• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do HRE crown laws apply to kingdoms vassalized to the Empire, even if these have their own crown laws? This is important with regards to inheriting them out of the Empire.

IIRC the HRE crown laws apply to vassal kingdoms of the HRE, which are also a de jure part of the HRE, so Germany and Bohemia; furthermore they also apply in kingdoms, which aren't created yet (or at that moment), so like Italy and Burgundy in 1066, until someone manages to create those kingdoms. However if a de jure vassal kingdom, like Bohemia, becomes independent from the HRE, then IIRC the own Royal Bohemian Crown Laws apply, but you're still asked to vote on matters concerning the Imperial Crown Laws.

Last edited:
IIRC the HRE crown laws apply to vassal kingdoms of the HRE, which are also a de jure part of the HRE, so Germany and Bohemia; furthermore they also apply in kingdoms, which aren't created yet (or at that moment), so like Italy and Burgundy in 1066, until someone manages to create those kingdoms. However if a de jure vassal kingdom, like Bohemia, becomes independent from the HRE, then IIRC the own Royal Bohemian Crown Laws , but you're still asked to vote on matters concerning the Imperial Crown Laws.

Is Lotharingia also a De Jure vassal of the Empire? If it is, does that mean that Lotharingia's Crown Laws are effectively void?

IIRC it didn't work like that with Burgundy, but then again Burgundy is not a De Jure part of the Empire.

The pagan kingdom of Pomerania is de jure HRE? Awesome. :laugh:

I wonder why they included Lotharingia but not Arles or Italy.

More in the "oh snap! We are doomed"-category but here it goes...

LPugz.jpg

Byzzies inheriting the HRE...
Thankfully they chose to ignore the de jure claim on Holstein for now :)

oh yeah, France inherited England at some point.

The pagan kingdom of Pomerania is de jure HRE? Awesome. :laugh:

I wonder why they included Lotharingia but not Arles or Italy.
So as to make those lands less likely to swear fealty back to the HRE if they become independent, I imagine.

In that particular save game the HRE seems to be Open Elective -- and I have absolutely no idea how that could have happened. As far as I know there's not even a plot for that; it's Feudal Elective.

I didn't even notice he had no family whatsoever, I just saw the name and culture. Well-spotted.

I had never seen Venice survive past 1100, much less grow like this:

PcfFi.jpg

What happened was even stranger: Genoa conquered Capua, Napoli and Salerno as they often do. Then the HRE conquered Genoa and they moved headquarters to Capua and became the Republic of Capua. They expanded and beat the Hautevilles and around 1250 decided to swear fealty to Venice. Then Venice moved its capital to Capua.

One of my most beloved vassals in my Nubia game (where I just punched out the Shia Caliphate hard enough that I doubt they'll ever be a major risk to me again, I'm proud to say)

FinnishMecca.png

I just wish I'd taken the screenshot while he was still Suomenusko. Also, note that his son is heir to the Titular Duchy of Medina. But wait, there's more:

FinnishMecca2.png

He turned Mecca Finnish.

EDIT: Zoomed in screenshots of the important stuff.

FinnishMecca-1.png
FinnishMecca2-1.png

Last edited:
:p

finnish mecca. thats about as random as a irish jeruzalem.

Sadly, I'm Ethiopian (despite what my appearance might indicate). So, unless I work at it, his family will probably one day end up Ethiopian, too. But until that day, it's freakin' awesome. And even then, at least his house will live on as the Titular Dukes of Medina (I've decided to not usurp Arabia Felix at any point... though I guess if I finish conquering them there will be nothing to stop the Finnish folks from giving themselves the titles).

I could culture flip to Finnish probably... but c'mon, they're just as doomed in most games as Ethiopians. Still, gonna do what I can to keep my Finnish minority alive.

Playing as pagan Mecklenburg. 1073, holy war against Denmark. England tried to interfere, but I managed to beat their army in Bornholm.
Only to find out that I just captured Harold Godwinson. Um.

9VuRj.jpg

Playing as pagan Mecklenburg. 1073, holy war against Denmark. England tried to interfere, but I managed to beat their army in Bornholm.
Only to find out that I just captured Harold Godwinson. Um.

9VuRj.jpg

"Sir, this king is a bad man!"

"What do they name this king? The accursed?"

"Nope, he's pretty pious."

"The cruel?"

"Nope, he's friendly enough."

"The ill-ruler?"

"Nope, he's well loved."

"Well what do you call him?"

"He's just... he's just the bad, okay?"