• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Heh heh, never tried that. So how does that work, as your vassal when you call the levy so they raise the mercenary band? Or do you still have to hire the band?
the same way with the Varangian Guard (which is a vassal of the ERE): halfed upkeep. I haven't verified though if it they can be hired by others (and besides, that was in the demo: I haven't been able to play the release copy lent to me since our valentine's gifts from our instructors were exams, exams, and exams... which is fitting, since St. Valentine was beheaded after all).

My first wife died
deathb.jpg

I took a screenshot that was certainly strange, but I'll post some additional screenshots I took in the same game. So this post shall be more of a small narrative.

This is the strangest screenshot. Look where Jerusalem is located, just north of Abyssinia:

This one was pretty funny. This duchess became my lover but ended up also plotting against me. I imprisoned her not realising she is my lover and got thus such funny events:

She likes me anyway:

After my wife, Matilda, died:

Not strange, but respectable:

Kind of appropriate:

Look who's still kicking. He's conquered the Crimean peninsula by the way:

Ah, that.

There's an event of a gate to Hell (a hole in the ground spewing fire and brimstone) opening. By making the right choices it is possible to try to close it. Cattle isn't even the most hardcore thing that can be sacrificed in order to do so.

No screenshot, but funny story. I had a bastard child with my son's wife(I just clicked yes without checking who it was). She was the heir to Anjou and Toulouse. I legitamized this bastard and my son(who is married to this chick) kills her. Now i'm in a dilemma. Instead of uniting Anjou + Tolouse + my Sicily, the succession is split. I now have the hard decision of killing my other sons so that my bastard will unite my new holdings. LOL game, I don't blame my son though...was an ******* thing to do.

I'll try and get a marriage with Brittany. What do they mean they want a better alliance? They're just a tiny Duchy and I'm a King!

Oh. How did that happen?

Hungarian king of England, anyone?

ck2_3.jpg

I think at one point he actually had territory in both kingdoms (now he's just king of England in name...Denmark (who I think are saxon now) are the real rulers of it)

also notice that most of the major countries (other than Rus, who is me) are ruled by their original families anymore...

and, I know it's not seen here, but the "premier" crusader kings this game have been the welsh

Last edited:
Again, where do the screenshots you take go? There's no screenshots folder in my game directory.
Try the "Print" Button on your Keybourd, switch back to your Desktop, open a blank image file and press Ctrl+V, or you can download the free version of fraps, wich will allow you to make screenshots ingame.

@Zanzibar
What the...?
Nevermind, poor William :D

Try the "Print" Button on your Keybourd, switch back to your Desktop, open a blank image file and press Ctrl+V, or you can download the free version of fraps, wich will allow you to make screenshots ingame.

@Zanzibar
What the...?
Nevermind, poor William :D

I have Fraps. I'm just confused because all other Paradox games save screenshots either to a folder labeled as such, or directly to the game's directory. The game tells me it's doing so, but I can't find them. It's annoying, because I had two screenshots I was going to post here, but they're gone now, apparently. I didn't have Fraps loaded because I thought the game was saving them itself.

Or you could just hit F11. The screenshots are saved in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\screenshots.

Anyway, here's one I took to post in the bug forums:

BYLEj.jpg

"You and Princess Matheode would gain 0 prestige from marrying into House Lowborn."

Since I was the third person to post the same help in one minute, I'll give you one of my screenshots:

He was later succeeded by Kaiser Muhammad II.