• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A couple questions. I recently got CK2 - I know - not an early adopter. Anyway, playing as Byzantine and have a grown son/heir as a duke, switched inheritance to seniority, but most of the best provinces are warning to be lost on succession, especially Constantinople, to a grandson prince of Denmark. How can that be?

I thought it may be fixed with the new patch, so I installed that and now the game is very unstable. I can load it, but after selecting single player it crashes everytime. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Wrong thread. Go here -> http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?586872-Crusader-Kings-II-Quick-Answers ..or make a thread on your own.

I know that people in the middle ages had somewhat shorter lifespans than today... but this seems to be over the top. Take note that this is a death from natural causes. I mean come on!

Some people love to rage over this kind of thing, however its entirely plausible. Even today, people die from unexpected, "natural" reasons. Hanna there very well could've had a brain aneurysm or a heart defect, a death from either would (and should) be listed under "natural causes" by the game's definition.

Some people love to rage over this kind of thing, however its entirely plausible. Even today, people die from unexpected, "natural" reasons. Hanna there very well could've had a brain aneurysm or a heart defect, a death from either would (and should) be listed under "natural causes" by the game's definition.
In either of those cases, the cause of death would be a failure of health. I believe it should be listed as "death from a sudden ilness" if this were the case.

Last edited:
In either of those cases, the cause of death would be a failure of health. I believe it should be listed as "death from a sudden ilness" if this were the case.

There is only a few set reasons for deaths within the game. Natural causes is for everything accidents to cancer. Coding ten thousand possible ways to die might sound easy enough but then there is also balancing and making sure the percentages are right or people will complain that too many people are dieing of cancer but no one is dieing from heart disease. Death by natural causes covers everything with a disease covered blanket.

I think the emperor have to deal with what I call a strong vassal...

ck27.png

How did you got him vassalized anyway?

The first pope I vassalized (Vitalian II) is a claimant to Kingdom of Castille.

1. Give him duke-level bishop title (Meckelenburg)
2. Push his kingdom claim
3. After he becomes King-Bishop, make him Antipope
4. Now make him the pope. Since he's a king and vassalized, gaining another king-level titles will not cause him to become independent.
5. Revoke all irrelevant titles

When the pope was the King of Castille, I can elect his successor using free investiture
Now I'll have to see whether giving him a titular kingdom will allow me to elect my own pope also

Well, too bad such a wording for the cause of death doesn't exist. But it doesn't, so this is kind of a moot point. While it may not be perfect, "natural causes" still accurately describes both examples. In fact, I'd say better as "sudden illness" would imply to me that they got ill, and within a matter of hours were dead. My examples are things that can kill a person unexpectedly in their sleep or, quite literally, cause them to just drop dead without warning. Illness would imply that, even if it were short, they spent some time physically ill.

Which the game covers.

Yes, well, if you've ever met a woman like that, they tend to be very... persuasive.
Late to this party, but I *love* that she's greedy too on top of the diplomatic lustful attractive lunatic. The new entry for Borderline Personality Disorder in the DSM should just be this screenshot.

Last edited: