• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So this cheered me up. :)

ETF9c.jpg

NduTI.jpg

wC6dM.jpg

I married Margaret of Wessex matrilineally to one of the Dunkeld princes -- seems his elder brothers all died childless (one or two may have become king first, I didn't check) so the throne went through the female line to the house of Wessex. Shortly after that happened I was elected king of England; I'd been biding my time through the reigns of three Godwin kings but eventually I threw enough gold around and helped a couple of the powerful Hwicce earls by joining them in wars. Patience is a virtue.

The reason for the weird Cornwall is because previously (as Eadgar the Ætheling) I'd made my nephew earl of Cornwall. The only reason I married Margaret matrilineally in the first place was to try and ensure the survival of my dynasty -- obviously I had no idea the Dunkeld line would die out. :cool:

Cool game so far. Be interesting to see where this goes.

So...i created the House Stark as the king of Sweden. Stark like in the books "A Song of Ice and Fire". I drove the catholic people away and established the norse religion again. Suddenly i noticed the name of the house of one of my Jarls

hfTxw.jpg

Fans of the books should notice a similarity to one of the houses. I wont ever go on a wedding :laugh:

So...i created the House Stark as the king of Sweden. Stark like in the books "A Song of Ice and Fire". I drove the catholic people away and established the norse religion again. Suddenly i noticed the name of the house of one of my Jarls

View attachment 53027

Fans of the books should notice a similarity to one of the houses. I wont ever go on a wedding :laugh:

But you'll have a whole army to be fielded from his breeches! May he live to 100.

I'm running a fun little competition between some friends, we're trying to rebuild the Byzantine Empire after the Fourth Crusade essentially destroys it, going from the 1205 start date. One of my players reported this just today:

WLCcL.jpg

No, your eyes are not decieving you, that really is the Kingdom of Byzantium in the middle of his empire. The first time i've ever seen it in an unmodded game. From what I understand it formed due to the the Pope calling a crusade for it against the Rum Sultanate. The crusade was a success as you can guess! It seems the new crusade system ignores the not form-able flags.

I envy him in a way, now he gets the fun of fighting a war to determine the copyright of the term "Byzantium" :laugh:

I'm running a fun little competition between some friends, we're trying to rebuild the Byzantine Empire after the Fourth Crusade essentially destroys it, going from the 1205 start date. One of my players reported this just today:

WLCcL.jpg

No, your eyes are not decieving you, that really is the Kingdom of Byzantium in the middle of his empire. The first time i've ever seen it in an unmodded game. From what I understand it formed due to the the Pope calling a crusade for it against the Rum Sultanate. The crusade was a success as you can guess! It seems the new crusade system ignores the not form-able flags.

I envy him in a way, now he gets the fun of fighting a war to determine the copyright of the term "Byzantium" :laugh:

Cool, can't wait for the crusade for Khazaria

Nothing really wrong with this considering he rode out to meet me in battle, but I just love the fact that I have captured the Pope.
He started a war with me over a hunk of Italy. I fought ONE battle with him & his mercs, captured both himself and the guy whose claim he was pressing. WINNING!

I find it hilarious that if I execute him, I only lose 10 piety. Hehe!

View attachment 53027

Well, I'd suggest to assassinate him. It would make you feel better to destroy the family as a Stark.

We've already had a half dozen of these, but still:

ck2_2.jpg

Someone's very, ahem, 'mature' for his age.

Damn that's a bit hard to see, I should start saving these manually as .bmps or something.

Here's a treat from a friend of mine -- it doesn't count as heresy if it's the only game in town, right?

somuchfororthodox.jpg

Attachments

• somuchfororthodox.jpg
    somuchfororthodox.jpg
    484,9 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
It's funny when the direct Capetians die out, which is remarkably easy in 1066 as the only members are three or four minors.

It's funny when the direct Capetians die out, which is remarkably easy in 1066 as the only members are three or four minors.

And their mother, the wife of the duke of Flanders, but she's barren by the 1066 start.

EDIT: Also, yes, it is 3 minors. Philippe, Emma and Hugues. And since the AI almost never marries matrilineally, there's a good chance they die out very quickly. Especially in a William the Bastard game where the French claim on your throne dies with them...

Capturing a 23 year old enemy during a holy war, throwing him into an oubliette a year later when he begged for mercy and three rulers later I get a message that he finally dies at the strong age of 90.

(Image below is larger than I expected. Right click, view image. Sorted )
3433EE24EF9A41D5AD21F01A872F2BAB528A5057

Edit 1: Unsure if it was really him thrown in the oubliette, I'll load up a previous save and check if it is. If so, I'll edit this once more.

Last edited: