• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:p
mdmwA.jpg

This are the kind of things that kill my games and make me go, enter the savegame as that guy and divide the kingdom as we discussed before. Or use cheats. It makes little sense and the game's mechanics, sometimes so restrictive, don't really force what would be plain to see for anyone: The Emperor's grasp of these new Greek lands is so tenuous that once he's gone, he'll loose most of them, and if he wants to keep Catholic control over them he must name a different king than himself.

Funny thing is though the Emperor is no longer king of Greece. He lost the title when we deposed the Emperor/King of Greece. Now the King of Greece lives in Spoleto...and well has like no greek lands poor King of Greece.

This all happened because when the Kaiser won the Crusade it made people angry...and well we had five Kaisers in one year. :eek:

20A3EF353BCC16560D1368E4A5C0811C7845F892

Swedish Catholic Volga Bulgaria.. Massive. Note the Soumi Kingdom of Perm.
2FC1FE3148609782F79C3DE103C20A44411BDDA2

Becomes Cuman. Note the heavy Swedish population. Croatians in Hungary.
616D30D9B950FEDE78AE189C5CDBEAF76A264AEF

Religion map, 27 years later. Note that Zoroastrian is still around.
710A324D82744C8DD84FCEFD8686F8E7439526CA

And on to OPM Volga Bulgaria
filedetails

And, of course, the Swedish capital in Germany.

Last edited:
I love that Volga Bulgaria -- a proper Varangian kingdom. :)

Is that in vanilla? How did his family come to rule it?
It is vanilla, no mods, all DLCs (except sunset). It started out as a small Russian Kingdom, rising out of the Duchy of Ryzan. At one time, they had a very large Novgorod under their belt, too. I'm not sure how they became Swedish. Perhaps conquering Swedish land in the Baltic and having a landed heir tutored by a local baron/courtier. Or perhaps they married into the Swedish royal line and just happened to turn Swedish. I'll have to remember to check the title history later.

From a quick look at his parents (particularly, grand parent) it would seem that Edla the Cuman's land was inherited by a daughter, probably a Swede. This daughter married another westerner. One or both of these marriages was regular.

Edla probably became a Cuman through tutelage, as her family is all Swedish. Another explanation is that her capital in the Volga fired a random event to accept the local culture. I do recall seeing her as a Swede for a few years.

If I get time, I may try a Varangian AAR. The ruler of Bulgar is playable (he's a Cuman, but ought to be Bulgar) and so I could edit him in the Ruler Designer DLC and make him a Swede. :D

'Course, 1.09 may well add playable Norse Pagans, so I'll probably wait.

Not sure what happened here as I haven't really been following events in the East. All down to the AI, though.

cSCri.jpg

LqRwA.jpg

First cousins as HRE and ERE. Not a bad little setup, eh?

Evil Stepmother ... she agrees to kill her husbands only kid (managed to get my eldest son married with the Keisers sister (Jutta), who's 3'd in line for his lands (after Sybille and Adelheid (Celibate sister)
ErDFl.jpg

Evil Stepmother ... she agrees to kill her husbands only kid (managed to get my eldest son married with the Keisers sister (Jutta), who's 3'd in line for his lands (after Sybille and Adelheid (Celibate sister)
ErDFl.jpg
As evil as it might seem, this is actually pretty common. Woman in this game HATE children that are not theirs.
Like half the plots I discover are scheming 2nd wives

Here's another amusing AI ERE setup; no idea if this succession will actually happen (things can always change) but I don't think I've ever seen this before.

YjnPb.jpg

SxWvk.jpg

Now this is a strange constellation.

Even so the Ilkhanate controls about a quarter or more of the whole map, it can not even muster 1000 soldiers:

ilkhanate8ilnj.jpg

The solution of the mystery is as follows:

The Empire of the Ilkhanate has the Kingdom of Khiva as a vassal, that somehow contains nearly all counties under the Ilkhanate's rule.
The King of Khiva however hates the guts of his liege and since the empire only has limited crown authority he doesn't give his ruler a single soldier out of his 237.000 (!) levies:

khiva0zldr.jpg

Here's another amusing AI ERE setup; no idea if this succession will actually happen (things can always change) but I don't think I've ever seen this before.

YjnPb.jpg

SxWvk.jpg

Well, the Basilissa's husband is a Swede, and it's a regular marriage, so the ERE will become Swedish. Question is, why isn't it the first son who will inherit? Bastard? Or is this an elective monarchy here?

(By the way, the best part is that it's not just a Swede, but apparently also a mercenary leader who is the husband of the empress and the father of the future emperor.)

Oh, the joys of LI starting health value... A handful of 1066 characters are still alive now!

2a5gh1e.jpg