• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Stealth troops?:blink:
stealthtroops.png
Note that they have high morale meaning they are not retreating. I'm confused.

lowbornheirfrance.jpg

For some inexplicable reason the French queen decided to marry a lowborn mayor and now his lowborn son is the first in the line of succession. He has managed to marry an Ylving (this time around it was matrilineally) but his sister is unmarried, lowborn and has a claim on the French throne. I'm tempted to invite her to my court, press her claim and try to install a lowborn dynasty in France.

lowbornheirfrance.jpg

For some inexplicable reason the French queen decided to marry a lowborn mayor and now his lowborn son is the first in the line of succession. He has managed to marry an Ylving (this time around it was matrilineally) but his sister is unmarried, lowborn and has a claim on the French throne. I'm tempted to invite her to my court, press her claim and try to install a lowborn dynasty in France.
Lowborn people can't found dynasties. The game only lets them marry matrilinearly so you'd establish the wife's dynasty (the Ylvings) on the throne. :)

He's an emir, presumably because his liege is Arab-cultured?

well yeah... his liege is obviously the byzantine emperor, who is currently Levantine in culture.... and not doing very well at keeping the empire together. I actually didn't notice, but the rest of the byzantine titles are like that.... but it is sorta strange seeing that for me.

Do HRE crown laws apply to kingdoms vassalized to the Empire, even if these have their own crown laws? This is important with regards to inheriting them out of the Empire.