, reminds me of how in Rome Total War you could play as the rebels...wonder how much prestige you would get from marrying a princess of rebels? And how the hell did that happen???

fairly close to what happened in my last game ...

My kings wife (who i've 'helped' into a posssision of being a hair of Lotharia) dies after having given birth to a now adult son

King marries young Queen of Hungary (who's my second cousin once removed in the same dynasty) breeding a son on her before dying

Oldest son marries stepmother and keeps breeding kids on her

The left flank of my army is led by some Swiss merc captain, while the center is led... by the same Swiss merc captain? Sure it isn't just his twin? And it lasted for few battles till I rearranged flank leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by gliomarto View Post
    The left flank of my army is led by some Swiss merc captain, while the center is led... by the same Swiss merc captain?
    The Barber of Seville in disguise.

From my Duchy of Flanders game:

Even though no Christian soldiers have set foot in the Holy Land for twenty years, the Seljuks have yet to usurp the title from me, so I'm still King of Jerusalem. I like to imagine that for the five years or so we were there, we took the True Cross, Holy Lance, etc., and put them all in a full-scale replica of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Brugge. Flanders is the new Jerusalem. (All other countries: Lousy Flanders... /Homer Simpson)

I don't think they can; you need to be Christian to create/usurp the title IIRC
    "Write a wise saying and your name will live forever" -Anonymous

Crusader Kings II500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Taghan View Post
    Just found out that my sister is a prince-bishop.

its screenshots like these that make me scratch my head and wonder lol...maybe she can become Pope someday

I mean I can tell the confusion her face does look kinda manly so maybe they just thought the bishop had long hair and forgot to do the testes check

When a new Pope was elected, the Countess of Orvieto led a war to depose him, so I joined on her side curious as to the success-results. Turns out we end up with a female Pope with a Prince of the Papacy and four Princesses of the Papacy, one of whom is also the Kaiserin of the Holy Roman Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Da-V-Man View Post
    I don't think they can; you need to be Christian to create/usurp the title IIRC
    SWEET, I hope so. Hahaha

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaRome GoldSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoid
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k club

Pope declares crusade on the Shia Caliphate for the Kingdom of Byzantium which isn't owned by anybody... bear in mind that the Shia caliphate has been pushed way back into a small section of Abyssinia and definitely doesn't have anything to do with the Kingdom Of Byzantium.

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

It doesn't need to be. Often crusades will be called against Khazaria, a de jure kingdom with no kings and which can't be created/usurped by any other means.
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 679 FirstFirst ... 24 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 74 99 124 149 ... LastLast