• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This guy has a lot of kids (didn't even count) BUT NONE WITH HIS WIFES. Those are all Bastards! He is like a Bastard-Maker!

bastards.jpg

This guy has a lot of kids (didn't even count) BUT NONE WITH HIS WIFES. Those are all Bastards! He is like a Bastard-Maker!

View attachment 54314

Historical figure? Or did he come to be during the game? I've noticed several historical characters whose parents were not married(oversight, I imagine).

That's an historical figure -- load up as Denmark in 1066, you start with about fifteen children.

In other news, someone was kind enough to gift me the Ruler Designer DLC as they won it in a competition but already had it, so I thought I'd use it as an excuse to try vanilla CK II and a bit of messing around:

aSnZa.jpg

Obviously I wanted to be Zoroastrian but they're unplayable so Nestorian will have to do. How do we think this game will pan out? :laugh:

That's an historical figure -- load up as Denmark in 1066, you start with about fifteen children.

In other news, someone was kind enough to gift me the Ruler Designer DLC as they won it in a competition but already had it, so I thought I'd use it as an excuse to try vanilla CK II and a bit of messing around:

aSnZa.jpg

Obviously I wanted to be Zoroastrian but they're unplayable so Nestorian will have to do. How do we think this game will pan out? :laugh:

Holy war into oblivion.

Get a Zoroastrian tutor! I haven't tried it although I have been keeping Zoroastrians in my court for the day I'm strong enough to try. Then YOU can holy war people into oblivion!

think all you have to do is find the religion.txt and switch zorastrian to "playable = yes" or some such thing I'll have to go look again but I think thats all it takes is just a simple change in the txt file of religions.

ck224.png

Cleanliness IS next to godliness, after all.

ck222.png

This just makes me giggle. Lorraine, stop punching yourself!

ck220.png

Troop counts are all that matter, they said. Mountains and amphibious assault modifiers don't make a difference, they said.

ck219.png

I don't believe he understands the meaning of that word.

ck218.png

What's more hilarious: an inbred, hedonistic, proud pope, or that his dynasty is Orsini, yet he's unrelated to the Orsini counts who are his vassal? (I just realized the other Pope I posted, Hyginus, is yet another different Orsini. How odd.)

ck25.png

"Honey, I had to take on a second job as a spy to support our 5 remaining children. Two already starved to death. What? The job? No, I'm not terribly good at it."

He had a bad experience in his youth, giving him syphillus, so he swore to be celibate, and then, um... realized he was the Pope, so he was supposed to be celibate anyway?
Someone he managed to be pope by age 26?

Edit: and it seems he is a dead, ex-pope at age 26 after reigning for less than six months.

This strange sighting off the coast of Ireland. The Cumans are at war with the Bulgars, over a claim for Khantia which is on their border and at the (middle) eastern edge of the map. I can only assume that they are transporting troops from the Black Sea region up into the North Atlantic for some sort of sneak attack!

err.jpg

203770_screenshots_2012-04-30_00004.jpg

The Teutonic Order: Controlled by the newly Catholic Golden Horde! Yes that's right, the entire Golden Horde converted to Catholicism, and somehow the Khagan became the leader of the Teutonic Order. LOL.

203770_screenshots_2012-05-11_00001.jpg

Sweden conquered all of Mauretania in a Crusade and gave all the titles to Swedish Catholics. The Swedish Catholics rebelled to form the new Swedish Catholic Kingdom of Mauretania.... AND THEN the Swedish Catholic King of Mauretania INHERITED FRANCE while keeping Mauretania as his primary title.

Someone he managed to be pope by age 26?

Edit: and it seems he is a dead, ex-pope at age 26 after reigning for less than six months.

Been done historically. I think we went as low as 18 but I'm not 100% sure. Some were quite 20-ish. Members of very important families.

No pedigree, no spouse, no children, no allies...

I have no idea how he got into power, but bravo...

Wow, that's the ultimate self-made man. Actually, he'd make a cool AAR.

I think he started as a randomly created baron or a randomly created courtier awarded higher titles until somehow he became the emperor. Very remarkable. I almost wish I had your save to play as he.

John XII was 18, and Benedict IX may have been even younger.

Nah, Benedict IX was 20 but John XII really was as young as 18. What made a difference in things in the early middle ages was the old belief that a bishop shouldn't change his see, almost debarring an existing bishop from becoming the pope (which would require vacating his see and transferring to Rome), therefore often popes were selected from non-bishops and they were much younger than nowadays, where anybody younger than 60 is a young pope.