• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
F410E865E89080E5A4B4A042078CCAF7B5239369

"Thanks for the thought but... I think your intel might be outdated, bro."

(no cheats, mods etc. involved - just really "fortunate" timing - message appeared that very day)

Last edited:
I had a pope hating me because of cynical versus zealous.... I was the zealous one.

I guess once you've seen it from the inside, there's no way you can take the Catholic church seriously anymore...

ck2_2184.jpg

[SUB]What a name. Incidentally, one of my dukes also had 8 children, five white, two black and one Mongol, a result of long years of mixing courtiers in Iceland (it gets boring in icy isolation).[/SUB]

ck2_2187.jpg

[SUB]Possessed dwarf crusader catholic Mongol khan of Andalusia.[/SUB]

ck2_2189.jpg

[SUB]And lastly, drunk letters on the map.[/SUB]

LOL, especially your duke and drunk letters. The khan is nice too.

A couple questions. I recently got CK2 - I know - not an early adopter. Anyway, playing as Byzantine and have a grown son/heir as a duke, switched inheritance to seniority, but most of the best provinces are warning to be lost on succession, especially Constantinople, to a grandson prince of Denmark. How can that be?

I thought it may be fixed with the new patch, so I installed that and now the game is very unstable. I can load it, but after selecting single player it crashes everytime. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

@ Sabratha -> If this is your first time losing people <20 years old due to natural causes, you're either new to the game or increadibly lucky. Either way, I envy you ;)

Here's my contribution:

9uyfwj.jpg

2ur9k3q.jpg

Long story short; Heinrich IV took the investiture conflict to a completely new level by embracing the Fraticelli creed. Surprisingly, he not only put down all independence revolts (apart from Mathilda, but let's be honest - this lady has the spirit), he also managed to convert most of his vassals. His son Ludwig continued this policy, until he got assassinated in my plot. Ludwig's son Theitmar not only converted most of Germany and repelled a crusade, but he also managed to conquer Italy as far as Ancona. Luckily, he died fighting rebels and was suceeded by his son, Ludwig. This little bastard, in turn, managed to repel my invasion into Moravia, defend for over 10 years against a second crusade and almost repelled my second attempt to take Moravia (luckily I had Templars + the Swiss mercenaries, plus some stray crusaders who were nice enough to delay the HRE doomstack before mustered my forces). The result is seen above. BTW, in the last year of the crusade he got "the Great" nickname... Oh, irony.

EDIT: Oh, and that green field in Italy are, of course, muslims. Plus the Fatimids steamrolled Greece around 1080, reducing the ERE to Wallachia + splinter states in Anatolia. Then ERE somehow reunited and kicked the Fatimids out of Thrace, but failed to retake Greece proper. Plus, Constantinople became the only province to switch cultures & faith during this period. Oh. The. Irony.