• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No no, I don't think you understand, he is BAD. Just terrible, in very undefined, nondescriptive ways. Unbeatable in his badliness.

He's so bad, so good that he's so bad.
Guarantee he'll be the greatest thing you never had...

Okay, so I thought Emperor Hardeknut was weird -- it turns out that in this save game the ERE is also Open Elective, which gave me this:

Ugsyw.jpg

Now personally I think that's pretty cool (he's still Orthodox after all) but it's obviously absurd and once again I have no friggin' idea how both empires became Open Elective. I've never seen that happen before.

What's even funnier is that because localized titles go by the top liege's culture, all of the Byzantine Empire's dukes are called satraps. :laugh:

Okay, so I thought Emperor Hardeknut was weird -- it turns out that in this save game the ERE is also Open Elective, which gave me this:

Ugsyw.jpg

Now personally I think that's pretty cool (he's still Orthodox after all) but it's obviously absurd and once again I have no friggin' idea how both empires became Open Elective. I've never seen that happen before.

What's even funnier is that because localized titles go by the top liege's culture, all of the Byzantine Empire's dukes are called satraps. :laugh:

Good god. Just HOW DOES open elective work!?

"Okay, the old king's dead... we must choose a new one in the traditional way... by the ancient art of eeny meeny miney mo. Now everyone in the kingdom put your foot in."

I've seen times where the HRE have moved their capital to a former open elective state, thus somehow transforming the empire to that government form. May be the open elective government overthrowing the regime of the HRE, I've no freaking idea. Still amazes me, though.

What's even funnier is that because localized titles go by the top liege's culture, all of the Byzantine Empire's dukes are called satraps.

I think it gives everyone in the realm a vote -- even courtiers. It's basically a random lottery you have no control over.

More to the point, how the hell do these realms become Open Elective?

the HRE has by default elective moarchy succession law, and it is historically accurate since the HRE, during this time period the Keiser was elected by Prince-Electers. In game elective monarchy works like this : if you are an emperor, your Dukes and Kings (vassals) vote for either their favorite heir or the actual keisers favorite heirs. if you are king, the dukes vote, and if you are duke, the counts vote, if your count, the mayors and bishpos vote.
It can be a usefull succession because your vassals will love you (+30 or 20 opinion bonus), plus your vassals will generly vote for the best character statwise and enfluentiallywise. the risk is that they vote for an other dynasty to inherit your lands but i have been playing the italian kingdom under elective law for about 250 years and not once have i ever even had the slightliest threat of titles lost on succesion or game over by not inheriting.

Some images from my old game.
xZcsx.jpg

Now, my little Doux is really ambitious.
THE BESTEST COURTIER EVER.

NrLpe.jpg

I have no idea how the patriarch married the empress. In the end they had five daughters, I think.
And he had a lover.

I wasn't bright enough to take the screenshot when it happened, but one of my Countesses was very pleased that I treated female thieves better than male ones.

This Countess was three weeks old.

the HRE has by default elective moarchy succession law, and it is historically accurate since the HRE, during this time period the Keiser was elected by Prince-Electers. In game elective monarchy works like this : if you are an emperor, your Dukes and Kings (vassals) vote for either their favorite heir or the actual keisers favorite heirs. if you are king, the dukes vote, and if you are duke, the counts vote, if your count, the mayors and bishpos vote.
It can be a usefull succession because your vassals will love you (+30 or 20 opinion bonus), plus your vassals will generly vote for the best character statwise and enfluentiallywise. the risk is that they vote for an other dynasty to inherit your lands but i have been playing the italian kingdom under elective law for about 250 years and not once have i ever even had the slightliest threat of titles lost on succesion or game over by not inheriting.
You misunderstand me. The HRE is Feudal Elective, not Open Elective. They are very different systems.

"Sir, this king is a bad man!"

"What do they name this king? The accursed?"

"Nope, he's pretty pious."

"The cruel?"

"Nope, he's friendly enough."

"The ill-ruler?"

"Nope, he's well loved."

"Well what do you call him?"

"He's just... he's just the bad, okay?"

I must say this is one of my favorites, maybe he got that name because his attendants always hear his wife calling him bad when he visits the marital bed :p

OK Thanks, anyway here are mine

scaled.php

Apparently in medieval times, women were encouraged to learn to fight rather than spend time in the kitchen.

scaled.php

He must be one hell of an archer if he is all the Queen sent to defeat the entire kingdom of Scotland.

Hawkeye?