• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They need to work on male fertility too IMO.
I had a 78 years old king that got his wife pregnant twice, and had twins. He had 9 children, all male. For some reason twins are so common on my Vermandois game i had LOTS of Twins, at least one per generation, and we are a busy dinasty with over 50 living members all around the world, spreading the dinasty through Europe :D

Capture-13.png

all the same guys. ping pong.

ck2_14.jpg

harold rules england, robert oxford. lancaster is fighting for independence. oxford v england for robets claim and england v norway for haralds claim

I thought it was three months? But that makes no difference since she managed to get pregnant twice during the time I was at war.
According to the comments in on_actions.txt, it happens at 2 months:
Code:
#character (at 2 months)
on_pregnancy = {

ck2_9.jpg

Mongols appear to be highly educated.

According to the comments in on_actions.txt, it happens at 2 months:
Well, that's just a comment, so the accuracy is somewhat questionable. I thought this line in defines.txt was referring to that delay, but the name is a bit unclear so I'm not sure.
Code:
	3	#_CHDEF_CHILD_BIRTH_TO_PREGNANCY_WAIT_ (months)

But regardless, I was away long enough for her to get pregnant and give birth twice, so it can't simply be the delay causing this oddity.

Well, that's just a comment, so the accuracy is somewhat questionable. I thought this line in defines.txt was referring to that delay, but the name is a bit unclear so I'm not sure.
Code:
	3	#_CHDEF_CHILD_BIRTH_TO_PREGNANCY_WAIT_ (months)

But regardless, I was away long enough for her to get pregnant and give birth twice, so it can't simply be the delay causing this oddity.

I think that number means the minimum number of months between the birth of a child and his/her mother's next pregnancy.

Played as duke of upper lorraine and became emperor of Hre and got a claim on france
this is how i petitioned it :p
(the map is edited because this was done in 2.2b aka ck 2 1.03 and i save a screenshot)

ck26.png

Seriosly ? :O

I'm not sure if it's authentic, but the notion of it as an Arab curse goes way back. Gilbert Parker's Donovan Pasha, and Some People of Egypt, which was published in 1902, has one Arab character say of an enemy "'Into the belly of a dead camel shall he go, be sewn up like a cat's liver in a pudding, and cast into the Nile before God gives tomorrow a sun." But Parker was Canadian, so I'm not sure he really knew what he was talking about.