• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I suppose this means that mongols are now christians, I did't see that coming....

Yeah, mine all went Catholic last night. B**gered me right up, since I was all set to sweep them from the Baltic lands and now I had no CBs.

I think they're trying to simulate the way Ghazan and Uzbeg (the real-world rulers of the Ilkhanate and the Golden Horde at the turn of the 13th century) made Islam their state religion in 1295 and 1313 respectively. Which of the four major religions it picks (two Christian and two Muslim) seems to be random, which is too bad -- Ghazan converted because he was trying to make himself more acceptable to the majority population in his empire. If the AI checked that, my Golden Horde Mongols would have gone Orthodox.

mw8obq.jpg

The Greeks have finally managed to usurp the throne of the True Emperor of the Romans, and Byzantine itself has managed to extend as far as France.. The Orthodox faith is in great shape, as it is blessed with rulers like the King of Rus(who demolished the now-orthdox golden horde) and the rulers of Hungary.

I really wish there was a way to convince the Pope to call a crusade for a specific geographic region, as Mauretania is simply too powerful and it would take the might of all of Christendom to take back Iberia.

15ud09.jpg

Her father said she could be anything. So she became the Pope.

I'm more surprised by the fact that there appear to be two Popes in Rome. I guess Sergius feels bad for the little girl?

vhs285.jpg

Man, two Byzantines-gobble-up-the-HRE posts in a single page, kinda makes mine less impressive. :(

byz1.jpg

At least mine's revolting. All of it. The AI managed to beat down every last one of them, though... I don't think I would have the patience to even bother.

huhr.jpg

Meanwhile, in a different game I have the Byzantine Emperor matrilineally married to the Hungarian Duchess of Finland... who is in jail.

As a side note, I'm not sure what I did to offend her, but she likes excommunicating me.

In my game, I started playing from the 1066 campaign and managed to defeat the Normans, so all my kings are sons of Harold Godwinson. Despite that, there is a bit of a Norman blood in my dynasty, I think the mother of one of my queens was Norman or something. But besides that we're as Saxon as Saxon comes. 140 years later, my king changes from Saxon to English culture, and it appears the game isn't equipped to deal with that properly.

vCymC.jpg

Say what, CK2?

In my game, I started playing from the 1066 campaign and managed to defeat the Normans, so all my kings are sons of Harold Godwinson. Despite that, there is a bit of a Norman blood in my dynasty, I think the mother of one of my queens was Norman or something. But besides that we're as Saxon as Saxon comes. 140 years later, my king changes from Saxon to English culture, and it appears the game isn't equipped to deal with that properly.

View attachment 50201

Say what, CK2?

are you using a graphics mod? that's an interesting shield for england